RebelYell is offline Registered User

I hate to say it but.....

These Rams can go against any team in the NFL and be seriously competitive and if they play their game, they can win. It's been a while since that was true.

It's a nice feeling.

BEER is offline Registered User

Re: I hate to say it but.....

Quote Originally Posted by RebelYell View Post
    These Rams can go against any team in the NFL and be seriously competitive and if they play their game, they can win. It's been a while since that was true.

It's a nice feeling.

Damn right. We should start every thread that way. Go Rams.

Keenum is offline Registered User

They key is if they can play their game. Heck, who is actually the best team in the NFL right now? Jets, Saints, Pittsburgh... they all have their flaws and I don't think there is that one team that you can say "They are no doubt the absolute best team in the league right now."
    Anyway, my point is that I totally agree. If that defense can come out and play as well as they can play they will be able to frustrate any offense, but against elite offenses (like the Colts) they would have to bring their A game every drive to do so.

The Rams are at least at the point where if they play their best, they can compete, and compete well, with the best. Still a ways to go before they can have those "off games" and still pull out a win though, but they are so much ahead of the teams of the past two years!

TekeRam is offline Registered User

First: why do you hate to say that the Rams can compete with any team in the NFL. I vote FAIL on your thread title... unless you're being sarcastic, in which case, yay for you.

Second, I hate to say that we can't quite play against ANY team in the NFL and be competitive, but in the Dome we can definitely compete with most teams. We still have a lot of work to do on competing on the road, and I think that we'd still be stomped by the elite teams, but then again, this year in the NFL there's not a whole lot of elite teams.
    I believe!

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

I agree. Still not sure what happened last week. Rams lead the box score, in all stats except turnovers, and obviously score, and still got blown out. Very weird week for the Rams and the NFL in general. With a score like that, you'd expect the Lions to have led in most if not all categories. So as horrible as last weeks blowout was, to me at least, I don't think the Rams played anywhere near as bad as the final score would make you think. And if one or two plays went the other way vs Oakland and AZ, we're 5-1.

Did you know that besides the Lions FG last week, the Rams have allowed ZERO 1st quarter points? Spags is the real deal, and he is turning our D into something special.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam View Post
    ...I hate to say that we can't quite play against ANY team in the NFL and be competitive, but in the Dome we can definitely compete with most teams. We still have a lot of work to do on competing on the road, and I think that we'd still be stomped by the elite teams, but then again, this year in the NFL there's not a whole lot of elite teams.
    Famous words: We still have a lot of work to do. Right on Teke.

Not that we'd want to burst our own bubble by feeling good and optimistic but ... well, we still have a lot of work to do. I'm hoping the Rams D will get to be more consistent (then I'd be able to forget last week easier), as well as special teams.

Today's Rams defense, a solid B+? Maybe. Nice to have, for sure. Offense ahead of defense still.

RebelYell is offline Registered User

As Keenum said, the Rams can't have an off day and win against most teams but if they play well, I seriously think they can beat every and any team in the NFL. The defense is playing extremely well (that's how you build a long term successful franchise IMO) and they still need 2-3 players in the rebuilding! The offense is adequate.

They have come a long LONG LONG way since last season. Spags is king.

Birdbrain is offline Registered User

The division's up for grabs.Rams got as good shot as anyone.Gotta play all 4 quarters though.Let some slip away late last year.