Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: I don't know if its the OC... I just know that I don't want it to be.

Truth is offline Registered User

Re: I don't know if its the OC... I just know that I don't want it to be.

Continuity is great. Unless, of course, what you're continuing is really bad. I don't think the Rams or Sam can be successful with Schotty. I hope I'm wrong. I just don't believe I am. I wouldn't shed any tears if he wasn't with the team @ the end of the season.
    RockinRam likes this.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

Bald_81 is offline Registered User

I have a sickening feeling Jeff Fisher made a huge mistake in hiring Schottenheimer. I remember they interviewed Hue Jackson as well and I was really pulling for him to get the job. He lasted one season in Oakland but he had an imaginative offense that wasn't afraid to mix it up and take shots.

Now it seems we're going forward with Schotty for better or for worse. If it's anything like the past five days, we are in a load of trouble.

Haste is offline Registered User

Who is available right now?

I say lets get rid of Shotty now so that Sam and the offense have the rest of the season to learn the new OC's system.

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

If Schotty doesn't get that our personnel is tailored to run the no-huddle and create spacing for Tavon, then I want him out. Right now he's running the same gameplan he did last season and it worked mainly because Steven Jackson was a reliable back to move the chains, set up the play action and make nice gainers. Our offense is anemic right now because it is blatantly one-dimensional. I hope Schotty realizes that last year's gameplan isn't gonna work because we have arguably the worst backfield in the NFL.

♪ R.I.P. Nujabes ♫
    Your beat still laments the world

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

I did not like the Schottenheimer hire at first, but warmed up to him after he helped Bradford get back on track in a very difficult situation last year. Now, I'm again not happy because it's looking more and more like he's good at keeping things simple and safe when necessary, but not so good at upping the ante and creating a dynamic, down the field offense. I don't think the problems on offense are all his fault, but's it's becoming clear that he is the biggest problem. He needs to make it happen and get things going, or hit the road. Keeping the status quo gets us nowhere.

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    I did not like the Schottenheimer hire at first, but warmed up to him after he helped Bradford get back on track in a very difficult situation last year. Now, I'm again not happy because it's looking more and more like he's good at keeping things simple and safe when necessary, but not so good at upping the ante and creating a dynamic, down the field offense. I don't think the problems on offense are all his fault, but's it's becoming clear that he is the biggest problem. He needs to make it happen and get things going, or hit the road. Keeping the status quo gets us nowhere.
    I am prone to agree with you about Schottenheimer. However, and he must share the blame for this as well, we have a bad O-Line, especially in the middle where we have a LG who is playing out of position and Wells at center who isn't what he was in Green Bay. Dahl is OK at best and Saffold cannot stay healthy. Compound that with a bad group of RB's and the recipe for disaster is in place. Regardless of new system or not, I think we need a new OC by next season.

Go Rams!

RockinRam is offline Registered User

1. Like Truth said, continuity is great if what you are continuing is actually good in the first place. Trying to continue a mediocre offensive scheme just because it's CONVENIENT AND EASY for Sam Bradford is a huge mistake.

2. The "Bradford having to endure another OC change" can be altogether avoided if we get a new OC AND a new QB. Not exactly saying I advocate this, but right now nothing is really out of the question.

~ RockinRam

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

While I understand your point AV, the Ravens went on to win the superbowl after changing OCs during the season. Not saying, just saying.

Richbert88 is offline Registered User

I would think that Sam and Jeff would both be in Schott's face on this. They should both be holding this up to him. Bradford needs to step up and lead, he's on the field, he's the one whose jersey is worn in the stands. He is seeing up close what is happening. Jeff needs to open his eyes.
    Semper Fi!

Ram Dragoon is offline Registered User

Everyone remember Spag? How about J. McDanials? Well the later cost the former his job, but it was the former who brought in the later. We have all seen where a team brings in a wealth of talent but the brain trusts just couldn't bring it all together into a winning team.

Save for the o-line, the Rams have a solid core of talent on offense to at least be credible--you wouldn't know it from how they play. Talk of regime change "AGAIN" at this stage of the season might useful on many levels. First Fisher might take a serious hard look at his OC and decide he must stay or go. Truth be told, I never liked the OCs play calling--I am on the "GO" side. Second NO ONE wants to lose their job--including Fisher and there is that danger. The Rams owner/FO listens to Snead/Fisher, but he also listens to the fan's boos, and boos cost $$$ in one form and another. Compiling all that talk of regime change might put a fire under the coaching staff--Personally if I was the Rams owner, I would come out of blue and reach down and fire the offensive line coach to make my point

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12