Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 33
  1. #16
    Rambunctious's Avatar
    Rambunctious is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    1,198
    Rep Power
    53

    Re: I am done with pat shurmur

    (I'm just going to paste the same response in every, of what I am sure will be numerous, threads about Shurmur.)

    As I read this thread I wonder how many actually watched the game.

    We lost but not because of vanilla play calling in the second half or Shurmur losing faith in Bradford.

    13 passes and 11 rushes isn't playing to "not lose."

    If anything Shurmur should have probably have ran a little more. Jackson was averaging 5 yards a play.

    EXECUTION plan and simple was the reason we lost. Sometimes Bradford, sometimes the receivers and definitly some lapses in D but I don't put this one on the coaches.

    Also just a side note. All of the coaches I have talked to (all college) always laugh at the importance the media and fans put on halftime adjustments. They say adjustments are made all of the time throughout the whole game. Halftime is just one of many times adjustments are made during the day.


  2. #17
    3STL9's Avatar
    3STL9 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    209
    Rep Power
    8

    Re: I am done with pat shurmur

    Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    Halarious. Shurmur was calling one of the most brilliant halves on the ground that I've seen in years ....

    You are truly clueless about football ....

    The only real plays Bradford made in this game was the nice TD to Illinois Mike and a nice strike to Robinson ...
    Week 1: Rams 3 points in the second half
    Week 2: Rams 7 points in the second half
    Week 3: Rams 16 points in the second half
    Week 4: Rams 10 points in the second half
    Week 5: Rams 0 points in the second half
    Week 6: Rams 3 points in the second half
    Week 7: Rams 0 points in the second half

    Also Known As ( A.K.A ) ... 5 Points per game in the second half.

    Go back and look at that touchdown drive in the Redskins game. It really was all bradford more than playcalling. I know this because I still have the game on DVR, and I have watched it.

    And I am pretty sure if the Seahawks were not so inept on the offense we would have been worse of in that second half in that game.

  3. #18
    RamsInfiniti's Avatar
    RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    R.I.P.
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,743
    Rep Power
    77

    Re: I am done with pat shurmur

    Quote Originally Posted by Rambunctious View Post
    (I'm just going to paste the same response in every, of what I am sure will be numerous, threads about Shurmur.)

    As I read this thread I wonder how many actually watched the game.

    We lost but not because of vanilla play calling in the second half or Shurmur losing faith in Bradford.

    13 passes and 11 rushes isn't playing to "not lose."

    If anything Shurmur should have probably have ran a little more. Jackson was averaging 5 yards a play.

    EXECUTION plan and simple was the reason we lost. Sometimes Bradford, sometimes the receivers and definitly some lapses in D but I don't put this one on the coaches.

    Also just a side note. All of the coaches I have talked to (all college) always laugh at the importance the media and fans put on halftime adjustments. They say adjustments are made all of the time throughout the whole game. Halftime is just one of many times adjustments are made during the day.
    Thank God somebody gets it ....

    I would venture a very small percentage watched it if they think offensive playcalling is the reason we lost this game ....

  4. #19
    3STL9's Avatar
    3STL9 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    209
    Rep Power
    8

    Re: I am done with pat shurmur

    Yes, but there is a difference between 13 passes and 11 runs..

    When it is

    1st down: Run
    2nd down: PA Pass
    3rd down: Pass

    or

    1st down: Run
    2nd down: Run
    3rd down: Pass/PA pass...

    That still comes back to play calling

  5. #20
    PeoriaRam's Avatar
    PeoriaRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    2,173
    Rep Power
    40

    Re: I am done with pat shurmur

    Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    Thank God somebody gets it ....

    I would venture a very small percentage watched it if they think offensive playcalling is the reason we lost this game ....
    It is a strong contributor.

    ----------------------------------------------

    If you're going to blame personnel, then why the BLEEP didn't Shurmur and Spagnuolo sit down with Devaney and essentially say "We need a #1 wideout now, and forget AJ Green for 5 seconds; he most likely won't even be on the board when we draft, so you can 'overpay' in free agency or trades a little."

  6. #21
    Curly Horns's Avatar
    Curly Horns is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    1st & Goal
    Posts
    2,669
    Rep Power
    58

    Re: I am done with pat shurmur

    Quote Originally Posted by 3STL9 View Post
    I am done with pat shurmur
    What's with all the stupid posts around here?!?

  7. #22
    RamsInfiniti's Avatar
    RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    R.I.P.
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,743
    Rep Power
    77

    Re: I am done with pat shurmur

    Quote Originally Posted by Ferter View Post
    What's with all the stupid posts around here?!?
    Ferter, we're a Super Bowl contender, remember? We are grossly underachieving coming off our 1-15 season ...

    With a rookie QB and beat up WR's, Shurmur has only increasing the YPG by 35 and PPG by 7 ...

    INEXCUSABLE, eh?

  8. #23
    Flippin' Ram's Avatar
    Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    2,483
    Rep Power
    32

    Re: I am done with pat shurmur

    Guess I'll take back what I said about blaming it all on Shurmur, I've seen some key dropped passes but he's still subject for not executing Jackson properly in the 2nd half. Overall, 'twas a close game, I can still see we're an average team at best and only an elite team knows how to overcome crucial mistakes, we better step it up after the bye week or we're in for an ugly road skid.

  9. #24
    3STL9's Avatar
    3STL9 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    209
    Rep Power
    8

    Re: I am done with pat shurmur

    He increased ppg by 7 and ypg by 35. WITH A BETTER QB, WAY BETTER OFFENSIVE LINE, AND A BETTER RECEIVING CORP. Holy **** Give him the offensive coordinator prize of the year, if there is one!!!!!

  10. #25
    PeoriaRam's Avatar
    PeoriaRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    2,173
    Rep Power
    40

    Re: I am done with pat shurmur

    Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    Ferter, we're a Super Bowl contender, remember? We are grossly underachieving coming off our 1-15 season ...

    With a rookie QB and beat up WR's, Shurmur has only increasing the YPG by 35 and PPG by 7 ...

    INEXCUSABLE, eh?
    You know, you could make a decent argument that both improvements are solely a function of swapping out the QB rookie or not.

    I'm not going to say a trained monkey or a video game AI could post that improvement with Bradford, BUUUUTTTT I'm not finding it hard to conceive that there are a good number of coaches out there who could outpace that improvement with Bradford.

  11. #26
    Rambunctious's Avatar
    Rambunctious is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    1,198
    Rep Power
    53

    Re: I am done with pat shurmur

    Quote Originally Posted by 3STL9 View Post
    Yes, but there is a difference between 13 passes and 11 runs..

    When it is

    1st down: Run
    2nd down: PA Pass
    3rd down: Pass

    or

    1st down: Run
    2nd down: Run
    3rd down: Pass/PA pass...

    That still comes back to play calling
    I agree with this when it happens... but I don't think it happened during this game.

    We through 5 times on first down and we rushed 5 times on 1st down.

    We passed 3 times on 2nd down and passed 5 times on 2nd down.

    Seems pretty balanced.

    Third downs were a different story with 5 passes and 1 rush but I'm sure the posts would be even more damning of Shurmur if he ran on 3rd down anymore than that.

  12. #27
    sonnyjames is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Age
    37
    Posts
    205
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: I am done with pat shurmur

    The offense was awful in the second half. That's indisputable. You can blame it on play calling or execution but it was as bad a second half performance as we've had all season. The players didn't do well enough and the coaches are the guys that carry the can. That simple.

    Where we lost it was on defence, however. Missed ints cost us points today - we've missed picks throughout the season and gotten away with it. Not today.

    Worse still was having the Buccs at 2nd and 22 with a minute to play and in the middle of the field. We gave up NINETEEN yards in two plays and then allowed them to complete on fourth down. When you're leading by five, with a minute left and have a team at 2nd and 22, well you simply have to wrap the game up. Second half on both sides of the ball was just not good enough. Shurmur doesn't carry the can for this loss any more than Spags, Flajole or the players.

  13. #28
    PeoriaRam's Avatar
    PeoriaRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    2,173
    Rep Power
    40

    Re: I am done with pat shurmur

    Quote Originally Posted by sonnyjames View Post
    The offense was awful in the second half. That's indisputable. You can blame it on play calling or execution but it was as bad a second half performance as we've had all season. The players didn't do well enough and the coaches are the guys that carry the can. That simple.

    Where we lost it was on defence, however. Missed ints cost us points today - we've missed picks throughout the season and gotten away with it. Not today.

    Worse still was having the Buccs at 2nd and 22 with a minute to play and in the middle of the field. We gave up NINETEEN yards in two plays and then allowed them to complete on fourth down. When you're leading by five, with a minute left and have a team at 2nd and 22, well you simply have to wrap the game up. Second half on both sides of the ball was just not good enough. Shurmur doesn't carry the can for this loss any more than Spags, Flajole or the players.
    The defense was gassed in that sequence. Which of course brings up my other hobby horse: Conditioning and why the Rams need to stop having training camp at Rams Park.

  14. #29
    RamsInfiniti's Avatar
    RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    R.I.P.
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,743
    Rep Power
    77

    Re: I am done with pat shurmur

    Quote Originally Posted by 3STL9 View Post
    He increased ppg by 7 and ypg by 35. WITH A BETTER QB, WAY BETTER OFFENSIVE LINE, AND A BETTER RECEIVING CORP. Holy **** Give him the offensive coordinator prize of the year, if there is one!!!!!
    Again, I cannot even begin to start with how stupid this post is, considering we're not even halfway through the season, and we're playing without two of our most potent weapons ....

    Don't worry though, I get a good laugh everytime I see something like this ...

    FWIW, our offensive line leads the NFL in penalties ....

    And our receiving corp is NOT better than last year ...

  15. #30
    PeoriaRam's Avatar
    PeoriaRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    2,173
    Rep Power
    40

    Re: I am done with pat shurmur

    Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post

    FWIW, our offensive line leads the NFL in penalties ....
    Gee, that sounds like something systemic to me. And if its systemic it comes back to coaching.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 13
    Last Post: -09-24-2010, 07:42 PM
  2. Pat Shurmur .. Meet the Coaches ..
    By MauiRam in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -07-13-2009, 12:03 PM
  3. Who is our new OC
    By theodus69 in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: -03-16-2009, 12:56 AM
  4. Pat Shurmur on Marc Bulger ..
    By MauiRam in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: -02-21-2009, 08:30 PM
  5. St. Louis Rams talk to Shurmur, Flajole
    By THOLTFAN81 in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: -01-21-2009, 12:17 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •