Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    eldfan is offline Registered User

Re: I am so tired of this.

What good is it to have Steven Jackson if you only give him 4 or so rushing attempts in the second half?
    True he has to be more involved in the rushing attack. You think Spags don't want to use him correctly in the rebuilding of the rams?

:ramlogo:

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by eldfan View Post
    True he has to be more involved in the rushing attack. You think Spags don't want to use him correctly in the rebuilding of the rams?
    Well, with the trade deadline Tuesday it's at least a conspiracy theory that Spags was holding Jackson so he doesn't get hurt.

eldfan is offline Registered User

Well Iím confused of what direction they want to go. If Spags wants to build an O around the run he has the best guy to do that so whatís the purpose of trading him? You would have to replace him with a pick I donít see a net gain.
    :ramlogo:

BEER is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by LA Rammer View Post
    a fair weather wouldn't be here. fact we are all here, even though at times gripe, shows we are patient and really behind our team. at this point i have nothing but respect for those of us still here despite the ugly.

i want to thank all here. keep heads up you are all true blue and gold.

prediction week 6: Rams 24 Indy 21

We are only 4 games out with 11 games to go (mathematically in)

GO RAMS!!!
    Very true.......... I post things I should not have some times, out of pure
    frustration. I hope u guys see past that stuff.

bigredman is offline Registered User

Well I don't agree with the premise of this thread's host post. While many of the gripes are nonsensical, there are plenty of legitimate complaints and suggestions regarding this team.

The defense is good. Would be even better if our offense would produce. To that end, plenty of legitimate griping can be directed at the decision to keep just three wide receivers going into this season (none of which were particularly big and durable types). Bad signings and pay structures that are handcuffing this team's flexibility under the cap is also a problem. The play calling on offense has been highly questionable due to what I believe were the bust hiring of Pat Shurmur as OC and Richard Curl as Asst. Head Coach and QB coach.

As to how best to proceed to rebuild this team, the suggestion of trading Jackson is not absurd. He is our only real asset that could bring substantial returns for the long term improvement overall as opposed to the short term dazzle mesmerizing those that drool after each gain he makes, rolling their eyes and exclaiming; how could we trade this guy? What good is Jackson doing us if we can't score and win games with him? (Of course I couch this argument on we receive compensation that favors the Rams) There are plenty of good running backs to be had either as free agents or in the draft. Look at Denver for crying out loud. They've made a success at getting obscure RB's and making them 1000 yard rushers for years.

Yes...we can look at the Rams in terms of a glass half full, but that doesn't mean I won't complain about the half that was spilled.
    Last edited by bigredman; -10-19-2009 at 08:07 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ahmedrams81 is offline Registered User

Dude, how can you blame us for being frusterated? Especially when we had that game in our hands. Just becuase we piss and moan does not mean we aren't die hard fans. When your team is on a 16 game losing streak, whining is a given with the fans lol.

bruce4life is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by la rammer View Post
    a fair weather wouldn't be here. Fact we are all here, even though at times gripe, shows we are patient and really behind our team. At this point i have nothing but respect for those of us still here despite the ugly.

I want to thank all here. Keep heads up you are all true blue and gold.

Prediction week 6: Rams 24 indy 21

we are only 4 games out with 11 games to go (mathematically in)

go rams!!! :d
    hey big homie put the crack pipe down if you think we have a shot at beating the horseman aka peyton manning. If we do not lose by more than 3 scores i'm happy... We made david garrard look like steve mcnair.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by LA Rammer View Post
    a fair weather wouldn't be here. fact we are all here, even though at times gripe, shows we are patient and really behind our team. at this point i have nothing but respect for those of us still here despite the ugly.

i want to thank all here. keep heads up you are all true blue and gold.

prediction week 6: Rams 24 Indy 21

We are only 4 games out with 11 games to go (mathematically in)

GO RAMS!!!
    How do you expect our offense to score 24 points against the Colt's defense?

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by bigredman View Post
    Well I don't agree with the premise of this thread's host post. While many of the gripes are nonsensical, there are plenty of legitimate complaints and suggestions regarding this team.

The defense is good. Would be even better if our offense would produce. To that end, plenty of legitimate griping can be directed at the decision to keep just three wide receivers going into this season (none of which were particularly big and durable types). Bad signings and pay structures that are handcuffing this team's flexibility. The play calling on offense has been highly questionable due to what I believe were the bust hiring of Pat Shurmur as OC and Richard Curl as Asst. Head Coach and QB coach.

As to how best to proceed to rebuild this team, the suggestion of trading Jackson is not absurd. He is our only real asset that could bring substantial returns for the long term improvement overall as opposed to the short term dazzle memorizing those that drool after each gain he makes, rolling their eyes and exclaiming; how could we trade this guy? What good is Jackson doing us if we can't score and win games with him? (Of course I couch this argument on we receive compensation that favors the Rams) There are plenty of good running backs to be had either as free agents or in the draft. Look at Denver for crying out loud. They've made a success at getting obscure RB's and making them 1000 yard rushers for years.

Yes...we can look at the Rams in terms of a glass half full, but that doesn't mean I won't complain about the half that was spilled.

BigRed, I agree 100% with your assessment. There is optimism, pessimism and realism. I have always been a realist and called things as I saw them. No one wants to hear someone who is always negative, but equally annoying to me is someone trying to tell me "everything is ok" or "the effort is there" in the throes of a 16 game losing streak. Losses are losses- and I would expect millionaire athletes to put forth maximum effort regardless of the situation. Truth be told, there have been improvements in certain areas, but then the next week we take steps backwards. Guys who play respectably one week suck the next. We should have two wins this year, but can't find a way to finish. It is extremely discouraging, and all the positive vibes in the world doesn't make it any easier to swallow.

There are a lot of positives on defense (Laurinitis, esp.) but an equal # of negatives, be they a lack of consistent pressure on the QB or guys like Bartell leaving their jockstraps on the field after being torched by a receiver all game.

The coaches have disappointed me- the biggest gripe is after hanging with teams for a half or so, we don't do anything in the 2nd half. Football is a game of adjustments, and if you can't make them, you have zero shot at winning. Our offensive output in the 2nd half of a lot of these contests is embarrassing. Running Jackson 5 times in the 2nd half of a winnable game is as bad as it gets. I'll buy Spagnuolo's explanation of thinking 7 seconds wasn't enough time to get one more play in before the end of the game, but can you explain to me why one time out was left on the table?? How about using it with 15 seconds left to chart two plays that might get you a win?

And speaking of Jackson, I don't want to see him traded, but if he returns huge compensation, I'm 100% in favor of it. We're going nowhere- and everyone recognizes we are more than just one or two players away. We need to stockpile draft picks and then use them wisely. Trading Jackson can achieve this- if the right deal presents itself.

RamOfDenmark is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFanSam View Post
    Every game this season, the Rams have looked a little bit better. Our offense looked the best it has all year, Bulger led a two-minute offense that was reminiscent of days past, Amendola is giving our return game something it has been missing for years, and our defense is stepping it up, somewhat inconsistently, but still better than it has in the past two seasons.

We went into Jacksonville today with a desire to come out with a win. It came down to the last 7 seconds before we ended up going for a tie instead of a win. Spags played it safe for a chance to win instead of gambling and possibly losing. The decision to go for three may have been the wrong one (remember Carolina in the playoffs a few years ago?) but it gave our guys something they haven't had in a long time - hope.

So what am I tired of? I'm tired of the fans who are too busy whining about Bulger (who did a great job today), fans who are complaining about our defense (who actually did a decent job) to notice that we are getting better.

Yeah, let's trade our best player. That way, we can get a RB who runs like crap - because that's all that's left in free agency. Let's bench our QB - the one who knows the plays and is really showing that he can execute once again. That way, we can start someone who can't be consistent at throwing either completions or interceptions. Let's trash the whole team - after all, it's only been six weeks, and if they haven't won us a super bowl by now, they never will.

I'm not looking at the team through rose colored glasses. I'm being realistic. The Rams are bad - no doubt about it. But the Rams of week six are far better than the Rams of week one. I didn't expect a quick turnaround. Even Spags said it will take time. Anyone who thought we'd be an NFL powerhouse by now should at least try to be realistic.

Most of us on here thought we should have won today. I'm one of them. Anyone who is whining about the effort put forth by anyone on the team today needs to watch the game again, because the game I watched showed a Rams team that fought hard for a win. Had we won the coin toss in OT...we would have had that elusive "W".

For those of you who think whining about things will make you a good fan, or will change the team, I've got news for you.

It makes you look like a fair-weather fan, and the team isn't going to change the road they are on just because you think you know the way to go.
    I agree with everything you said about football. We're playing hard. We're slowly improving (clearly on defense, arguably a little bit on offense as well). We could just as well have won against the Jaguars (a coin-flip away). It will take time to build up a winning team. We should be patient considering our situation etc.

All good points.

I just don't know what the point is in criticizing the fans though - but it seems very popular these days. We've had numerous threads like this one calling out one or the other group of fans and they're usually met with great applause. I guess it's some sort of tribal "us vs. them" thing. Maybe it will go out of fashion once we start winning again. One can hope.

I have to add that talking about "fair-weather fans" seems absurd given how long it is since we had a winning season. I hope we will soon be able to talk about fair-weather fans on this board because that would mean we're winning again. But right now I don't think anybody here could be called a "fair-weather fan".

makersncoke is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    BigRed, I agree 100% with your assessment. There is optimism, pessimism and realism. I have always been a realist and called things as I saw them. No one wants to hear someone who is always negative, but equally annoying to me is someone trying to tell me "everything is ok" or "the effort is there" in the throes of a 16 game losing streak. Losses are losses- and I would expect millionaire athletes to put forth maximum effort regardless of the situation. Truth be told, there have been improvements in certain areas, but then the next week we take steps backwards. Guys who play respectably one week suck the next. We should have two wins this year, but can't find a way to finish. It is extremely discouraging, and all the positive vibes in the world doesn't make it any easier to swallow.

There are a lot of positives on defense (Laurinitis, esp.) but an equal # of negatives, be they a lack of consistent pressure on the QB or guys like Bartell leaving their jockstraps on the field after being torched by a receiver all game.

The coaches have disappointed me- the biggest gripe is after hanging with teams for a half or so, we don't do anything in the 2nd half. Football is a game of adjustments, and if you can't make them, you have zero shot at winning. Our offensive output in the 2nd half of a lot of these contests is embarrassing. Running Jackson 5 times in the 2nd half of a winnable game is as bad as it gets. I'll buy Spagnuolo's explanation of thinking 7 seconds wasn't enough time to get one more play in before the end of the game, but can you explain to me why one time out was left on the table?? How about using it with 15 seconds left to chart two plays that might get you a win?

And speaking of Jackson, I don't want to see him traded, but if he returns huge compensation, I'm 100% in favor of it. We're going nowhere- and everyone recognizes we are more than just one or two players away. We need to stockpile draft picks and then use them wisely. Trading Jackson can achieve this- if the right deal presents itself.
    I agree with both of you 100%. My measure of this team is in the offseason, what type of moves did they make to improve themselves. IMO they went backwards this year, when you let the likes of Pace and Holt go you are hard pressed to replace these players with players of comparable skills. We didn't and it shows. I'm not saying that the Rams troubles are because we let 2 Pro bowl players leave, but when you don't replace talent with talent then your taking a step backwards. I truely don't think this team is as good as it was last year from a talent perspective, from an attitude perspective they are leaps and bounds better but attitude won't always help you win.

I also wouldn't want them to trade Jackson but if it helps the team by getting a couple of 1st round picks in the future then I'm all for it. This team needs help and alot of it. I'll be there next Sun, getting mad at the tv and yelling obsecenties while my kids look at me like I'm nuts cause I just can't stop watching the Rams, no matter how bad they suck.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12