STLRAMSFAN Guest

I am not that concerned about the OL

Our OL was concerning last year and this year we have two guys out for the year that started last year (Terrell and McCollum). Yet I still am not that concerned this year. I like what I see from the two offensive tackle spots and I like what Incognito is doing at the center position. The guard position is normally the easiest OL position to fill IMO. I think between Timmerman, Steussie, Goldberg, and Setterstrom we will be decent this year at the position. We have three guys with a lot of starting experience two of which are on the downward slope of their careers but can still produce. The other has the potential to continue to improve (Goldberg). I think Setterstrom has good potential and could contend for playing time before the season ends.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Re: I am not that concerned about the OL

While I'm nowhere near panic mode, I'm still a little concerned. Green Bay has a weak defense, but they've managed to rack up a lot of sacks and are getting pressure on opposing QB's. In the weeks that follow, the defenses we face will only get better and any success we have will depend on how well the OL holds up.

I'm encouraged by the progress and grittiness our guys have shown, but I'm hoping we can get the line solidified, soon. The patchwork, makeshift situation we now find ourselves in will sooner or later create problems.