Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By RamFan_Til_I_Die
  • 2 Post By sosa39rams
  • 1 Post By Ramone

Thread: I figured out McDaniels Problem

RamFan_Til_I_Die is online now Registered User

I figured out McDaniels Problem

It appears McDaniels has taken to heart the advice of one outspoken, short, middle-aged, balding man, and it's costing the Rams dearly. That man is George Castanza.

It's 3rd & 1...we throw a 20 yard pass.

It's 3rd & 16...we run...

It's 1st and goal on the 1, we run the wildcat, then pass on the next down??

It's 1st & goal on the 1 again, and Jackson is on the sidelines? He come in on 3rd down, and whaddya know, one of the most punishing backs in the game gets the TD...who woulda thunk it.

Game after game, play after play, he does the opposite of what logic dictates, and game after game it fails. I get doing the opposite of what is considered conventional football wisdom once in awhile, but all the time?

McDaniels needs to go. NOW. I'm tired of this crap.
    r8rh8rmike and THOLTFAN81 like this.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Re: I figured out McDaniels Problem

How about the QB Sneak, I think the boys in the booth said Oh come on! What are you thinking just give it to SJax. I think he is always trying to out smart the defense instead of just letting guys make plays. Flea flicker? Really Really... I though we would see max protection and SJax get 35 touches tonight.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Time for him to pack his bags and get the hell outta here.
    THOLTFAN81 and GROUND DOG 39 like this.

FestusRam is offline Registered User

His problem is our lack of talent...say what you want IDC we don't have enough players that understand his sytem and have the ability to run it. Im sure it would be a little different with Amendola and Salas

MelloStang is offline Registered User

His system is why he was run out of Denver, he got this job due to his resume but what you see on that field is his true ability, Patriots haven't missed him a for a single day, neither has denver.

Dwight Frye is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    How about the QB Sneak, I think the boys in the booth said Oh come on! What are you thinking just give it to SJax. I think he is always trying to out smart the defense instead of just letting guys make plays. Flea flicker? Really Really... I though we would see max protection and SJax get 35 touches tonight.
    Yeah, Jack gets a thousand yards every year behind an absolutely terrible line. You think he can't get one? Really?
    I don't know about McD. I really don't want to change offenses again. But personally, I'll never be happy with shotgun on the goal line.
    If a team won their division seven straight times, that would be a NFL record. Now add on that team did it with seven different QB's in seven straight years,that record is unbeatable. To do that feat, you must of had a great Defense. Jack Youngblood was the captain of that defense.

md8
    md8 is offline Registered User

A few times the last few weeks, the play calling has been so bad, that I've actually wondered if the Rams coaches were trying to lose on purpose. Are they just trying to get a higher pick? Or can a professional coaching staff really be this dumb?

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

I truly believe that consistency is key in the NFL, and that Sam would eventually flourish under McDaniels. But I am afraid we are in the Not For Long League, and Josh just isn't going to work out.

Please don't let Sam's talent be wasted by new scheme changes every year

MelloStang is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by C-Mob 71 View Post
    I truly believe that consistency is key in the NFL, and that Sam would eventually flourish under McDaniels. But I am afraid we are in the Not For Long League, and Josh just isn't going to work out.

Please don't let Sam's talent be wasted by new scheme changes every year
    I know what you mean but McDaniels isn't the answer what your seeing is what you will get, you need an OC that mesh with what you have and what you are trying to do, I still dont get why they dont smash #39 down the other teams throat and then play action off of it, young QB's will always flourish by a good play action when its working, but to constantly have Bradford in a shot gun all game and only bring in a back when it is a run, makes it pretty easy for a team to see what plays are coming, also you shouldn't do a shotgun formation when you have 1 or 2 recievers who can make a play, every week i see a team that if i was defending i would know when to stay in the gaps or drop into coverage, i yell at the tv its a pass its a run and maybe im wrong 2 times a game, the defense coordinator of the opposing teams does this for a living he has to see it too, Spags has failed us and McDaniels was never going to do anything but.

Ramone is offline Registered User

McDaniel picking up 'his' pay-check is world greatest injustice. Civilized people would call it a robbery.
    RamFan_Til_I_Die likes this.