RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Angry I am SO disgusted!

I just got off the telephone after calling our local Fox affiliate, KDEB, Fox 27. For the past 5 years or so, Fox 27 has consistently carried the Rams games, while thier sister station, KOLR-10 (CBS) has carried the Chiefs games. Well, now I see that the Rams game will not be shown on Fox 27 so the Chiefs game can be shown instead. KOLR-10 will be showing the Colts/Titans game. Funny thing is, I see Rams shirts being worn everywhere around town, Chiefs shirts are the next most popular, and then there are a few strange people who wear shirts with the logos of the cowgirls, raiders, or maybe even the Packers. But the Titans or Colts? Never saw a single person wearing anything mentioning these teams. Rams merchandise is consistently sold out....there are Rams parties. The level of interest is extreme.
    So what's the excuse the jokers at the TV station used to explain this? It seems they think the Chiefs have more support in this area. So I asked them why they didn't show them on CBS and let Fox do the Rams? Well, the Indy/Tennessee game is high interest. I explained that yes, it is, but only to a majority in the Indiana/Tennessee area, not to the fans in southwest Missouri....we want our Rams.
    Now that I find we have been screwed over, how do I get this changed? Any and all ideas are welcome!!!! (and you other Rams fans in SW MO....I need your help on this!)

general counsel Guest

Re: I am SO disgusted!

Other than going to a bar or befriending a kind sole with direct tv, i think you are in trouble. Living outside st louis, direct tv is essential if you want to watch the rams, but it seems really unfair to live in or around st louis and still be forced to pay the money for the nfl package.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

I feel your pain Ramsfam. I usually have to go to a bar to watch the game. :upset:

Not to rub it in, but they are showing the game here locally. The only reason they are showing it is that the lowly dolts can't even sell out thier home opener. Otherwise they wouldn't even show an early game here.

I would fire off some nasty e-mails to the local fox affilliate.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFamily
    I just got off the telephone after calling our local Fox affiliate, KDEB, Fox 27. For the past 5 years or so, Fox 27 has consistently carried the Rams games, while thier sister station, KOLR-10 (CBS) has carried the Chiefs games. Well, now I see that the Rams game will not be shown on Fox 27 so the Chiefs game can be shown instead. KOLR-10 will be showing the Colts/Titans game. Funny thing is, I see Rams shirts being worn everywhere around town, Chiefs shirts are the next most popular, and then there are a few strange people who wear shirts with the logos of the cowgirls, raiders, or maybe even the Packers. But the Titans or Colts? Never saw a single person wearing anything mentioning these teams. Rams merchandise is consistently sold out....there are Rams parties. The level of interest is extreme.
    So what's the excuse the jokers at the TV station used to explain this? It seems they think the Chiefs have more support in this area. So I asked them why they didn't show them on CBS and let Fox do the Rams? Well, the Indy/Tennessee game is high interest. I explained that yes, it is, but only to a majority in the Indiana/Tennessee area, not to the fans in southwest Missouri....we want our Rams.
    Now that I find we have been screwed over, how do I get this changed? Any and all ideas are welcome!!!! (and you other Rams fans in SW MO....I need your help on this!)
    ARE YOU SERIOUS!!! I've planned my whole afternoon around the Rams game. Fox ALWAYS shows the Ram games. What are those idiots at KDEB doing. This is SW MO. They can show both by putting the Chefs on KOLR, and they showing Titans/Colts?!?!

This just screwed up my whole weekend. Where's the phone? I'm calling those morons.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by RAMMAN68
    I feel your pain Ramsfam. I usually have to go to a bar to watch the game. :upset:

Not to rub it in, but they are showing the game here locally. The only reason they are showing it is that the lowly dolts can't even sell out thier home opener. Otherwise they wouldn't even show an early game here.

I would fire off some nasty e-mails to the local fox affilliate.
    Oh, e-mails have been sent. Calls have been made.
    I would go to a bar to watch the game, but Rams games are a family time thing. We always load up on soda and junk food, sit on the couch, turn up the surround sound, and enjoy the experience...but I can't take my kids to a sports bar. I want them to equate the Rams with fun, not a bunch of people drinking and cussing because the refs made a bad call. I am going to write our local newspaper today to let them know what is happenning here. Maybe they can do something. :upset:

maineram is offline Registered User

Living in Maine and trying to get ANY GAME outside of a Monday nighter, has been a nightmare for the past 26 years. Giants & Patsies 24/7, has been the norm, with the 4 mins. of highlights at 11:00pm Sunday night as a teaser. I wish I hadn't been so numb for so long and got the dish sooner. I think I've died and gone to Rams heaven. I'ts cheaper then my local cable Co. too. The kids are happy with the movies, and they stay away, every football Sunday, when Dad's Rams are on !!!!

Wicked - Good !!!

Maineram -
    and out of the ashes rise ...The Breakfast Club !

well if you live Scotland, you have to travel to the games

maineram is offline Registered User

A big SORRY to Dez & all who like myself for so many decades, cannot get the Rams aside from their prime time affairs.
    "Flying to the games, has always been one of my options" I know !!!

Rams fan first

Maineram :tough: :ramlogo:
    and out of the ashes rise ...The Breakfast Club !

theodus69 is offline Registered User

God I love the WEST COAST!!!!!! :tongue:
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!