Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Re: I do not get all the panic?

Quote Originally Posted by Ben56 View Post
    Anyone who cares about the score or the W-L in preseason is worried about nothing. However, anyone who doesnt worry about the play of the D or the lack of defensive depth shown by the 340 rushing yds is missing what preseason is about. Talent evaluation is a big part of why they play the preseason and based on that Defensive performance I'd say we have a lack of Defensive talent or at least depth.
    Bingo, we have a winner.

It's not the wins and loses in preseason that concerns me and most others, it's the manner in which we play in those games. In game number one, we played like crap. If we play in game two like we did in game one, I think its time to at least be a little concerned, don't you?

Let's just say that the Rams (somehow) won that first game, while still giving up those 340 yards. I seriously doubt many on this board would been saying that the Rams looked great just because we won the game. Most everyone agrees that the final score is of NO consequence. But we'd be awfully myopic to not notice the 340 yards given up on the ground. If the Rams play great next week, and keep the opposition in check on the ground (we should, given that LT is not playing) and in the air, I'll be happier then a pig-in-***. I don't care if we lose, I just want to see some improvement on the defense.

Dominating D is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fargo Ram Fan View Post
    The "panic"?? Lets see...the better part of the last 3 years as LEAGUE DOORMAT, ONE NFL TEAM was worse last year, THE focal point of the offense looks prepared to sit out the season and a BEAT DOWN out of the gate this pre-season. Youre right...I dont get it either.
    Injuries in key positions had nothing to do with the Rams struggle. Maybe just getting these guys in shape without injuries will give them at least some hope to have a succesfull season.

GO RAMS

theodus69 is offline Registered User

No panic here. Beers still taste @ good 0-16 as the do @ 16-0.JackASSon can sit out all year for all I care. You got a year finish it!
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

YodaRam Guest

Quote Originally Posted by theodus69 View Post
    No panic here. Beers still taste @ good 0-16 as the do @ 16-0.JackASSon can sit out all year for all I care. You got a year finish it!
    I think Jackson is going to "finish it" at his home. I believe that the Rams may be better off without him in the long run.

RAM ON!

BM_Face is offline Registered User

This was the first 'live' game with Saunders at the helm. We did not have all of our best position players on the field. Our pre-season will consist of this team getting familiar with many new elements, and evaluating some important talent. The pre-season matters, but the win/loss records are largely ignored by players and coaches.

My main concern was with missed tackles all over the field. Hopefully, the defense now has the rust knocked off and will wrap up some ball carriers this week. GoRams!
    A defeated look of consternation, dissappointment, or even pain. The name derives from the look one often gets when challenged by a large BM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12