RamWraith is offline Registered User

I can see what is wrong now!!

After much silence from a broken heart, I have decided to come out of hibernation.

I am pretty embarrassed for this team. Never have I felt the way I do. I can not explain it. It is an empty feeling. A feeling of betrayal. Anyone else understand or have this feeling of bliss??

Anyway, after watching this game and and re-watching a couple of others from the year and last year, I think I have put my finger on what is wrong with the team. Particularly the offense. We can not handle the blitz from any angle. We play pretty good football mono -e- mono. But throw a couple extra rushers at us we fold. Our line is lost and does not block correct assignments. Our backs take wrong angles or get blown up and our quarterback gets the deer in the headlight look and makes crucial mistakes.

I still am not sure where the break down is, but I have a strange feeling it is coming right in the middle from the center. He is responsible to make the adjustments along the line and call out assignments. I am not sure it is getting done. The right side stands out as the weak point. Cogs and Leckey can not man the middle in passing situations and Barron is plain dumb.

Our line sucks. Not just one but all of them including Pace. Besides being poor blockers they have no heart, and take no responsibility for the failures of this team. You want to start winning. Replace them all.

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Re: I can see what is wrong now!!

Quote Originally Posted by RamWraith View Post
    After much silence from a broken heart, I have decided to come out of hibernation.

I am pretty embarrassed for this team. Never have I felt the way I do. I can not explain it. It is an empty feeling. A feeling of betrayal. Anyone else understand or have this feeling of bliss??

Anyway, after watching this game and and re-watching a couple of others from the year and last year, I think I have put my finger on what is wrong with the team. Particularly the offense. We can not handle the blitz from any angle. We play pretty good football mono -e- mono. But throw a couple extra rushers at us we fold. Our line is lost and does not block correct assignments. Our backs take wrong angles or get blown up and our quarterback gets the deer in the headlight look and makes crucial mistakes.

I still am not sure where the break down is, but I have a strange feeling it is coming right in the middle from the center. He is responsible to make the adjustments along the line and call out assignments. I am not sure it is getting done. The right side stands out as the weak point. Cogs and Leckey can not man the middle in passing situations and Barron is plain dumb.

Our line sucks. Not just one but all of them including Pace. Besides being poor blockers they have no heart, and take no responsibility for the failures of this team. You want to start winning. Replace them all.
    I agree that alot of this is the problem and we do struggle picking up all kinds of blitzes, but Bulger had enough time to throw today. NO EXCUSES .....

denverram is offline Registered User

Wraith,

I respect your opinions and love your work. But come on you just figured this out?!!!

I live in Denver and do not get to see many games but It is obvious that the line sucks. It is not just the blitz that gets us, our 5 guys are dominted weekly by either 3 or 4 man rushes.

This entire team has quit effective about the second qtr of the 1st game. It is rare that a team gets to get 2 coaches fired in 1 season. This team has quit on Linehan and Haslett. They are beyond contempt

He had plenty of time once they were up 35 to 3. They called off the dogs and went straight up and our offense moved the ball. The mistakes were made coming off the blitz when we turned it over and panicked from the rush.

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    I agree that alot of this is the problem and we do struggle picking up all kinds of blitzes, but Bulger had enough time to throw today. NO EXCUSES .....

You know...

Maybe I should say "I can finally admit what is wrong". I thought two or three of the lineman could be reworked and were salvageable. But, I don't think any of them are NFL material. They all need to go.

Quote Originally Posted by denverram View Post
    Wraith,

I respect your opinions and love your work. But come on you just figured this out?!!!

I live in Denver and do not get to see many games but It is obvious that the line sucks. It is not just the blitz that gets us, our 5 guys are dominted weekly by either 3 or 4 man rushes.

This entire team has quit effective about the second qtr of the 1st game. It is rare that a team gets to get 2 coaches fired in 1 season. This team has quit on Linehan and Haslett. They are beyond contempt

ManofGod is online now Registered User

Wraith sorry to see you return to us this way, but I'd love to hear your assessment of the D....well I can't even call them a defense, I'll call them the other side of the ball.

BEER is offline Registered User

We need football people in the organization. Sell the team Chip!

Mooselini is offline Registered User

It doesn't get any better. Our fullback can't protect against the blitz and neither can our starting running back.

blood85 is offline Registered User

The O line sucks? So what else is new. So does our linebacking corps, D line, coaches, owners, etc....It's starts at the top.

btimsah Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RamWraith View Post

How about this? Bulger does not get the ball out fast enough to the open receiver to punish defenses for blitzing him? So now every team knows how to get in his head.