Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    rNemesis is offline Registered User

I have a HUGE issue with.....

drafting Sam Bradford and heading into this next season with Feeley starting. What if things dont go well with the O-line this year and the QB gets sacked and hurried alot and then the QB starts making poor decisions and stuff? Then the city will start saying " Well when are they gonna put in Bradford? then he comes in being expected to save the messy situation only to make himself look just as bad and then our multi million dollar franchise QB doesnt look so great and people start doubting.

How would you feel if that was the case?

Or, similarly, if we drafted Suh or G McCoy, and he is expected to come in and help out Long and Carriker, and our pressure on the opposing QB does not improve one bit from last year, how would you feel?

BrokenWing is offline Registered User

Re: I have a HUGE issue with.....

So...we don't draft anyone?

I'd feel the way I do with any rookie we draft. I'd understand that they're a rookie. While I would expect them to do well enough to show that in the next few years they will be what we need them to be, I'm not going to expect them to come out and win leauge MVP.

Also I think expecting Suh to single handedly make our entire defense better is off base entirely.

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

Yup you are exactly right, we should just let the fifteen minutes pass and not take anyone, because no one can live up to expectations of the first round pick.

I actually wonder what the rules are for a team not using their draft pick...not because I don't think we should use ours, but it does make me curious.

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

well Bradford is the riskier pick but with more upside to how he could help our team (due to him being a QB).
    ive read a couple of comments now stating how we shouldnt draft Bradford because of our line (not saying that is exactly what you are saying..)... but our line aint so bad until injuries take their toll and only Setterstrom seemed to be injured every year and he`s gone now so hopefully we wont have too many injuries in the future and our starters will return to being durable players as they have in the past...also i would expect an addition or two on the line before the season starts..plus if we get Bradford he is a lot less pass-rusher friendly than Bulger has been so that will help.

i think whoever we pick at 1st overall is gonna cause a bit of anxiety for some..me personally ,the unknown`s in life excite me so bring it on!

Careful. Last time someone went nuts with the first pick the Raiders selected a kicker..

shower beers is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenWing View Post
    I actually wonder what the rules are for a team not using their draft pick...not because I don't think we should use ours, but it does make me curious.

Well, after the alloted time, the next team is allowed to pick. There was a case a few years back when a team forgot to submit their pick, and a few other teams picked ahead of them. They were running to the podium to get their card in before the other team.

theodus69 Guest

Hard to pass up on who could be the next Reegie White. Take him ,Use the 2nd or 3rd pick and get Vick. This gives you a running QB until the line gets better or Vick becomes a star again. Feeley won't start, he is just here to help make the system easier for whoever does. Feeley could also help Null who has already taken snaps and been put on his ass. Suh=1st, Vick=2nd or 3rd, then a reciever and O-Line then a Running Back(Jackson has been pounded on for years) and more D-line and maybe corner. There you go Draft is done and we go 10 - 6. like the guy from the men's wearhouse says" I garruntee it! "

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

if we go down the Vick route i would be surprised and disappointed..if we gave a 2nd or 3rd for him i would go nuts!!!
    i dont believe for one second Billy D would offer/accept to give any of those picks for him tho. remember with the 1st pick in each round there are gonna be players of the previous rounds quality in each round..especially with this draft class.

01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by theodus69 View Post
    Hard to pass up on who could be the next Reegie White. Take him ,Use the 2nd or 3rd pick and get Vick. This gives you a running QB until the line gets better or Vick becomes a star again. Feeley won't start, he is just here to help make the system easier for whoever does. Feeley could also help Null who has already taken snaps and been put on his ass. Suh=1st, Vick=2nd or 3rd, then a reciever and O-Line then a Running Back(Jackson has been pounded on for years) and more D-line and maybe corner. There you go Draft is done and we go 10 - 6. like the guy from the men's wearhouse says" I garruntee it! "
    First we dont know if Suh will be the next Reggie White. White is probably one of the 5 best player's to ever play at the D-line position. Even if we do draft him let's not hold him to those kinds of standards.

Second, trading a 2nd and 3rd pick for Vick would be embarrassing for this franchise.

Third, no matter who we draft we are probably not going 10-6 next season. Remember it took 2 losing seasons before Vermeil even had a winning season.

Bralidore(RAMMODE) Guest

please for the love of god let the Vick talk die as it has been trying to do for months now....

Anyway, any guy you take has huge risk if your selecting at the top of the draft. You have pick of ANY player in the draft. With that luxury comes the huge pressure of nailing that pick.

If you don't come in an hit a slam dunk with that top pick you'll have people comeing out of the wazoo talking about how bad of a pick that was and they KNEW we should have drafted such and such.

Bradford is the guy is he's healthy because we have no future at the most critical position in football. Defensive Tackles just aren't going to get it done at the top of the draft for us anymore unless we draft our QB.

Once we get Bradford we'll FINALLY be able to select those luxury picks in the draft.

I for one am of the mind the you want your most valuable component secured and squared away, yet I'm also of the mind that if your going to do it...do it right.

That being said Bradford is the guy if all checks out, which all indicates that i will indeed.

Truth is offline Registered User

Personally, I think this draft is quite deep in many positions...except QB. Just because a team might need a new franchise QB, doesn't mean that they'll find what they require in the 1st round of the draft. I'm not really all that thrilled with any of the "top ranked" Qbs this year. However, we have so many holes on both sides of the ball, I think we need to take the best player on the board when we pick. It's not like we can say we couldn't use a great player at any position, even RB (I'm not advocating getting rid of Jackson, just giving him some help and the team some depth).

If it were my choice, I'd take Suh or McCoy. Shore up the D-Line. Get a run stopping guy in the middle that can also pressure the QB. A good D-Line will make our D-Backs better as well. If the D gets better, it will take pressure off of the offense (maybe we won't need to score 3 TD's in the 4th to catch-up). I think there might be a decent QB prospect that falls to the 2nd round. I can see other peoples' points about taking a QB at 1, I just don't feel the same.

I just don't want anymore 1st round picks used on guys that the team feels would be better suited in a different position. If their not good enough to play the position that they played in college, they're not a top 1/2 1st round prospect.

Sorry, I'm rambling. To sum it all up....this years draft deep, except at QB....I'd pick Suh or McCoy (just my opinion)...No more "we think this player will be great in another position" 1st round picks.
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

Bralidore(RAMMODE) Guest

If its thin at the top at QB, it seems all the more reason to not wait before we take one. Not to mention Sam Bradford would have been the top guy LAST Year. Yes he suffered an injury but look at the experience he's gained on the sideline, the added weight, and fresh year he's gotten not being hit playing football.

If the draft is deep, makes sense to wait to pick guys that the draft is particularly deep in, just so happens the arguably deepest position this year is Defensive Tackle.

Ironically, you want us to spend out first pick on a Defensive Tackle in an unusually deep year for that position. Basically, you defeated your own logic and kinda argued in favor for a QB in the first, though I see what you MEANT to say.

AlwaysBackwards is offline Registered User

wouldn't you have a HUGE issue if the rams pass up on Sam Bradford and he ends up being a good QB?

Bing69 is online now Registered User

We've passed on many good QBs in previous drafts. So has every team. I dont think any team is sitting around kicking themselves 'Why oh why didnt we draft Tom Brady??'

We can argue about this all we want. We dont know what the men in charge are thinking. If they want Bradford then fine, if they want Suh then also fine! We need so many positions, its aint gonan make a whole lota difference to our overall standings if we go DT or QB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast