Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 40 of 40
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: I Hate Jamie Dukes...

  1. #31
    Azul e Oro is online now Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    CALIFORNIA
    Posts
    2,331
    Rep Power
    71

    Re: I Hate Jamie Dukes...

    Quote Originally Posted by MauiRam View Post
    Uh ... How can I best put this?? ...
    Silly Maui; sarcasm is for grown-ups, not those who are susceptible to being driven into a rage over the ravings of Miss Daisy & her ilk.

    Personally, I thought you nailed her right between the D-cups.


  2. #32
    r8rh8rmike's Avatar
    r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    29 Palms, Ca.
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,219
    Rep Power
    127

    Re: I Hate Jamie Dukes...

    Quote Originally Posted by MauiRam View Post
    Uh ... How can I best put this?? ...
    Hey, I followed your verbal sarcasm with some visual sarcasm of my own.

  3. #33
    Nick's Avatar
    Nick is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Age
    31
    Posts
    19,290
    Rep Power
    153

    Re: I Hate Jamie Dukes...

    Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    Why get all worked up about it? In a black and white, yes or no world he's right. The Rams "currently" are somewhat of a question mark at WR. Avery has been hurt alot. Amendola is realistically just a slot receiver. We have two rookies we are counting on that aren't 1st and 2nd rounders but 3rd and 4th. The Rams didn't go out and get a big time WR so he's right. However, that's not to say those on the squad now can't prove themselves to be, it's just that "right now" there is not one WR on our squad that has proven they are a #1 WR. Actually, he took the low hanging fruit to whack the Rams "now". That's ok, whack us all you can now because during the year you won't be. During the year the Rams should prove that they made the right choices. If they don't pan out, could be a long year though
    Well said. It sounds as if Dukes made some fair debatable points but didn't do himself any favors by expressing them in an extreme, unreasonable manner. Welcome to the world of television talking heads, where showmanship so often takes a leading role over substance. I wouldn't get worked up about what an analyst is saying about the team, one way or the other.
    swatter555 likes this.

  4. #34
    r8rh8rmike's Avatar
    r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    29 Palms, Ca.
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,219
    Rep Power
    127

    Re: I Hate Jamie Dukes...

    Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Well said. It sounds as if Dukes made some fair debatable points but didn't do himself any favors by expressing them in an extreme, unreasonable manner. Welcome to the world of television talking heads, where showmanship so often takes a leading role over substance. I wouldn't get worked up about what an analyst is saying about the team, one way or the other.
    In the grand scheme of things, you and Tx are right, who cares what he said. I'm certainly not going to lose any sleep over it. But.... when I watched the segment as a passionate Rams fan who thinks the FO did a great job making solid improvements, it was a natural reaction to feel disdain toward Dukes for trashing my team in a mocking, condescending way and giving them credit for absolutely nothing. It was over the top IMO.

    I'm good now.

  5. #35
    Ram Mar Ram's Avatar
    Ram Mar Ram is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Apia
    Age
    33
    Posts
    554
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: I Hate Jamie Dukes...


  6. #36
    swatter555's Avatar
    swatter555 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    484
    Rep Power
    15

    Re: I Hate Jamie Dukes...

    What I think is a shade over-the-top is people in this thread becoming offended over commentary on the NFL Network. He's got his opinions, just as you do, prone to error as we all are.

    If you want to refute his points, thats great. It seems to me, though, that some people on this forum lack the ability to construct arguments and are more interesting in attacking people personally. For all of the supposed expertise on this board, it makes me wonder why personal attacks are so commonly mounted on people that are disagreed with.

    Personal attacks in whatever form truly diminish this board. Dukes made a logical point about the question marks the Rams have at WR. Maybe he overplayed his hand, but calling him names doesn't refute his point.

  7. #37
    Azul e Oro is online now Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    CALIFORNIA
    Posts
    2,331
    Rep Power
    71

    Re: I Hate Jamie Dukes...

    Quote Originally Posted by swatter555 View Post
    What I think is a shade over-the-top is people in this thread becoming offended over commentary on the NFL Network. He's got his opinions, just as you do, prone to error as we all are.

    If you want to refute his points, thats great. It seems to me, though, that some people on this forum lack the ability to construct arguments and are more interesting in attacking people personally. For all of the supposed expertise on this board, it makes me wonder why personal attacks are so commonly mounted on people that are disagreed with.

    Personal attacks in whatever form truly diminish this board. Dukes made a logical point about the question marks the Rams have at WR. Maybe he overplayed his hand, but calling him names doesn't refute his point.
    I seem to remember this guy claiming on Inside The NFL last year that Favre deserved the benefit of the doubt /special treatment from the NFL over the sexual harassment brouhaha last year because of his contributions to the game. That kind of stuff makes it hard not to treat him like a fool who deserves to be mocked even when he stumbles on a valid point.Of course it's not kind or even politically correct to mock his weight but when a paid pundit goes out of his way to scornfully diss our FO and players and offers little but weak alternatives/ arguments that ignore stats and specifics of players involved and the overall picture of The Rams , it doesn't surprise me that the attacks get silly in kind. There really is no logic there to attack. Grind whatever axe you want about the conversation on this board but I personally don't see the two as connected.

  8. #38
    r8rh8rmike's Avatar
    r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    29 Palms, Ca.
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,219
    Rep Power
    127

    Re: I Hate Jamie Dukes...

    Quote Originally Posted by swatter555 View Post
    Dukes made a logical point about the question marks the Rams have at WR. Maybe he overplayed his hand, but calling him names doesn't refute his point.
    Dukes laughed at and belittled the Rams and what they have done this off-season in an overtly disrespectful way. He deseves what he got. If you come off as a jerk, expect to be called one.

  9. #39
    swatter555's Avatar
    swatter555 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    484
    Rep Power
    15

    Re: I Hate Jamie Dukes...

    Maybe so, but I just see the use of personal attacks here a little too much. I suppose my expectations for this board are higher than others, which is a good thing.

  10. #40
    r8rh8rmike's Avatar
    r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    29 Palms, Ca.
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,219
    Rep Power
    127

    Re: I Hate Jamie Dukes...

    Quote Originally Posted by swatter555 View Post
    Maybe so, but I just see the use of personal attacks here a little too much. I suppose my expectations for this board are higher than others, which is a good thing.
    I admire your high expectations. Luckily, we have many more personal attacks aimed at outsiders who malign the Rams like Dukes, than we do each other. I don't remember the last time I had to delete a post because of a personal attack on another member. That too is a good thing.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. Jamie Martin
    By Rambos in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: -08-30-2005, 11:15 AM
  2. Jamie Martin was...
    By Bob L. Head in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: -06-03-2004, 12:00 PM
  3. Jamie Duncan
    By rams=nfl1 in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: -03-04-2002, 06:57 PM
  4. Jamie Martin
    By DJRamFan in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -01-25-2002, 02:13 PM
  5. Jamie Martin for QB
    By DODRAM in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: -09-05-2001, 07:49 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •