Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Will51 is offline Registered User

I dont Think you guys understand.

At the start of next season (barring there is a season) we will enter the 1st game with arguably one of the best offensive coaching minds AND defensive coaching minds in the game today, add that to the fact we have a QB with ELITE potential, a pro bowl running back, an offensive line that is good and will get alot better, a good young talented group of tight ends and our receiving core could be a strong point with DX , avery and clayton getting to full health, amendola poised to shine in mcdaniels offense and we will surely go after a big receiver in the draft or FA(jackson rice) . Now mix all that with our tenacious young STRONGLY improved defense led by jlau and long with the addition of two OLB's via draft and maybe an upgrade at safety and we will be a very strong team , and i mean very strong, any comments?

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

Re: I dont Think you guys understand.

i think we stand as very heavy favorites for the West at present. for us to push for the big one i think even with what you have already mentioned we still need D-line help too.

thickandthin is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ramblin` Ram View Post
    i think we stand as very heavy favorites for the West at present. for us to push for the big one i think even with what you have already mentioned we still need D-line help too.
    very much agreed, there is NO guarentee that Big Fred and Hall will have seasons like they had this year.

mikhal5569 is offline Registered User

The Rams are in great shape to go into the 2011 season as a very dangerous
    team. Most of the niners fans, the seahawk fans and the cards fans have already
    commented that we will be the team to beat in the NFC West. However, there are
    a few things that worry me and have me keeping my enthusiasm from getting too
    high. First off, there is Atogwes contract which the Rams could opt out of.
    Secondly, call me jaded, BUT the Rams aren't exactly known as a team that goes
    out and lights the free agent market up, so adding a top tier free agent wide receiver
    is far from a given. Much less a new starting caliber starting right guard,
    back up running back, etc.

With that being said, I think it is safe to say that the Rams should be a
    playoff team next year. I really trust and like Spags decisions when it comes
    to evaluating players and adding productive role players to the roster. BUT,
    they have to prove to me that they will spend money on impact free agents and
    take this team to the next level especially when it is looking like this team
    could be on fire next year.

The Rams have every chance to be one of the hottest stories in the NFL next
    year and a legit one. Here's hoping the new owner and front office goes for the
    kill.

Bing69 is offline Registered User

the Rams aren't exactly known as a team that goes
    out and lights the free agent market up

-----------------------------------------

That was the old Rams, i believe Kroenke will see the sense in making a big splash, namely WR

DaRealJMcD is offline Registered User

What does this team need to address in the draft?? I have only been able to watch about a half of a half of the first game this year. I have two more downloaded to watchand will prolly start watching the next one here in a bit. The game I watched a little of was Ariz. It was terribly boring. Going to watch week 3 vs Shanny here in a while. What positions whould I watch for??? Thanks.
    DaRealJMcD

lostsoul is offline Registered User

where did you download the games?

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Will51 View Post
    At the start of next season (barring there is a season) we will enter the 1st game with arguably one of the best offensive coaching minds AND defensive coaching minds in the game today, add that to the fact we have a QB with ELITE potential, a pro bowl running back, an offensive line that is good and will get alot better, a good young talented group of tight ends and our receiving core could be a strong point with DX , avery and clayton getting to full health, amendola poised to shine in mcdaniels offense and we will surely go after a big receiver in the draft or FA(jackson rice) . Now mix all that with our tenacious young STRONGLY improved defense led by jlau and long with the addition of two OLB's via draft and maybe an upgrade at safety and we will be a very strong team , and i mean very strong, any comments?
    I think our coaching staff and starting quarterback are excellent reasons to be optimistic.

However, I think the offensive line isn't that good, especially when it really counts in short yardage situations. I think the receiver corps is not going to be a team strength next season, but hopefully will be less of a weakness. I also think that age is an issue on the defensive line. And I would add a strong second runningback to that wishlist if we actually hope to be a contender. I think we've made a lot of progress since this time last year, but we've still got our work cut out for us if we want to win playoff games.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Yes, all signs point to the Rams being improved in 2011. But I don't buy the "prohibitive favorites to win the division" routine. San Francisco will be improved, and Harbaugh will further expose the awful job Singletary did with a decent football team. Seattle won the division and will be better as well. Only Arizona, with no real experienced QB in place looks like they may struggle again. Of course, we all should know by now that predictions and expectations are often completely wrong, so assuming anything is crazy. And one injury can change the whole equation.

Pretending McDaniels is going to do a much better job with our offense as it is currently constructed is kidding ourselves. In case we haven't forgotten, we need a couple of big pieces at the skill position of receiver. Like I've said countless times before, you're only as good as the guys you coach.

FestusRam is online now Registered User

All we really need on the o line is a bruising run blocking at right guard and I'm sure we can address that in the middle rounds of the draft.

MelloStang is offline Registered User

any thoughts on terell owens? he has said the rams interest him ? im just not sure how much is left in the tank

Trevor is offline Registered User

Lets not get ahead of ourselves shall we?

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

[QUOTE=Will51;379532] a pro bowl running back, an offensive line that is good and will get alot better.
    A good young talented group of tight ends and our recieving core could be a strong point with DX, avery and clayton getting to full health, amendola poised to shine in mcdaniels offense.

NO, I dont think you quite understand? Although I truly hope Im wrong!
    I agree the line has potential Will51, but the interior of our line isnt good at all, this is the area of the team that worries me the most. Lots of ????? with the WR's and TE's, and even Jackson is showing signs of slowing down. We must get him some help this offseason for this offense to become a little more threatening. There is potential there Will51, but thier's potential with every team in the NFL at most positions. It's by no means a certainty that everything pans out accordingly, as much as I hope it will.
    The defense in IMHO is looking in better shape than the offense as of today.
    Last edited by GROUND DOG 39; -01-21-2011 at 02:33 PM.

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

I didn't think our offensive line was that bad. I agree there was room for improvement, but we have 2 solid tackles, a solid center and average guards. We need to improve the guard spot for sure, but what we may forget is that the #1 task for the line this year was to protect our $50 million QB, which they did admirably. I agree we need to find better run blocking that will open holes for SJ and any other RB's. The other good news from this year was the relative health of the line and having them play together for most of the 16 games. That is important for O-Lines as they work as a unit. I also think that our new owner will spend what it takes to put a winning playoff team on the field. That may mean spending big bucks for a WR or other position.

As for the overall point of this thread, we will take on the attitude of our coach, humble and play each game as it comes with the best players we have healthy. Next year's schedule will be tough, we play the NFC East which has the Giants, Eagles and an improved Cowboys team, plus we play the very tough AFC North with Pittsburgh and Baltimore. We also play the Saints and the Packers, 2 more playoff teams. I know we are all excited about getting better next year, but watch out for any let downs. Fortunately, we have a good coach who will watch and prepare for that. Nothing is ever easy in the NFL. Nonetheless, I still cannot wait for the first KO in September.

Go Rams!

DaRealJMcD is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by lostsoul View Post
    where did you download the games?
    Ten Yard Torrents, my friend. Google it; follow directions on site; sign up; go to forums; dl whatever you want. you will need to install utorrent and I would suggest downloading VLC player-it will play any type of file. Peace.
    darealjmcd

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast