Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: I Hate Jamie Dukes...

Bralidore(RAMMODE) is offline Registered User

I Hate Jamie Dukes...

Everytime the guy gets on I rarely agree with anything he says. They just talked about the Rams and their offseason acquisitions..

Jamie basically said that we didn't do enough because we refused to get a number one receiver. Insinuated that we were hesitant to get weapons around Bradford and were comfortable where we were.

Then went on to say that we should have picked up James Jones calling him better than anyone on our offense (ignored the comment from Michael Lombardi saying that Jones drops a ton of balls.)

Michael kept trying to get a few comments in saying that a quarterback can elevate the play of his counterparts and that the Rams had some weapons in Amendola and a few other guys he didn't mention but Dukes basically scoffed and laughed to himself.

The guy dumps on the Rams every time he's there because none of our guys are what he perceives to be number 1 guys and its just annoying...(especially because its HIM that's doing it)
    Last edited by Nick; -08-07-2011 at 07:47 PM. Reason: Language, please

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Re: I Hate Jamie Dukes...

Like you, I agree. He is an arrogant .... well im sure you could finish the sentence. He doesn't want to be wrong.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

I watched it too and I was fuming. Dukes pretty much said the Rams did nothing, have no talent and are laughable. He trashed Amendola as nothing more than an also ran receiver. Lombardi did everything he could to pump up the Rams, saying they did indeed have talent at receiver and like Bralidore mentioned, have a QB who can elevate their game. He also told Dukes to watch, because the Rams were going to have success.

ManofGod is offline Registered User

Well guys, just a few days ago, many on the clan actually agreed with him to a degree, we'll just have to shut him up.

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Here is a list of commentators I care about:

I'm done.

Flippin' Ram is online now Registered User

I tend to ignore nutjobs like this guy and just let our playing do the talking and before you know it, Marshall Faulk will make this fool eat the most tainted crow available.

sjacksonrules is offline Registered User

Jamie will say anything to get a rise out of the fan base. If we had signed someone like T.O. then he would of said why didn't they sign T.O. and Plaxico both.

Bralidore(RAMMODE) is offline Registered User

He and Irvin are probably my least favorite guys on the NFL network. Dukes because he is a clueless jerk and Irvin because he just talks too darn much and doesn't seem to really know what he's talking about.
    laram0 and Ram Mar Ram like this.

eldfan is offline Registered User

I watch it to, he mention that Avery has had an injury problem and that it just canít be assume heís going to play well. I canít disagree with that, being he has a hamstring injury now. But he did discount the receivers believing we did nothing to improve the receivers group other than Sims Walker.
    :ramlogo:

FestusRam is online now Registered User

You know what makes James Jones better than Mike Simis-Walker or any other wide out on the team.

Aaron freakin Rodgers

Besides i wouldve rather had MWS.
    ZiaRam likes this.

swatter555 is offline Registered User

I know people tend to wear rose-tinted glasses around here, but most of you (deep down) have to realize that our WR group is questionable. I deeply hope they prove to be effective, but I honestly think its a 50-50 shot whether they will be (as group) a help or hinderance to the performance of the offense. I think thats a completely fair appraisal. I wouldn't say they lack talent, I would simply say it is hard to gauge what we have at this point. To put it in perspective- MSW was released by a team with depth problems at the position, and he instantly becomes the favorite for #1 on the Rams. That says something about our current crop of WRs, and I don't think it says postive things.

I want to say Im hopeful, and to some degree I am. I believe someone is going to standout and maybe become a star at some point, but that is not a logical assesment, just a hopeful one. So, in the end, I don't think Jamie Dukes is as far off as many of you think, imo.
    Fargo Ram Fan and ManofGod like this.

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

I was yelling at my TV watching this segment as well. Cant wait to shut this guy up with our play this season.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by swatter555 View Post
    I know people tend to wear rose-tinted glasses around here, but most of you (deep down) have to realize that our WR group is questionable. I deeply hope they prove to be effective, but I honestly think its a 50-50 shot whether they will be (as group) a help or hinderance to the performance of the offense. I think thats a completely fair appraisal. I wouldn't say they lack talent, I would simply say it is hard to gauge what we have at this point. To put it in perspective- MSW was released by a team with depth problems at the position, and he instantly becomes the favorite for #1 on the Rams. That says something about our current crop of WRs, and I don't think it says postive things.

I want to say Im hopeful, and to some degree I am. I believe someone is going to standout and maybe become a star at some point, but that is not a logical assesment, just a hopeful one. So, in the end, I don't think Jamie Dukes is as far off as many of you think, imo.
    Michael Lombardi, who doesn't wear rose-tinted glasses, sure thought Dukes was off, way off.

Jockelite is offline Registered User

And I must say when I see both Warren Sapp and Jamie Dukes talking at the same time I just turn it off.
    ZiaRam likes this.

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

Jamie Dukes does chat some ****. However, he is entitled to his opinion.! Dukes does have a point though.
    The Rams have proven nothing yet and are still classed as a lame duck team, so keep that in mind. One decent season is one thing, making that next step is another. I will be surprised if DX's knee will hold up to being a NO.1 WR. Avery will never replicate B.Lloyd, not a chance, even if he stays totally injury free for a couple of season's, he is not a natural pass catcher.? All are so called deep threat options, look half cooked, unless a miracle happens. Im keeping my fingers crossed with DX. Hopefully the Rams keep his reps to a miminum.?
    The rest are not the quickest, very young, but hopefully perfect for McD's O.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast