Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    thoey is offline Registered User

Re: I am hereby boycotting the media.

Sign me up for the boycott. Just listening to the local Yahoo's in San Antonio talk about this weekends game. I am going to paraphrase, but I am close to the exact words:

"Let me tell you how I pick who is going to win a game. Let's look at the Atlanta game this weekend. Michael Vick. Winner. He has won at every level of the game. Mike Martz. Loser."

What the hell is this yahoo talking about. Yes, I criticize Martz for things, but what has Vick ever done in the NFL? I think his name is spoken just off potential. He has won one (1) playoff game. Yes, he was the first to do it at Lambeau (Lambert) Field. But that is it. One game. What did I read today, Martz is 12-0 in the month of January? Been in the playoffs 4 out of 5 years? One of the winningest HC's in the league? Loser?

Gawd, I hate local sports shows. Wish I had my XM at work...

This space for rent...

Rudy85 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by thoey
    "Let me tell you how I pick who is going to win a game. Let's look at the Atlanta game this weekend. Michael Vick. Winner. He has won at every level of the game. Mike Martz. Loser."

What the hell is this yahoo talking about. Yes, I criticize Martz for things, but what has Vick ever done in the NFL? I think his name is spoken just off potential. He has won one (1) playoff game. Yes, he was the first to do it at Lambeau (Lambert) Field. But that is it. One game. What did I read today, Martz is 12-0 in the month of January? Been in the playoffs 4 out of 5 years? One of the winningest HC's in the league? Loser?

Gawd, I hate local sports shows. Wish I had my XM at work...

I agree with your general point, but...

12-0 in January?

Where'd you read that?

Martz has only coached 6 playoff games, and is 3-3 as of last weeks wild card win over the Seahawks.

He has January wins over Green Bay, Philadelphia, and now Seattle, and has January losses against Carolina and New Orleans. Of course, the Super Bowl loss was in Feburary.

thoey is offline Registered User

Sorry, I could be remembering wrong, but I read something to that fact on this board yesterday...
    This space for rent...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12