bruce4life is offline Registered User

I dont care what y'all say I like what COGS brings...

period/.... he is one of the only guys that brings it on the team.. .what say ye...

majorram is offline Registered User

Re: I dont care what y'all say I like what COGS brings...

well I must say that we need players like this on our Team, atleast he shows fire, but hes a marked man, from players and Refs and he must show control in those close games.....

steve
    "The breakfast Club"

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

you are not alone Bruce...i and i believe a few others on here have been fans of Richie from his college days...sometimes he lets his fans down but dont think theres ever been a player in the NFL who hasnt let his fans down at some point.

hope he can find a way of curbing the penalties without losing his fire somehow...

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

There's a difference between (1) being focused and bringing it and (2) being out of control and bringing it. The former is fine, the latter is dangerous and costly.

Somehow I wonder if there would be any Incognito supporters out there if his end-of-game penalty made Brown's kick impossible and essentially cost us the game.

There are ways of being fired up without being in danger of drawing personal foul flags. Incognito has yet to learn this, and until he does, is a liability on the field IMO.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Exactly as Nick said... there's a difference between being a great, nasty offensive lineman and being Cogs. I, too, love what Cogs could bring to the game. I very much like him as a person, because at last year's bash, he got hurt, but still was very friendly and signed for anyone who wanted. Plus, he has a really freaking hot playmate of a girlfriend with him.

However, he doesn't think a lot of the time, and does stupid things for penalties. Trying to read his lips yesterday seems like to the Ref "What?" or, worse... "F^%#". It went from a chip shot FG to one that is much closer to 50-50. If we still had Wilkins, we probably would have lost the game(Sorry Wilkins, your leg just lost it).

Cogs can be great, and can certainly drive the defender downfield and will certainly play through the whistle, but then he keeps fighting, or talking smack, or false starts, or holds. Barron is a liability because of his false starts, but overall, he's pretty good at right tackle. He holds his own out there and did well on the left side last year. I would much rather keep him than Cogs at the moment because he stops at the whistle at least. Cogs is a 15 yard time bomb waiting to go off. And that's why I think he needs to either be benched for a bit until he can cool off, permenantly, or let go. I really like the guy, but he needs control.

Dr. Defense is offline Registered User

I think Cogs is probably our best lineman right now. Game in and game out he is constantly playing with that drive to be the best. I think he could be really great, but he just needs to learn to cool down sometimes. Unfortunately I think that this is part of the problem of having an offensive line that is primarily made up of young guys. No older guards who can sit him down and talk him through what he needs to do.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

I love the guy, but he's shown so far he can't or won't change. He was a wreckless hot head in college and has carried that attitude to the pros. I still get irate thinking he could have very well cost the Rams a desperately needed win and wonder how long he needs to get his act together. How many more chances does he deserve before he actually does cost the team a win? He's been with the Rams for how many years now?

Throughout the game yesterday, instead of concentrating on doing his job, he was talking trash, pushing and shoving opponents and asking for a penalty. What really concerns me is that when things got chippy near the end of the game, he couldn't control himself even after Bulger pulled the offense aside and obviously told everybody to stay cool and not do anything stupid. That is a complete lack of discipline.

He's a good player when he keeps his head, but I still think he's a liability on the field that the opposition can take advantage of in critical situations by baiting him into a costly mistake.

I certainly hope he can turn things around because we need him, but I have my doubts.

btimsah Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bruce4life View Post
    period/.... he is one of the only guys that brings it on the team.. .what say ye...
    Unfortunately, when you 1-4 you are probably right. Most of the team sucks, and so does Cogs. Is that what you were referring too? He's a big reason why our pass protection sucks. Then throw in his penalties.. and you have the worst offensive linemen in the league. We can't confuse a hot-head for being "good".

JackieSlater is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by majorram View Post
    well I must say that we need players like this on our Team, atleast he shows fire, but hes a marked man, from players and Refs and he must show control in those close games.....

steve
    I'll cut and paste exactly what i said in another thread.

There is firey... and there is firey

Showing fire to lead block and knock the defender back 15 yards.. THATS firey!

Showing fire by attempting to knock the official back 15 yards... THATS stupid!

Simple!

general counsel is offline Registered User

I agree with nick, but i also point out that cogs has not played very well. If he is playing at a pro bowl level, i am a LOT more tolerant of his antics. From my perspective he is woefully inconsistent and i just dont see the rate of development that leads me to believe he is a part of our offensive line of the future. Who cares how fiery he is if he doesnt block well. Having a guy shooting his mouth off does absolutely nothing to inspire anyone else on the field and it doesnt enhance our chances of winning unless he does his job, which he is not doing. The interior of our offensive line stinks. Bell isnt the problem. Its cogs and lekckey and a lack of teamwork. I think cogs has gotten by in college on brute strength and i dont see his technique being very good at all.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Mooselini is offline Registered User

I have alot of mixed feelings about Cogs. He's strong and has this nasty attitude that makes him a competetor.

But I don't think his technique is good enough for the NFL level. Also, his attitude has to change now. He could've possibly cost us the game yesterday, and trust me, had that been the case there would be no one on these boards who would be supporting him still.

I'm for replacing him at the end of the year.