Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

I challenge every naysayer Ram fan to a fight!

Sorry, I must have been influenced by the same medula oblongata catalyst that Samir Suleiman and Kevin Slaten have been exposed to recently.

Does this challenge make me a tough guy? Not at all. In fact, the reason I can make this challenge (assuming I was serious) is that there isn't a Ram fan out there who thinks of him or herself as a naysayer.

They're all "realists," here to temper the enthusiasm of the Pollyanna optimists like myself.

They'll tell us how the rookie inactives in game 2 prove that the Rams had a bad draft...

They'll tell us that the offense is not only playing badly, but won't improve any time soon...

They'll continue to bash Mike Martz for not running Steven Jackson enough, taking early timeouts, and an array of other things...

But they're not naysayers.

They're just realists.

So I have nothing to fear.

There's nobody out there who will consider my challenge to be directed at them.

Scidog68 is offline Registered User

Talking Re: I challenge every naysayer Ram fan to a fight!

I, too, am a Pollyanna optimist, so we shall face the beat-down together.

Remember, the glass is half full.

Hooah

Win, Lose or Draw... Rams for Life!
    :football:

LaRamsFanLongTime is offline Registered User

Re: I challenge every naysayer Ram fan to a fight!

Oh so now Im a nobody huh? I will @$#^%#^% then when Im done u will get a #@%$#$*&%*&%*&(^%%$$^#$#%$#%$#. I have not had to kick a lawyers butt since my murder trial.
    LET'S GO DODGERS

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

Hell AV, I haven't be in a fight in a long time. I'd be willing to scrap.:mask:
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

Looks like I'll have to stay out of California for a while! :O

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

Looks like I'll have to stay out of California for a while!
    It's the high gas prices.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

You know, this is turning into a violent thread.

I blame the media.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam
    You know, this is turning into a violent thread.

I blame the media.
    It's because George W. Bush doesn't care about black people...................at least that's what Kanye told me.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

coy bacon is offline Registered User

Someone's bored in Florida.

That's true.

You'd think that Jeb Bush would find something to fill his time.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Does this challenge make me a tough guy? Not at all. In fact, the reason I can make this challenge (assuming I was serious) is that there isn't a Ram fan out there who thinks of him or herself as a naysayer.

They're all "realists," here to temper the enthusiasm of the Pollyanna optimists like myself.

They'll tell us how the rookie inactives in game 2 prove that the Rams had a bad draft...

They'll tell us that the offense is not only playing badly, but won't improve any time soon...

They'll continue to bash Mike Martz for not running Steven Jackson enough, taking early timeouts, and an array of other things...

But they're not naysayers.

They're just realists.

So I have nothing to fear.

Alright Pollyanna, I am in the mood to challenge. Not because I consider myself a naysayer, and not because I am a realist, but just because a good football discussion is interesting. I am a student of the game of football, but I certainly don't know the finer technical points. You all lose me all the time with cover 2, cover 3, nickel, dime, quarter, penny...blah...blah..blah..blah 3-4....4-3....7 in the box....blah...blah...blah....my brain is spinning out of control.

But certainly you must admit that the Rams are not scoring points, not enough points against the teams that we have played. Come on...Look at the *****. They looked decent against us and then they completely disintegrated against the Eagles. The Cards look like crap in week one and then played us closely. Why is our offense incapable of scoring big on these teams? Why do we fail in the red zone? The offense has not looked good against two bad teams. Do you really want to see what we will look like against a good defense?

Our defense is stopping the run and were able to keep the cards out of the end zone, but both the ***** and the cards were able to pass against our secondary all day long. Warner put up lots of yards. A good defense would be handing out more 3 and outs. We are playing soft and forgiving against the pass and many teams will be happy to see that.

Like I said, I am not a naysayer and lots of times I just like to voice my concerns, because I can. I like to expect the worst and hope for the best. It usually falls someone in between the two extremes.

So anyway, why don't you tell me how the offense will improve, score more points, and become more effective in the red zone, and tell me how the defense is going to stop the passing game while they are playing soft coverage.
    How is that for a challenge Pollyanna?:mask:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The Rams offense racked up over 400 yards against the Whiners. The Red Zone troubles were problematic, but the team still scored 25 points.

In Week 2, they played a quality defense on the road in tough weather conditions.

Let's see how they do at home, where they've typically been more effective, before we pass judgment, shall we?

As for the soft coverage, I agree to a point. I think that as Groce gets more experience and Ivy settles in as the nickel back, Marmie might get more liberal with the blitz packages, which have been somewhat successful to date in limited use.

STLRAMSFAN Guest

Man I love a good argument but I cant jump in on these topics because I am with you.
    However I don't believe anyone can honestly say we played remotely close to good as a team the first two games.
    Last edited by STLRAMSFAN; -09-22-2005 at 12:43 AM.

The Rams offense racked up over 400 yards against the Whiners. The Red Zone troubles were problematic, but the team still scored 25 points.
    Yes they are gaining yards, and they played catch up with the points in the 49er game and all most got there. If the offense is good enough in your mind, then the defense has to improve and stop the opponent's ability to score.

Let's see how they do at home, where they've typically been more effective, before we pass judgment, shall we?
    I am not passing any judgment on the team. You sent out the challenge. I am just running my mouth. We are always going to do better at home. Away games are the bigger challenge.

As for the soft coverage, I agree to a point. I think that as Groce gets more experience and Ivy settles in as the nickel back, Marmie might get more liberal with the blitz packages, which have been somewhat successful to date in limited use.
    Blitzing may help, but do you think our secondary can play the ball as well as others if they come out of soft coverage? Do they have the skills to be disruptive and break up passes, or intercept balls? I wish Aeneas was still around. I think these guys could use his guidance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by STLRAMSFAN
    Man I love a good argument but I cant jump in on these topics because I am with you.
    However I don't believe anyone can honestly say we played remotely close to good as a team the first two games.
    You can expand beyond the typical naysayer comments. Certainly you must see some weaknesses this season.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast