Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    thermobee is offline Registered User

Re: I have to be honest and say that Avery has...

Quote Originally Posted by ScottD413 View Post
    Letting Holt walk looks even worse now
    I think letting Holt go was part him not wanting to be here, part the new FO not wanting to overpay for a guy on the back end of his career.

ScottD413 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by thermobee View Post
    I think letting Holt go was part him not wanting to be here, part the new FO not wanting to overpay for a guy on the back end of his career.
    I agree. I'm just saying that we could really use him this year

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ScottD413 View Post
    Letting Holt walk looks even worse now
    Just FYI, Robinson has more catches(11) and more yards(141) and more TD's(1) than Holt does in his new home(9, 112, 0).

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Holt is a non-issue. He's at the end of a great career. The Rams need guys who are at the start of their careers.

Avery has elite speed, and had a solid rookie year. So far, he's off to a rough start in his second season. Missing the preseason certainly didn't help, but that's not the whole story.

Still, you can't give up on a guy like Avery at this point.

RebelYell is offline Registered User

Avery was hurt in preseason and missed most of it. This is what you should expect from the kid until he gets back at 100%. They are running a new system which he missed most of the practice with and doesn't have any timing with Bulger. Give the kid a break. If he's doing this at week 8, it's a different story.

Ahmedrams81 is offline Registered User

I agree with you bro, Donnie has been somewhat disappointing. I mean the first play of the year the guy fumbled it lol. Also, that fumble he had in the red zone cost us the game IMO. Avery is a great wide out though and he just needs sometime to develop. Also, we gotta remember that he's not on the best team in the world. Young players need talent around them to develop and sadly, that's not the case for him. Also he was hurt for the preseason so we have to give him some time to get back in his "groove". I think he's going to come out and have an awesome game against GB and redeem himself for the past two weeks.

Side note: Burton and Robinson looked awesome!

RamFan876 is offline Registered User

...been a disappointment compared to DeSean Jackson. I remember watching the draft and was excited when we got to select the first wide receiver off the board. I thought we surely would have taken Jackson but thought that there were behind-the-scenes issues. The last group that ran the show certainly made a lot of wrong choices. I hope Avery is not one of them.

maineram is offline Registered User

Avery may be listed as our number one wideout but Robinson IS our number one based on his play. Heck, Burton had a couple nice catches and showed some potential as our number two yesterday.

All our receivers are young and will make mistakes. Keeping Avery on the field for his speed alone will help to make DB's play honest.

The team is growing up before our eyes, yesterday was a step in the right direction for most of them.

Maineram -
    and out of the ashes rise ...The Breakfast Club !

maineram is offline Registered User

Avery may be listed as our number one wideout but Robinson IS our number one based on his play. Heck, Burton had a couple nice catches and showed some potential as our number two yesterday.

All our receivers are young and will make mistakes. Keeping Avery on the field for his speed alone will help to make DB's play honest.

The team is growing up before our eyes, yesterday was a step in the right direction for most of them.

Maineram -
    and out of the ashes rise ...The Breakfast Club !

Flipper89 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RamFan876 View Post
    ...been a disappointment compared to DeSean Jackson. I remember watching the draft and was excited when we got to select the first wide receiver off the board. I thought we surely would have taken Jackson but thought that there were behind-the-scenes issues. The last group that ran the show certainly made a lot of wrong choices. I hope Avery is not one of them.
    I totally agree with this comment Jackson is becoming a star, while avery has potential to do the same he has regressed so far this year. I guess we'll have to wait and see if the choice to pick avery over jackson was a good move or not.... I believe not.

Ahmedrams81 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Flipper89 View Post
    I totally agree with this comment Jackson is becoming a star, while avery has potential to do the same he has regressed so far this year. I guess we'll have to wait and see if the choice to pick avery over jackson was a good move or not.... I believe not.
    But you have to remember, Jackson is given way more potential to improve because his team is ten time better than our. I think if Avery was on the Eagles offense he might be just as good.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12