Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

I guarantee we win tomorrow.

There is absolutely no way the niners win tomorrow. They simply can't afford to win the game. They currently hold the 2nd spot in the draft behind the Texans based on standings and opponents win %:

1. Texans --- 2-12 , .531
    2. niners --- 2-12 , .545
    3. Jets --- 3-11 , .522
    4. Saints --- 3-11 , .522
    5. Packers --- 3-11 , .545

If the niners win, they fall to 4th or 5th unless the Jets and Saints win. The niners shouldn't be overly concerned about the Texans picking Bush, but the Texans could trade out of the top spot to someone wanting Bush. However, barring some blockbuster deal, the niners could feel secure in getting Bush with the 2nd choice. They should feel just as insecure if they fall to 3rd and certainly 4th.

Just imagine how sloppy next week's Texan/niner game will be with both teams in a "must-lose" situation. If the niners beat us and then beat the Texans, they go 4-12 losing any shot at their man, Bush.

There's no one player in this draft that is going to make the niners competitive overnight, but Bush would probably come the closest in this group. He would at least give them a viable threat in the backfield.

Beating us tomorrow pretty much puts the niners out of the "Bush Sweepstakes". All things considered, the niners can't afford to beat us tomorrow.

"Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: I guarantee we win tomorrow.

4 words..........

STRANGER THINGS HAVE HAPPENED

general counsel is offline Registered User

We lost to them once, if we dont play well, we will lose again. keep in mind that we lost to them with bulger.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

If we lose to the Whiners tomorrow, I suspect there will be a gathering of peasants dressed in rags, all carrying torches, chanting backward in Latin, marching on the Rams front offices.
    The only way to appease this mob will be with the heads of those responsible for this sacrilegious season.

bruce_wannabe Guest

the niners always play well in san fran though.... they beat us, beat tampa there, played dallas to the wire, held with indy for 2 and a half quarters, almost beat seattle if dorsey could actually throw a ball for a 2pt conversation......so the niners are a decetn home team, horrible road team

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel
    We lost to them once, if we dont play well, we will lose again. keep in mind that we lost to them with bulger.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    I hear what you're saying, GC. And as bad as I don't want to think about a team not bringing thier best game to the field.....I really don't think the niners will "allow" themselves to win this game.

They're professionals and as such, I'm sure they want to win this game as much as any other game, but on some level, they have to know a win writes them off the Bush list.

If you ask the players, they're going to say they'll take a win over a loss regardless of the circumstances (as they should), but somewhere in an office in San Fran, somebody with a little power has to know what this game tomorrow (and next week) means for the near future of the niners.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

bruce_wannabe Guest

but also a lot of those players will not be there next year, therfore negating their acceptance of losing so the team can try to claim reggie bush..... the niners hate the rams just as much as we hate them, it will be a good game of sloppy mistakes, first one to 10 penalties loses

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

HUbison, you mentioned that the Whiners shouldn't be overly concerned with the Texans choosing Bush; but then who would they pick? Highly doubtful they would take Leinert with the presence of D. Carr. Besides, as far as I know, Bush hasn't yet decided to enter the draft. He could pull a Leinert and return for his serior year; though this seems doubtful to me.

Besides, as far as I know, Bush hasn't yet decided to enter the draft.
    Bush is one of five juniors that has declared for the draft at this point.
    Highly doubtful they would take Leinert with the presence of D. Carr.
    But even less likely they would take Bush with Davis locked in long-term. One choice would be Ferguson, but personally I don't think Ferguson is good value for a #1 overall pick. If I'm the Texans, I trade out of the #1 pick with some team desparately seeking either Leinert or Bush....and there should be plenty of trade partners for those. If the partner looks to be a Leinert suitor, the niners for fine for Bush at #2, otherwise, they may want to make a deal with the Texans themselves.

steviej is offline Registered User

I think we should lose tommorow. If we do, we can get a better draft choice, because we have no chance to make it in the playoffs.
    :clanram: Let's Go Rams!! We will trample you!!!!

CanadianRam! is offline Registered User

we better win, cuz its just sad losing to the sad and horrible whiners twice in one season

and i want people to stop saying that we should lose to the whiners twice in one season...because thats just sad

Rampage39 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by steviej
    I think we should lose tommorow. If we do, we can get a better draft choice, because we have no chance to make it in the playoffs.
    um we should win because of something called PRIDE. the players and coaches can care less about the draft, they're playing for pride.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Its all HUbison's fault!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by from my big fat stupid mouth
    There is absolutely no way the niners win tomorrow.
    ...and further more, the Cubs will win the world series, and the Clinton/Kennedy ticket will be our next President.

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam
    Its all HUbison's fault!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Man, I suck. I'm going to give myself negative points just for starting this stupid thread.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast