NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

I feel Like I'm in a Time Warp

Three years ago, I sat in the old Meadowlands with my authentic Jack Youngblood jersey on watching us get absolutely manhandled by the Jets 47-3. Scott Linehan had recently been fired, and Jim Haslett was at the helm. As I sat there in stunned disbelief completely humiliated, I contemplated how far we'd fallen over the years, save for the GSOT seasons. The team that was good nearly every year while I was growing up was a complete laughingstock. I couldn't wait for the year to end (in November) and hoped for better days.

Three years later, in 2011, despite a new staff, new front office and new roster we are still terrible. Too many injuries. Too many penalties. Too many bad performances. Poor in-game adjustments. An inability to even compete, much less win. 2010 appears to have been both a mirage and a tease. We have a defensive minded coach (who won a SB as a coordinator) whose defense was gashed for 252 yards today and is 8-31 since '08. We have an offensive coordinator (who won a SB as a coordinator) whose offense can't score.

I honestly don't know what we do at this point. Blowing it up means starting over yet again. Staying the course appears like it is a suicide mission. I see no hope for this team. Moral victories one week are overshadowed by steps backward the following week. It's not like the organization hasn't tried- they've spent money and hired winning coordinators. It's just hard to believe that one organization could be so awful and make so many ill-fated decisions.

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

Re: I feel Like I'm in a Time Warp

only thing that will change this organization is if the fans boycott the product on the field.
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

locazn is offline Registered User

Man I feel your pain. I think it was back in 02 when we made the playoffs with bulger at the helm. Those years with kurt were even better, so long since our glory days. Just when we had a glimpse of hope last season, we are now staring at 0-6. I dunno I guess the football gods hate the rams. Anyhow.... GO RAMS!!

mh-i is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    I It's not like the organization hasn't tried- they've spent money and hired winning coordinators.
    Maybe they should hire a head coach instead of a coordinator with no head coaching experiance. And give the guy some time like they did Vermeil.

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

Bulger started his first game on October 13, 2002. The Rams were 0-5 and the Raiders were 5-0. We beat the Raiders (who went to the Super Bowl) 28-13. We finished the season 7-9 with a big come back in the 4th quarter in the last game to beat the Whiners on MNF. We even used Scott Covington in that game.

The Rams made the playoffs in 2003 (lost to Carolina) and 2004 (lost to Atlanta).

Quote Originally Posted by locazn View Post
    Man I feel your pain. I think it was back in 02 when we made the playoffs with bulger at the helm. Those years with kurt were even better, so long since our glory days. Just when we had a glimpse of hope last season, we are now staring at 0-6. I dunno I guess the football gods hate the rams. Anyhow.... GO RAMS!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaRam View Post
    Bulger started his first game on October 13, 2002. The Rams were 0-5 and the Raiders were 5-0. We beat the Raiders (who went to the Super Bowl) 28-13. We finished the season 7-9 with a big come back in the 4th quarter in the last game to beat the Whiners on MNF. We even used Scott Covington in that game.

The Rams made the playoffs in 2003 (lost to Carolina) and 2004 (lost to Atlanta).
    That team had Bruce, Holt, Faulk & Pace...4 HOFers...all in their prime. What have we got now? A whole bunch of underachievers and guys with potential who might be good some day. To think we can go on a run like that team did is delusional.

39WillRunYaOva is offline Registered User

I feel the same way im left scratching my head after every game.I just dont know if i have it in me to see another reboot of coaches and FO and then have another building year....