Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

I don't care if Chip Rosenbloom sells the team or not, but...

I've read a lot of posts calling for Chip Rosenbloom to sell the team. My question is, why?

Since Chip Rosenbloom took over, he has hired Bill Devaney, who I think shows promise, and fired Scott Line#%4, who did not. He demonstrated that he was willing to pay for FAs (Brown, Bell), and apparently did not interfere in the selction of draft choices.

Where's the problem here? As long as he puts the team in good hands, signs the checks, and stays out of it otherwise, what makes him a bad owner?

That said, I do think that Chip needs to publically state what his long term intentions are. If he wants to sell the team, do it quickly. If not, let the world know he is here to stay. Otherwise, coaches and FAs might be weary of joining a team perceived to be in flux.

That's my opinion, and I'm sticking to it.

VegasRam is online now Ram MVP

Re: I don't care if Chip Rosenbloom sells the team or not, but...

If that were my opinion, I'd stick to it too.

Mind if i borrow it?

I think Chip's main problem is coming up with the $100-$200M in inheritence taxes he needs to pay to keep the team.
    "the Heart Lies and the Head Plays Tricks with us, but the Eyes See True".

eric2810 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    He demonstrated that he was willing to pay for FAs (Brown, Bell), and apparently did not interfere in the selction of draft choices.
    Your right that it looks like he didn't interefere, but I think he didn't because he wouldn't even know what to do. Even so, I'd rather have this owner than the Jerry Jone's type, because that team is full of drama, some of it because of the him. Also, Chip has shown a sign that he can pay big bucks, but so far it doesn't look some of those players should be earning that much. I think the problem is some fans would like to see more free agent aqcuisitions and more coaching changes, but it probably won't happen. That can be why some want him out.

KoaKoi is offline Registered User

I'm with you AV and Vegas...

i think talk of selling the team only came up as a possible way to handle the estate tax. Whenever he talks, it seems like Chip wants to keep the team, but to do so, it means he and his sister would have to take a major financial hit... that's my guess as to why he and Lucia leaked that they're taking offers, but aren't necessarily proactively shopping the team.

its too bad they've straddled the fence and haven't legitimately offered the Rams for sale, but at least it seems like they're doing the right things in the meantime, (ie. hiring Devaney and holding (or appearing to hold) people in the organization accountable. Personally, I loved hearing that Chip told Ziggy and Shaw that getting the Rams back on track was a priority and that if necessary, changes would be made in order to make that happen. ahhhh, sweet music to my ears.

bigredman is offline Registered User

I'm going to be honest with you. I can't stand the fact that our owner is named "Chip". I'm sorry, but it's the truth. Secondly, if his old man was still alive to advise him, I would feel better, but who does he turn to? That's right, the guys currently in the front office now. Third, it is obvious that the city they are in now will not support the team or build a new stadium to keep it competitive. Think Chip and Buffy are going to move the team against mommy's hometown interest and memory? We don't need an owner that sits in the background right now. Bold moves have to be made if we are to get anywhere in the near future, and he has to start making noise now.
    Last edited by bigredman; -11-26-2008 at 09:12 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by bigredman View Post
    I'm going to be honest with you. I can't stand the fact that our owner is named "Chip". I'm sorry, but it's the truth.
    I was wondering BRM is that his real name or a nickname? Just askin'....

WHAT SAY YE?

Oh man...if he chose that as a nickname...I'm really going to hate him!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by bigredman View Post
    Oh man...if he chose that as a nickname...I'm really going to hate him!
    You mean more than you already do? Seriously though most nicknames are hung on people usually without the owners consent so I doubt we can blame the "Chipster" for this one. Man, I just can't perceive of a guy of Carroll Rosenbloom's stature naming his Bachor (First Born) "Chip." Oh well, it's a strange world.

WHAT SAY YE?

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

I've read a lot of posts calling for Chip Rosenbloom to sell the team. My question is, why?

Since Chip Rosenbloom took over, he has hired Bill Devaney, who I think shows promise, and fired Scott Line#%4, who did not. He demonstrated that he was willing to pay for FA's (Brown, Bell), and apparently did not interfere in the selection of draft choices.

Where's the problem here? As long as he puts the team in good hands, signs the checks, and stays out of it otherwise, what makes him a bad owner?

