• 1 Post By Sauceman
  • 2 Post By NJ Ramsfan1
  • 1 Post By Rambos
  • 2 Post By MauiRam
  • 1 Post By RebelYell

Thread: I am so tired of the inconsistency

GroundChuck is offline Registered User

I am so tired of the inconsistency

I know it is a young team but the stupid penalties, the dropped passes are really wearing thin. Jeff Fisher is supposed to be a top notch head coach and I see the same mistakes happening week after week. The Rams basically wilt against good teams and it is a pattern that is not looking good.
    live4ramin and Vinnie25 like this.

Sauceman is offline Registered User

Re: I am so tired of the inconsistency

The Colts are a good team. The Bears are a (pretty) good team. You don't just get to win every game. Would you rather be consistently bad, because being consistently good in the NFL takes work.
    hawaiianpunch likes this.

TNRamFan23 is offline Registered User

You know, sometimes things just don't go your way!

The Texans are one of the best teams in football but have a 2-10 record. I mean, they have the #1 ranked defense, but they've had a lot of stupid penalties and have lost 8 games by less than 7 points.

The Rams are a better team than they were two years ago, after the upcoming draft/free agency, if the Rams are still terrible, than heads need to roll, but you have to have patience, this was truly one of the most incompetent teams in football and it takes more than a season or two to rebuild (unless you're KC. )

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

The Whiners did not win this game.

The Rams handed it to them on a silver platter.

Bad, undisciplined, stupid penalties. (again)

Poor decisions from Fisher. Going for a fake punt inside your own 20 yard line late in the game with the game still in the balance? Really? Once they lined up and saw the defense, there was NOTHING to suggest that the play had any chance of succeeding. Call a time out and regroup for crying out loud.

Absolutely abysmal pass catching by the Rams. I can remember at least 6 catches that have to be made in that game. This is what separates the good teams from the Rams, and until they make those catches, and stop giving up the punk-a%% penalties, they will dwell in the cellar. It wasn't Clemons, it was the receivers. Clemons is a back up, and he missed some throws, but this game was on the receivers.

....oh, and BTW. The Texans are not one of the best teams in the NFL.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

TNRamFan23 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    Yeah, they are. Their record just doesn't show it.

8 games decided by less than a touchdown.
    Pro Bowl QB who's thrown for 4,000 yards 3 of the last 4 years lost his mind and turned into a pick machine.
    Rookie kicker's missed 9 kicks
    Pro Bowl RB Arian Foster injured
    LB Brian Cushing injured
    RB Ben Tate playing with fractured ribs
    #1 ranked Defense

They're likely the most talented 2-10 team in NFL history.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TNRamFan23 View Post
    Yeah, they are. Their record just doesn't show it.

8 games decided by less than a touchdown.
    Pro Bowl QB who's thrown for 4,000 yards 3 of the last 4 years lost his mind and turned into a pick machine.
    Rookie kicker's missed 9 kicks
    Pro Bowl RB Arian Foster injured
    LB Brian Cushing injured
    RB Ben Tate playing with fractured ribs
    #1 ranked Defense

They're likely the most talented 2-10 team in NFL history.
    2-10. There isn't any other stat that matters. Really.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

citr92 is offline Registered User

i don't get the pointing the finger only at fisher

obviously some position coaches aren't getting it done either

pretty obviously, the wide receiver coach...

was it on here i read that people that watched practice only saw the receivers go like half speed if that catching passes and never full speed? Cause that will not improve a wide receivers' ability to catch the ball...

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Bill Parcells once said "You are what your record says you are". In our case, the phrase fits. We're 5-7- certainly not a terrible team but not a real good team either. We have the capability of beating decent teams but also have a ways to go before we're regarded as a legitimate playoff contender. Our record is a pretty accurate indicator of where we are right now as a football team.

"Inconsistent" is as good a word as any to describe us. This is the byproduct of youth, inexperience, and the loss of our starting QB. One thing is certain in my mind: the reasons for failure and inconsistency this year (specifically being a young team) will not be acceptable next year. There comes a time when you've got to put the big-boy pants on and play like a bona fide professional. Improvement must be shown over what will more than likely be another losing record this season.
    ram3057 and VegasRam like this.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Fisher definitely needs to put a stop to all the stupid penalties. However he's not on the field so the dropped passes are on the individual players. Givens had a bad bad game yesterday.

Rambos is offline Registered User

When you look at the records of all the 32 teams, I bet a lot teams are saying the same thing. Then there are teams the are consistently bad.

I think the Rams come out with consistent effort and passion. They just don't execute week in and week out.
    NJ Ramsfan1 likes this.

VegasRam is offline Ram MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    The Whiners did not win this game.

The Rams handed it to them on a silver platter.

Bad, undisciplined, stupid penalties. (again)

Poor decisions from Fisher. Going for a fake punt inside your own 20 yard line late in the game with the game still in the balance? Really? Once they lined up and saw the defense, there was NOTHING to suggest that the play had any chance of succeeding. Call a time out and regroup for crying out loud.

Absolutely abysmal pass catching by the Rams. I can remember at least 6 catches that have to be made in that game. This is what separates the good teams from the Rams, and until they make those catches, and stop giving up the punk-a%% penalties, they will dwell in the cellar. It wasn't Clemons, it was the receivers. Clemons is a back up, and he missed some throws, but this game was on the receivers.

Disagree. ***** are way better than the Rams. Two personal foul penalties weren't.
    If Jenkins doesn't grab Boldin's jersey, it's a TD. And Boldin pushed off all day - Bailey gets called. Agree about the dropped balls and the fake punt.
    "the Heart Lies and the Head Plays Tricks with us, but the Eyes See True".

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by GroundChuck View Post
    I know it is a young team but the stupid penalties, the dropped passes are really wearing thin. Jeff Fisher is supposed to be a top notch head coach and I see the same mistakes happening week after week.
    How quickly we forget: Until Stan came on board, the Rams drafted horribly overall the last decade. Our FA signings underwhelmed to boot. Fisher is trying to BUILD a team the right way - i.e. with young talented players via the draft and a few talented undrafted guys sprinkled in each year, and then coach em up.

We are beginning to acquire some talent, that talent has to go through the growing pains of learning how to transpose those talents into performing well at the NFL level. After that, we need to acquire talented depth throughout the roster. If you have a magic wand, feel free to offer it to Fisher - I'm sure he'd accept ..

Quote Originally Posted by GroundChuck View Post
    The Rams basically wilt against good teams and it is a pattern that is not looking good.
    Wilt? How about when we play better teams who have superior talent and experience across the board, we still come up short. There are two of those teams in our own division, making it doubly hard for us to achieve the playoffs. We are not there yet talent wise, but we will be. 2015 is probably the year.

This post can be viewed as "just more excuses" or as reality. The reality is the Rams have been bereft of talent for at least a decade. The front office was a mess, and our owner was 106 and out of touch. We all are impatient. We all hate losing. Is pleasure not the child of pain? Just think how sweet it's gonna be when we have assembled the pieces and things start to go our way ..
    Fargo Ram Fan and rammiser like this.

RebelYell is offline Registered User

Per this board:
    Last week we had elite talent.
    This week it's all scrubs again.

Consistency?
    rammiser likes this.

live4ramin is offline Registered User

These new players have played the game for most of their lives. They've somehow gotten through the college level to here. They know the rules of the game and have played and acquired experience against equivalent talent. It's like they're drunkards on roller skates. How could they not know the basic fundamentals of the game? Are the coaches teaching chippy play to toughen them up or to cover up some deficiency? It's not working.
    Prepare to be amazed.