Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    bigredman is offline Registered User

Re: I Hate Dead Cap Money

Another thing to consider, while I love Wistrom (who reminded me alot of another long blonde haired madman on defense...can you guess who?), Pickett still has potential under the right coach. Marmie was not that coach. He couldn't motivate a fat woman to eat a hot fudge sundae.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

psycho9985 is offline Registered User

How can we or any team ever get it right.Dead money kills you.Look what happened to us with turley,and Warner.If they get hurt or traded pay off there contract and dont count it against our cap.Whats so hard about that.Every team would benefit.
    My heart beats crazy and my blood runs wild

chiguy is offline Registered User

The Patriots and Eagles have generally done an outstanding job of getting the contracts right. Its the one thing that allows every NFL team a chance at being competitive.

general counsel is offline Registered User

I agree with chiguy 100%. note that the eagles and pats dont allow players to extort money. if they complain too much, they cut them or trade them. It has kept their dead money costs very low and allowed them to remain competitive for a long time. Funny how a number of eagles fans arent quite as upset at TO as they are at the front office for leaving 10 million of cap on the table in a year where they were trying to win it all. They didnt use the cash to get adequate depth. It may not have mattered anyway of course, especially with the injury to mcnabb, but its hard to put all your eggs in the TO basket. Can you imagine how different things might have been if the eagles had actually traded the #3 pick that seattle wanted for shaun alexander.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12