That said, I do think that Chip needs to publically state what his long term intentions are. If he wants to sell the team, do it quickly. If not, let the world know he is here to stay. Otherwise, coaches and FAs might be weary of joining a team perceived to be in flux.

That's my opinion, and I'm sticking to it.
    I agree with the moves he has made with Bill Devaney and firing Linny, but what I totally disagree with is his loyalty to Shaw and Zygmunt. He was raised with these guys and knows that his mother liked them so that is his point of reference. But if you go back to all of the decisions these two have made, be it for draft choices or free agents, then you can see why we're where were at today. So for that I mostly don't support him at this point.

The other item is the fact he is totally against selling this team to someone that will move them. He is still resentful over the way his mother was treated in LA, but I get the feeling that will continue in St. Louis if he can't find a way to turn the team around, which I don't think he is capable of doing. So the vicious cycle continues. What would have been right years ago would have been to keep his half-brother Steve Rosenbloom with the team and allowed him to run it. but alas, we know that story.

So to end the pain and suffering of all Rams fans, I recommend he sells the team to someone who can run it like it should be, or go all in. But, he has said in an interview already though he wants to sell, SO DO IT!
    "The disappointment of losing is huge!"

Jack Youngblood

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Chip must be given the benefit of the doubt for right now. His mother passed away and the Rams were thrust upon him. It is undoubtedly a monumental task to effectively run a major sports franchise. He has said the right things and has shown a willingness to make the tough decision (firing Linehan). What remains to be seen is whether or not he will be consistently proactive in trying to turn things around, and whether or not he will make the right hires for the front office. Since he is inexperienced in running an NFL team, it is crucial he surround himself with good people.

Whether he is sincere about not wanting to sell the team is anybody's guess. He certainly isn't going to come out and publicly say he's open to moving out of St. Louis- whether he wants to or not. There is also the inheritance tax to contend with.

The bottom line is that I don't care if Chuckles the Clown owns the team, as long as he's committed to winning and is single minded in putting a great product on the field. If Chip is willing to do that, I support him 100%. If he has reservations, he must be honest with himself and to us fans at the end of the season and put the team in capable hands.

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    The bottom line is that I don't care if Chuckles the Clown owns the team, as long as he's committed to winning and is single minded in putting a great product on the field.
    Just give me the chance..........
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

BigRedman-

Great picture!! Nobody would mess with this dude, for sure!!

NY RAMFAN is offline Registered User

Where's the problem here? .
    Don't disagree, but the problem is:
    W/L 2-9
    Offensive rank #29
    Deffensive rank #30
    Net points -197 (the closest one is the Lions with -153)

I think this is a problem.

blood85 is offline Registered User

A major problem at that, NYRAM fan. He needs to sell the team now!!! Is he really serious about building a winner?? OR just there to make some execs happy??? What he needs to do is muster up some "intesitnal fortitude" and get on with the program: SELL THE TEAM IF YOU ARE NOT SERIOUS ABOUT WINNING,CHIPPY. I mean, THAT IS the point, right, winning? It's not like we've made tremendous progress...I can't remember the last time we had a winning season. These can once again be,The MIGHTY RAMS, not the freaking lions , raiders, chiefs or *****. I expect those teams to be LOSERS. But, us , the RAMS, the team, who at the begining of the millenium was in the talks for, "dynasty" , greatest show on turf, Marshall, Marshall, Marshall, you get the picture!!! Come on, man. I still want my team to move, back to LA. Will it happen??Who, the heck knows. I never thought the Anaheim ducks would win it or the baseball Angels....but I digress. Does he want show biz or the RAMS? IF he's gonna be the man, act like it, damn it!!! Stop with the 60% movie man and 40% Rams owner crap, Give us all or nothing!!! To end, I'm not a Yankee fan or Steinbrenner fan. But I do respect the fact that the guy makes all these moves to WIN,WIN, WIN!!! Do us a favor Chip, be a little, oh, I don't know.....PROACTIVE!!! This is your team, the RAMS, the TEAM YOUR FATHER LOVED!
    Last edited by blood85; -11-26-2008 at 10:51 PM.

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

What has Chip done to date to make you think he is not serious about winning?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast