Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: I Hate Jamie Dukes...

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: I Hate Jamie Dukes...

Quote Originally Posted by GROUND DOG 39 View Post
    Jamie Dukes does chat some ****. However, he is entitled to his opinion.! Dukes does have a point though.
    The Rams have proven nothing yet and are still classed as a lame duck team, so keep that in mind. One decent season is one thing, making that next step is another. I will be surprised if DX's knee will hold up to being a NO.1 WR. Avery will never replicate B.Lloyd, not a chance, even if he stays totally injury free for a couple of season's, he is not a natural pass catcher.? All are so called deep threat options, look half cooked, unless a miracle happens. Im keeping my fingers crossed with DX. Hopefully the Rams keep his reps to a miminum.?
    The rest are not the quickest, very young, but hopefully perfect for McD's O.
    What many are overlooking is the fact that Sam Bradford will raise the level of play of any of our receivers that are on the field at any given time.

GO RAMS!!!

Ramendola16 is offline Registered User

What makes me angry is that people look at last year's WR corps, notice that we didn't make a big splash at the position, and assume that it must still be mediocre. Folks need to learn that this year's receiving corps looks nothing like last year's. With MSW, Pettis, Salas, Kendricks, and a healthy Avery, this is not the same team. Let naysayers believe what they want, but there's no telling what this crew can do with Bradford at the helm.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Jamie Dukes was trying to rip on Amendola so Lombardi told him that hes hard to cover. He told him to take off his coat, put on a DC coat, and have fun trying to stop the big guy in the back (SJAX) and Amendola running the middle of the field. He said we have guys similar to Manning (obviously not literal) and said you watch, they will be dangerous, im telling you. The only thing Dukes had to say to that is " Amendola?".

Fargo Ram Fan is offline Registered User

This post/thread is played out YEAR, AFTER YEAR, AFTER YEAR. The names may change but the (pollyanna) logic is the same. So let me see if I have this right....there are some people who are skeptical about a team that has won 10 games...in THREE YEARS? Oh...ok.
    "You people point your 'f'in' finger and say theres the bad guy....what that make you....good?" Tony Montana

itsguud is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    I watched it too and I was fuming. Dukes pretty much said the Rams did nothing, have no talent and are laughable. He trashed Amendola as nothing more than an also ran receiver. Lombardi did everything he could to pump up the Rams, saying they did indeed have talent at receiver and like Bralidore mentioned, have a QB who can elevate their game. He also told Dukes to watch, because the Rams were going to have success.
    Agree with you I also watched and thought the exact same thing. Its funny b/c both him and Warren Sapp make many of the same dumb comments. Both of them are generally anti Ram they were that way as well during the top 100 list as well.

rob6465 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Bralidore(RAMMODE) View Post
    Everytime the guy gets on I rarely agree with anything he says. They just talked about the Rams and their offseason acquisitions..

Jamie basically said that we didn't do enough because we refused to get a number one receiver. Insinuated that we were hesitant to get weapons around Bradford and were comfortable where we were.

Then went on to say that we should have picked up James Jones calling him better than anyone on our offense (ignored the comment from Michael Lombardi saying that Jones drops a ton of balls.)

Michael kept trying to get a few comments in saying that a quarterback can elevate the play of his counterparts and that the Rams had some weapons in Amendola and a few other guys he didn't mention but Dukes basically scoffed and laughed to himself.

The guy dumps on the Rams every time he's there because none of our guys are what he perceives to be number 1 guys and its just annoying...(especially because its HIM that's doing it)
    He lost all that weight and still angry. He is a very bitter man. He is always argueing with his co-hosts.

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Here is a list of commentators I care about:

I'm done.

lmao! I'm still rolling over that one! I like watching marshall and rich talk tho...some kurt to and the charles guy. still laughing!

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by itsguud View Post
    Agree with you I also watched and thought the exact same thing. Its funny b/c both him and Warren Sapp make many of the same dumb comments. Both of them are generally anti Ram they were that way as well during the top 100 list as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jockelite View Post
    And I must say when I see both Warren Sapp and Jamie Dukes talking at the same time I just turn it off.
    Dude I thought I was just being stupid thinking that because I was a Ram fan. guess I wasn't being impartial. I can watch these two when not in the same broadcast as eachother but the same time? new channel.

macrammer is offline Registered User

Did not watch and and do not care what this guy said. I am anxiously awaiting a real football game and I am confident the Rams will be improved over last year. Action always speaks louder then words.

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    I watched it too and I was fuming. Dukes pretty much said the Rams did nothing, have no talent and are laughable. He trashed Amendola as nothing more than an also ran receiver. Lombardi did everything he could to pump up the Rams, saying they did indeed have talent at receiver and like Bralidore mentioned, have a QB who can elevate their game. He also told Dukes to watch, because the Rams were going to have success.
    Because of her remarks concerning the Rams, this person is getting lots of press on Ram forums .. That's exactly what she wants - people saying her name - talking about her. We have a lot of new faces this year. No one really knows yet how much these new faces will contribute - let alone this "character." Who cares what she says or thinks now? It's how the Rams play next month and beyond that counts .. By the way I've never heard of her either, or if I did, I've forgotten already ..

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by MauiRam View Post
    Because of her remarks concerning the Rams, this person is getting lots of press on Ram forums .. That's exactly what she wants - people saying her name - talking about her. We have a lot of new faces this year. No one really knows yet how much these new faces will contribute - let alone this "character." Who cares what she says or thinks now? It's how the Rams play next month and beyond that counts .. By the way I've never heard of her either, or if I did, I've forgotten already ..
    Here is a picture of her:

THOLTFAN81 is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MauiRam View Post
    lmao its a he. Hes a former offensive lineman. Funny you thought it was a girl

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by THOLTFAN81 View Post
    lmao its a he. Hes a former offensive lineman. Funny you thought it was a girl
    Uh ... How can I best put this?? ...

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Why get all worked up about it? In a black and white, yes or no world he's right. The Rams "currently" are somewhat of a question mark at WR. Avery has been hurt alot. Amendola is realistically just a slot receiver. We have two rookies we are counting on that aren't 1st and 2nd rounders but 3rd and 4th. The Rams didn't go out and get a big time WR so he's right. However, that's not to say those on the squad now can't prove themselves to be, it's just that "right now" there is not one WR on our squad that has proven they are a #1 WR. Actually, he took the low hanging fruit to whack the Rams "now". That's ok, whack us all you can now because during the year you won't be. During the year the Rams should prove that they made the right choices. If they don't pan out, could be a long year though
    MauiRam likes this.

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

It's really no big deal if you like flying under the radar as I do.

If you had a choice which would you rather have, a team where everybody's on the bandwagon and the only place to go is down? Or a team where no one gives you much of a chance, and the only way to go is up?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast