Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    swatter555 is offline Registered User

Re: I am done with pat shurmur

Quote Originally Posted by Rambunctious View Post
    (I'm just going to paste the same response in every, of what I am sure will be numerous, threads about Shurmur.)

As I read this thread I wonder how many actually watched the game.

We lost but not because of vanilla play calling in the second half or Shurmur losing faith in Bradford.

13 passes and 11 rushes isn't playing to "not lose."

If anything Shurmur should have probably have ran a little more. Jackson was averaging 5 yards a play.

EXECUTION plan and simple was the reason we lost. Sometimes Bradford, sometimes the receivers and definitly some lapses in D but I don't put this one on the coaches.

Also just a side note. All of the coaches I have talked to (all college) always laugh at the importance the media and fans put on halftime adjustments. They say adjustments are made all of the time throughout the whole game. Halftime is just one of many times adjustments are made during the day.
    Are you kidding??? Shurmur was too aggressive and needed to run the ball more: are you insane????

I will just take it for granted that 13 pass calls in the second half was correct. Even if that was the case, Bradford audibled out of at least 2 more run calls. In addition, 3 straight unsuccessful short pass calls occured on one drive after a penalty on 1st down. I do not think it was the case Shurmur needed to call run more.

Sure we didn't execute, but Shurmur is a big part of setting the offense up for success. When Shurmur calls run too much, all the opposing defense needs to do is stop one run play and we likely punt. That is exactly what happened in the second half. Shurmur was banking the entire game on the Bucs poor run defense, but when the Bucs adjusted and began to stop Steven just enough- Shurmur had no response.

It is blatantly obvious our WRs cannot get open on short routes- and that is all Shurmur calls. I liked his playcalling in the first half, but you can't just give up on being aggressive and just sit on a lead.

Rambunctious is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by swatter555 View Post
    Are you kidding??? Shurmur was too aggressive and needed to run the ball more: are you insane????
    You mean insane like the first half when we rushed on 10 of our 1st downs and passed on only 5?

You mean insane like the first half when Jackson rushed 12 times for 82 yards for 6.8 yard per carry?

You mean insane like the first half when we put 17 points, our only points, on the board?

When Shurmur calls run too much, all the opposing defense needs to do is stop one run play and we likely punt. That is exactly what happened in the second half.
    Again how is 13 passes and 11 rushes considered running too much? Especially considering the first half break down was 16 passes and 18 rushes... and that was the half we actually scored.

It is blatantly obvious our WRs cannot get open on short routes- and that is all Shurmur calls. I liked his playcalling in the first half, but you can't just give up on being aggressive and just sit on a lead.
    So I think the wide receivers didn't get open because of execution and you think it is because Shurmurs' plays actually call for them not to get open? Interesting.

molar_pistol is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    Wow, quiet the intelligent start to this post. The clowns come out after the losses ...

Again, do you KNOW it's not Spags philosophy?

Always the coaching, never the execution ...

How about Flajole, who apparently forgets how to blitz on the road ...
    get a sense of humor. i never said bradford's play was stellar or it was 100% on pat shurmur. i just don't like it when he gets this conservative, it's something we've seen pretty consistently this year and last and it's getting old. i don't know if it's spags making the call or not, i never claimed to. from an outsider perspective, which we all are by the way, the offense continues to play it safe and not attack where there's opportunities to attack. certainly the d went the "play it safe" route in the second half today as well, plus the d didn't capitalize on opportunities to turn it over, plus the o-line struggled in protection at times, plus the wr's failed to make some plays, so there's plenty of blame to go around. i'm not saying it's 100% on shurmur, i'm just a little disturbed with the fact that you seem to want to put 0% of the blame on what was obviously bad play calling and throw all the heat at a rookie qb.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123