Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

I am so tired of this.

Every game this season, the Rams have looked a little bit better. Our offense looked the best it has all year, Bulger led a two-minute offense that was reminiscent of days past, Amendola is giving our return game something it has been missing for years, and our defense is stepping it up, somewhat inconsistently, but still better than it has in the past two seasons.

We went into Jacksonville today with a desire to come out with a win. It came down to the last 7 seconds before we ended up going for a tie instead of a win. Spags played it safe for a chance to win instead of gambling and possibly losing. The decision to go for three may have been the wrong one (remember Carolina in the playoffs a few years ago?) but it gave our guys something they haven't had in a long time - hope.

So what am I tired of? I'm tired of the fans who are too busy whining about Bulger (who did a great job today), fans who are complaining about our defense (who actually did a decent job) to notice that we are getting better.

Yeah, let's trade our best player. That way, we can get a RB who runs like crap - because that's all that's left in free agency. Let's bench our QB - the one who knows the plays and is really showing that he can execute once again. That way, we can start someone who can't be consistent at throwing either completions or interceptions. Let's trash the whole team - after all, it's only been six weeks, and if they haven't won us a super bowl by now, they never will.

I'm not looking at the team through rose colored glasses. I'm being realistic. The Rams are bad - no doubt about it. But the Rams of week six are far better than the Rams of week one. I didn't expect a quick turnaround. Even Spags said it will take time. Anyone who thought we'd be an NFL powerhouse by now should at least try to be realistic.

Most of us on here thought we should have won today. I'm one of them. Anyone who is whining about the effort put forth by anyone on the team today needs to watch the game again, because the game I watched showed a Rams team that fought hard for a win. Had we won the coin toss in OT...we would have had that elusive "W".

For those of you who think whining about things will make you a good fan, or will change the team, I've got news for you.

It makes you look like a fair-weather fan, and the team isn't going to change the road they are on just because you think you know the way to go.

ScottD413 is offline Registered User

Re: I am so tired of this.

I agree that we are getting better every week, but you can't blame us for being disappointed. I'm entirely deflated. I REALLY thought we were going to win all week. It's a little upsetting.

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFanSam View Post
    For those of you who think whining about things will make you a good fan, or will change the team, I've got news for you.

It makes you look like a fair-weather fan, and the team isn't going to change the road they are on just because you think you know the way to go.
    a fair weather wouldn't be here. fact we are all here, even though at times gripe, shows we are patient and really behind our team. at this point i have nothing but respect for those of us still here despite the ugly.

i want to thank all here. keep heads up you are all true blue and gold.

prediction week 6: Rams 24 Indy 21

We are only 4 games out with 11 games to go (mathematically in)

GO RAMS!!!
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

thermobee is offline Registered User

Thank you. Finally someone said it.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFanSam View Post
    The Rams are bad - no doubt about it. But the Rams of week six are far better than the Rams of week one.
    And certainly better than the Rams of 2008.

Great post, RFS!

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Great post my friend.

They are improving. As fans, we know its going to take patience.

I can't believe people are STILL talking bad about Bulger.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Devaney, if you care about this team... fire the offensive coordinator!!!!

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

Great post Sam my friend and I agree entirely.

As hard as it is watching us lose every week, its harder in many ways visiting the boards and hearing the same tired, simplistic knee-jerk declarations from the few people who think that Madden-trades work outside of the video game.

Go Rams

tomahawk247 is online now Registered User

I think the lack of depth and skill at receiver really showed today. Losing Avery to injury really hurt

swatter555 is offline Registered User

Its not about being a fair weather fan or whining, I personally just give it the way I see it. I don't think the Rams are looking all that much better, they have been terrible every single game in one way or another.

The more optimistic of us thought the game with the Jags was a lock. My statement was this; the Rams have displayed zero ability to win a close game (nary any game). The passing game is the worst I have personally seen in my life. The team's focus and attention to detail has been terrible (not a talent issue btw) coupled with mediocre playcalling. There was no reason to expect we could beat the Jags, and I was right. Not to mention it was obvious to me 5 minutes into the 3rd quarter that we were going to lose. We began the same spiral of events that accompanied each collapse this season. Our offense goes 3 and out and our defense gets tired and breaks down. Same old story.

If you prefer being an optimist, fine with me. I simply prefer to approach each game from a realistic point of view. That point of view right now is that the Rams are bottom line extremely bad and not improving much. Someone predicted (Im sure in jest) that the Rams were going to beat the Colts; my prediction is a complete Rams meltdown and the Colts taking mercy on the Rams by running the ball exclusively in the second half (being up by at least 30). Dwight Freeney is probably going to send Bulger to the hospital with cleat wounds on his face. Getting my drift?
    Last edited by swatter555; -10-19-2009 at 04:07 AM.

rampower is offline Registered User

I understand your frustrations Sam. I dont think there are many fair weather fans left in forums at this point, its just a lot of really upset fans venting their frustrations at the moment. We all have different tolerence levels and most are getting stretched. 10 times a game I will turn my internet feed off, tell myself I am no longer interested, vow to burn all my rams gear and give up football for good because these last few seasons are doing my health no good no my happiness. I vow the pain of continuous losing is so much worse than the occasional winning is good and I ask why I bother.

Then 15 seconds later I am back on my feed banging my head. Just cant help it.

I rarely vent these thoughts on the forum because, they are just an emotional outburst with no real foundation and by next sunday, I'll be back. I will always be back.

I cant blame those around for being upset too, nor will I critisize if some need a time out. This team has given very little in return for our faith the past 38 games. Nor will they be handing out medals or discount tickets to die hards when times come good again, we will have to fight for tickets with everyone else.

But for me not following the rams just isn't an option. Why I just dont know. Mind control techniques it must be.

Till next sunday
    The Breakfast Club. You want cheese with that?

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

I jest because I care.

ramstough39 is offline Registered User

Look, I don't want to see Jackson go, but the Rams have to make some changes. If not Jackson, then who's going? All of these Bulger apologists need to let go, too, as his tenure shouldn't last much longer considering the Rams need a new face at quarterback (fresh face; not some old hasbeen like Kyle Boller or Gus Frerotte) sometime over the next two years.

eldfan is offline Registered User

Yeah, let's trade our best player. That way, we can get a RB who runs like crap - because that's all that's left in free agency.
    I donít understand that line of thinking. Iím not sure where he wants to take the O but I believe it involves having SJ running the ball. The team will still have to undergo some major changes receivers, running back depth, continued depth and improvement of the O-lone in a QB for the future they can build around. Iím looking forward to see how they shape this team but it do need some O direction this O is as bad as I have seen any ram team.
    :ramlogo:

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Like Spags has said, these guys are hungry for a win and I feel bad for them. Things just aren't going their way, some of it is their fault, some of it are on the refs crappy calls. Regardless, I am upset with the losses but I'm never going to lose faith in this team. We may go 0-16, it's a possibility but I'll still be a fan no matter what happens, EVER.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

txramsfan is offline Registered User

What good is it to have Steven Jackson if you only give him 4 or so rushing attempts in the second half?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast