Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    rammiser is offline Registered User

I have a sneaky suspicion

I have a gut feeling that Hasselback is going to start and the Seahawks know it. I feel like they are playing this thing sort of like the Chiefs did with Cassel. He will be written off as the starter untill its game time then out he will trot to start against the Rams. Hopefully the Rams are preparing as if he will be the starter. I just don't see Hasselback sitting this one out. Thats just my gut feeling, what do you guys think?

Just Fix It

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Re: I have a sneaky suspicion

The Rams are preparing for both quarterbacks dont your worry. Also, if he does play, dont forget we beat him the first time. If Whitehurst plays our defense will have a nice load taken off them. I would say huge load but Hasselbeck has been playing very poor this year. Either QB we have to win.

jkramsfan Guest

Quote Originally Posted by rammiser View Post
    I have a gut feeling that Hasselback is going to start and the Seahawks know it. I feel like they are playing this thing sort of like the Chiefs did with Cassel. He will be written off as the starter untill its game time then out he will trot to start against the Rams. Hopefully the Rams are preparing as if he will be the starter. I just don't see Hasselback sitting this one out. Thats just my gut feeling, what do you guys think?
    I agree rammiser,but you know what I don't think it really matters, one good hit from C. Long and he will be right back on the sidelines.

rammiser is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by jkramsfan View Post
    I agree rammiser,but you know what I don't think it really matters, one good hit from C. Long and he will be right back on the sidelines.
    True I'm just nervous i guess. I really want to see this team make the playoffs. After the last few years even though we may not win a playoff game it would be great to see them get some bonus action. Then again you never know what winning the division and the emergence of Alexander can to for Bradford and this offense.
    Just Fix It

Bosna-Ram Guest

There is no doubt that Hass. will start. This is their 2010 season, all in one game. He gives them best chance to win and it would be stupid not to start him. However, this is not that Hasselback that we know, he gets hurt by walking in to the end zone. Couple of hits by Robbins, Hall and Long, and good old Hasselback will be sitting on the sideline watching.

Dwight Frye is offline Registered User

Doesn't matter. Go ahead Pete. Start him. Watch what happens.

If a team won their division seven straight times, that would be a NFL record. Now add on that team did it with seven different QB's in seven straight years,that record is unbeatable. To do that feat, you must of had a great Defense. Jack Youngblood was the captain of that defense.

Nick_Weasel is offline Registered User

Hasselbeck hasn't played that well anyway, and he plays especially poorly when he's under pressure lately. I'm not worried about it in either case.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Frye View Post
    Doesn't matter. Go ahead Pete. Start him. Watch what happens.

That's the right way to look at it. And as others have posted, we've GOT to win so either QB -- Hassle or Whiteknuckles -- will be under the wrath of the Rams.

Do they have a 3rd backup?

sjacksonrules is offline Registered User

It doesnt matter who starts any one of them need to be scared for their lives because there are at least 5 people on the d i can name that will have their number. If your wondering the names, I am sure you will see their face sunday

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Let's not get ahold of ourselves and say our defense will knock out their QBs. We said the same exact thing about Cassel, and he got out of that game basically untouched except for a couple hits.

QUINNtessentialTruth is offline Registered User

I am confident that it doesnt matter who they start. Lets let loose Laurinitis, Long and Hall. Lets Go Rams!! On another note though, Hasselback is done he is too old. He is going to be a backup QB at best starting next year.

bruce4life is offline Registered User

Ya Hasselback is starting for sure. This is their QB and its their playoff game in front of their crowd... No way in hell this guy isn't starting guys...

I do not think that it will matter much due to Hasselback's poor play this season so let the Seahags try and play this coward game their playing with the QB situation. Goes to show you how big of a chicken Pete Carroll really is.

sjacksonrules is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RockinRam View Post
    Let's not get ahold of ourselves and say our defense will knock out their QBs. We said the same exact thing about Cassel, and he got out of that game basically untouched except for a couple hits.

I wasnt talking about injuiring him I was talking about the pete pulling him for charlie.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

The only benefit that the Seahawks gain from starting Hasselbeck is to get the Rams to change the way they defend Hasselbeck vs. Whitehurst. If Charlie plays, you can bet the Rams stack the box and dare him to throw because the guy will be a mess. He has less experince than even Bradford in a big game, and in front of the home crowd, in a game that is for the Division? OMG, he'll wet himself. The Rams will not respect his ability to throw the ball under those circumstances. By forcing the Seahawks into being a one-dimensional team, the Rams will own them.

Now, if Haselbeck starts, even if only to decoy the ability to throw, the Rams will respect that ability and change their style on defense. They may lay back a little more, allowing the running game a little more room. The only downside I see to starting an ailing Hasselbeck is his mobility. He'll be an easy target and the Rams may go after him as well to get him to move out of the pocket.

Personally, I don't think it matters too much who they start at this point. An ailing Hasselbeck, or Charlie (I've got) Whiteknuckles. ( I liked that name, thought I'd borrow it) The Rams should win this one.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RockinRam View Post
    First of all, Seattle is no KC and Hasselbeck is no Cassel. KC went into desperation mode and whooped on us and Titans to secure their playoff spot. That debacle of a game KC had with SD was that any given Sunday. Cassel is one of the NFL's elite QB's and Hasselbeck is on his way out.

Second KC is 5th on less sacks given up throughout the year and Seattle is 20th.

That aside I think we will do great if we can keep our defense off the field.
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast