AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

I, AvengerRam, GUARANTEE the Rams will beat the Chiefs!

I have been a Rams fan for nearly 30 years. In that span of time, I have never guaranteed a Ram victory in any week. I've predicted wins, I've expressed stong opinions about certain games, but I've never guaranteed a victory.

I guarantee the Rams will win this week against Kansas City.

Of course, the obvious question is - why now? Why do I guarantee this game will be a win?

Let's start with the objective reasons. This is a good matchup for the Rams. Look at these factors:

1. While Larry Johnson is a dangerous back, the Chiefs have not been as successful running the ball as you might think. On the year, they have averaged 3.5 yards per carry.

2. There is a huge disparity between how the Chiefs play at home and how they play on the road. In four home games this year, they have averaged 29 points per game. In three road games, they have averaged 12 points per game.

3. The Rams have a similar home vs. away disparity. In three home games, the Rams have averaged 29 points per game. In four road games, they have averaged 19 points per game.

4. The Chiefs do fumble the ball: 16 fumbles, 10 lost in seven games.

5. The Chiefs don't have a killer pass rush: 15 sacks in seven games.

Now, for the subjective reasons:

The Rams really need this game, both from the standpoint of keeping in the playoff race and for the sake of avoiding a three game losing streak before having to go to Seattle to play the Hawks. The defense is going to have a major chip on its shoulder and I believe the crowd will get behind them like they did on opening day.

And so, the Rams will win this game. I guarantee it.

The score?

Rams 34
    Chiefs 20

(that part isn't a guarantee, by the way - just the win!)
    Last edited by AvengerRam; -10-30-2006 at 12:38 PM.

general counsel is offline Registered User

Re: I, AvengerRam, GUARANTEE the Rams will beat the Chiefs!

Av, given your noted talent for seeing the future, i am going to take this bold namath like guarantee as a great sign. I think we are going to win also, and i actually think we are going to do so without a heart attack finish for a change.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Av I'm very happy to read about the Guarantee. Is there anything on line if this Guarantee doesn't come to fruition?

By the way I hope you're right on this game.:r

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

If I'm wrong, I'll show my shame in my sig.

bela is offline Registered User

Hey Rams fansÖ

I think the Rams can beat KC, but you guys are going to need to score a bunch of points. KCís offense is a horrible match-up for the Rams D (as bad or worse than SD).

The Seahawks have been very good against the run (held Jackson to 56). But yesterday, LJ torched us for 155 yards on 39 carries. And whenever we tried to bring guys up to help, they burned us with play action to Gonzales (6 catches, 116 yards).

Gonzales is playing like he did 5-years ago. We had nobody that could cover him. We tried keeping a LB underneath and a safety over the top, and we tried putting J. Peterson on him 1-on-1. It's a nasty one-two punch, and we simply had no answer.

Given the Rams problems stopping the run, I donít think theyíll have an answer either. LJ doesnít slash like LT, he just pounds you play after play after play. Neither of our teams are strong against that.

I think you guys can win, especially since the game is at the EJD, but youíll likely need to score 30+ to do it (which I believe you can do, with Seneca under center we put 28 on Ďem in KC).

As to who wins it Iím not sure, but Iíll take the over in this one.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Oh yeah we will have our hands full vs KC. Playing at the Dome is key for this one. The Rams can score we all know that.

What's the over....80 ?