throwback week

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: I...Am...Proud

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

I...Am...Proud

This team has overcome obstacles week after week to only prove their dominance once again. So many guys had absolute monster performances (Quinn, Long, Dunbar, SJAX, Janoris). Dunbar has potentially been the most over-looked Ram in a VERY long time. As fast as a LB will get, he'll knock your lights out too. He's a straight BEAST.

The defensive line straight ATE today. Long was in Kolb's face ALL GAME. He registered 1 sack, at least 5 pressures, and a few knockdowns too. Quinn was the recipient. He also layed some nasty moves on Bobby Massie and registered 3 sacks and 1 FF, as well as 1 knockdown. He played lights out on run defense too. Brockers and Langford did a terrific job collapsing the pocket.

SJ had a resurgance. He was running mad today. DRICH did work too. I can't wait to see him get 20+ carries a game. He's next in-line for the Rams great RB's.

Janoris Jenkins was the BEST PICK in the ENTIRE 2012 NFL draft. He had a pick 6 which went un-called (Fitzgerald Facemask). He also had terrific coverage on a top 3 WR in the NFL basically all game. He had 2 more chances at INT's. Finnegan is the most versatile CB in the NFL, hands down. He can blitz, play outside, slot, cover TE's, he can do it all. And not only can he do it all, he's unbelievable at everything he does.

Danny Amendola has a broken collarbone. He'll be out 4-6 weeks. Gives more playing time to Quick and Givens (earned it).

And how about this makeshift offensive line? Opened HUGE running holes all game. They did a great job in pass pro too! I owe Wayne Hunter the biggest apology a man can offer another one. He has been playing LIGHTS OUT since being traded to us.

Last but not least, this frickin coaching staff! Fossil, Fisher, Snead, Demoff, Williams, McGinnis, Cecil, and Boudreau may be the top coaching staff in ALL of football. Fisher has our guys playing like I've never seen before!

LETS GO 4-2! Eat some DOLPHIN FOR DINNER!! GO RAMS!

THE DREAM TEAM

BrokenWing is offline Registered User

Re: I...Am...Proud

THAT WAS TOTALLY AWESOME!

That is all =).

No not really. I agree with everything you said, those guys were playing like the Cardinals came in to town to burn the building down and say mean things about their mothers.

DE_Ramfan is offline Registered User

Great game for sure. Will have to disagree with you on the oline. They did ok running but Bradford took a beating and wasn't comfortable in the pocket at all. Dahl's tiger palm to the face mask blocking style cost us as well.
    Rambos and live4ramin like this.

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

Awesome post Sos. So freakin elated. Ive gone through nearly two levels of schooling since we had a winning record so as B.o.B sang... the feeling Im gettin is "So GOOD"

JFMose is offline Registered User

Richardson also had some nice runs...but yeah that Janoris guy...sheesh, his confidence is rising each week. The only thing bad about this game (other than injuries), was that terrible stretch of play by Bradford before his TD to Givens.
    RealRam likes this.

I'm not sure I'd plant that all on Bradford...

ljcrayton is offline Registered User

And i'm proud to be a ram fan
    where at least i know we'll win
    and i won't for get, the men we draft
    like kicker greg zuerlin
    and i'll gladly stand up, next to you
    and cheer them on this day
    cuz it ain't not doubt, i love this teeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeam
    feels good to win this daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay
    Varg6 and cfin5256 like this.

A stretch...

but who cares? =)

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by JFMose View Post
    Richardson also had some nice runs...but yeah that Janoris guy...sheesh, his confidence is rising each week. The only thing bad about this game (other than injuries), was that terrible stretch of play by Bradford before his TD to Givens.
    He has been unlucky not to get another pick. He always seems to be around the ball.
    That Fitzgerald facemask was so blatant. And surely if you aren't going to call facemask, you have to call ofeensive pass interference? Fitzgerald made no play on the ball, only on Jenkins. Nice to see him returning punts too.

Azul e Oro is online now Registered User

Another amazing team win. Sure, there were plays left on the field- both teams had enough passes dropped by normally surehanded guys to make me think the short week played a role there- but this wasn't one of those times when one unit totally bails out the others,imo.As dominant as the D was, I was more impressed with the offense, considering the state of the O-line & losing Amendola

JFMose is offline Registered User

I'm just sayin the offense gotta put more points on the board, we're lucky the defense is keeping the points low on the opposite side. We can't just push that problem aside because we won. I'm looking forward to seeing more Brian Quick, did anybody notice that Bradford wasn't hesitant about throwing to him 1 on 1 against peterson in the endzone?? Quick could've had it (jumped up higher), but the ball was thrown a bit too far for quick.

and tomahawk, the one thing i don't like is Jenkins returning punts...i just don't want him to be injured, he's too valuable. Shouldn't Pettis be doing that?
    Last edited by JFMose; -10-05-2012 at 04:21 AM.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

I'm just sayin the offense gotta put more points on the board, we're lucky the defense is keeping the points low on the opposite side. We can't just push that problem aside because we won. I'm looking forward to seeing more Brian Quick, did anybody notice that Bradford wasn't hesitant about throwing to him 1 on 1 against peterson in the endzone?? Quick could've had it (jumped up higher), but the ball was thrown a bit too far for quick.

and tomahawk, the one thing i don't like is Jenkins returning punts...i just don't want him to be injured, he's too valuable. Shouldn't Pettis be doing that?
    It's not lucky that the defense is keeping points low, it's good play from our defense.

Jenkins I like returning punts because he is a playmaker

Azul e Oro is online now Registered User

But what can you do with an O-line that's missing 3/5ths of its starters & a new scheme & young WRs ? You play good defense,use STs to help both, run the ball as effectively as you can- SJ burned a lot of clock in the second half- & bide your time in the pass game. Two TDs vs that defense ain't bad; it's two more than Philly scored...lol...and Sam protected the ball better than either Vick or Brady

And no, you don't always have to score more than that . Just look at any Steeler Raven game. This was a shootout by comparison. Sure, you want them to be more consistent but if you were expecting Fisher to recreate the GSOT, you're gonna be disappointed for a long time,imo.There will have to be improvement even faster now that Amendola's down but that was a second year TE and a 5th game rookie who scored off passes from a 3rd year QB. There's hope for growth.

Agreed on Jenkins. Time for Mr Pead to poop or get off the pot,imo, cross-referential pun intended.

Rain is offline Registered User

I am so proud of the Rams this season. Coach Fisher has done a fantastic job in a short space of time.

I think what we're seeing with Jeff Fisher is why it is important to appoint a quality Head Coach. Some Co-Ordinators make great Head Coaches but some don't and I think the contrast between Fisher and his predecessors Spag and Linehan is obvious.

JustSayin is offline Registered User

My reply to the title of the thread.

I am to!
    RealRam and Varg6 like this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast