Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

I am hereby boycotting the media.

I've had enough.

I've had enough of articles that downplay the Rams' turnaround and quality play in favor of the tired old "Mad Mike," "Bulger can't handle a pass rush," "Isaac Bruce has lost a step" and "the Rams can't play defense" takes. Do these Bozos actually research their articles? To they follow the team at all? Have they even watched the games?

Two points of clarification:

1. I'm not saying that the media has no right to be critical. But if they're going to be critical, they should actually criticize something pertinent - like the Rams' trouble getting to Hasselbeck in last week's game. Instead, they take the easy way out and fall back on "Martz is crazy" comments; and

2. There's a difference between our criticizing the team and media Bozos doing the same. Its like the way you can tease your brother, but you don't let others outside the family do the same.

So, for the remainder of the season, I'm boycotting them. I don't need them.

I propose we all do this.

daredevil25 is offline Registered User

Re: I am hereby boycotting the media.

No sense worryin' about the media, because they're never out to be "fair and accurate". They're out for the story and they'll tell the story they want to get readers.

Sonja Grimes, My Cousin, We Miss and Love You.
    The Falcons Flock Message Board

psycho9985 is offline Registered User

[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue :ramlogo: I agree with Daredevil.You cant stop'em.All we can do is email the turds,and let them know what we think.Lets start with espn and tell them their opinions stink,including their pc correctness B.S.Let Rush back on and make a public apology for what they put him through.

All I ask is that the ST LOUIS media get behind this team in the REGULAR season.

Not only have the Rams had to put up with adversity, they have had to contend with their local media snipping at them all season and thats PATHETIC

As for the rest of the media ......... well they can go fish for all I read or listen to them.

RamTime Guest

Instead, they take the easy way out and fall back on "Martz is crazy" comments;
    It seems that journalists are lazy by nature and anything such as Moss's mooning, T.O.'s sharpie and Martz is crazy makes their job easy and requires no journalistic work except to come up with a clever way to repeat something that has already been said. Tabloid bile if you will. That's what I like about Howard and Barry they don't resort to this type of yellow journalism.

BTW How the hell can I watch the game if I boycott the media?

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RamTime

BTW How the hell can I watch the game if I boycott the media?
    Hit the mute button.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Some of them are actually coming around. 3 out of the 4 HBO guys last week picked the Rams over Seattle. I'm seeing stories that actually praise Martz.

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan
    Some of them are actually coming around. 3 out of the 4 HBO guys last week picked the Rams over Seattle. I'm seeing stories that actually praise Martz.
    BANDWAGGON MEDIA

Pathetic

ok, ok.....

SORRY BOSS

hehehe

Its great when we can call someone else bandwaggon ..................... unfortunatly its our local media .................. sigh

You are referring to Jim Thomas right? I mean, you R E A L L Y like Bernie....

LOL.

dfarrar777 is offline Registered User

As a Seahawk fan, one thing I've noticed when I visit your board and read the local take on the Rams is the stunning amateurism of many of your local beat writers. Burwell seems to be one of those "happy clown" guys, and I don't know WHAT Bernie Miklasz is trying to accomplish.

We certainly have our share of goofballs in the Emerald City, but a fairly equal amount of competent-or-better guys such as Clare Farnsworth, Art Thiel and Mike Sando.

St. Louis isn't exactly a small town - is there anyone in the area who has a clue? I would imagine there has to be...

JCRamFan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam
    1. I'm not saying that the media has no right to be critical. But if they're going to be critical, they should actually criticize something pertinent - like the Rams' trouble getting to Hasselbeck in last week's game. Instead, they take the easy way out and fall back on "Martz is crazy" comments; and

2. There's a difference between our criticizing the team and media Bozos doing the same. Its like the way you can tease your brother, but you don't let others outside the family do the same.
    Amen to that, while I am not Martz biggest fan as a Head Coach, I still love this team and when others rip on them I get very defensive. Let's just hope the Rams can keep shutting them all up.

Yodude is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam
    I am hereby boycotting the media.

....does that mean no pre-game press conference?
    Clannie Nominee for ClanRam's Thickest Poster

ZigZagRam is offline Registered User

It'll make it all the more exciting when the Rams win the SuperBowl.

F-You Kevin Slaten! F-You Tom Jackson! F-You Chris Collinsworthless!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast