general counsel Guest

I hereby christen myself as a Faulkite!

I am a Faulkite, bring on the Jacksonites!

All kidding aside, i respect the fact that no one goes on forever. I posted a response to mr elacky a couple of threads ago and stated that the key to faulks future beyond this year is his health, how well jackson does, and probably most importantly, his willingness to take less cap money as his role decreases.

That being said, I think the world of jacksons future and i loved the pick. However, before i am ready to think about making way for him as the annointed one to replace faulk, i would at least like to see him perform on the field in live nfl action (and not preseason either).

As the year progresses and we see how faulks knees hold up, we can commence the debate regarding the future. For now, I dont see how any of us can contend that we are better off right now moving on from faulk and laying the entire load on jackson, who is himself coming off minor knee surgery.

Remember, bulger did go 18-4 before someone decided to waive captain kurt, and then cap money was still a material consideration in the decision to make the move.

Ramming speed to all

general counsel and the Self Appointed Leader of the Faulkites

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Re: I hereby christen myself as a Faulkite!

I am most definitely a Faulkite. Like Kurt Warner, I believe he deserves a shot to show what he does or does not have left in the tank. If he stays healthy, he will be a force. His super human performance at the end of the Carolina game told me all I need to know.

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

I really do want to see what Faulk has left, but if I were a GM and a team offered me a first round pick for Faulk, I would have to strongly consider taking the pick.

Now don't go calling me a Jacksonite just yet....LOL

:redface:

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Of course, Faulk and Jackson are not mutually exclusive.

On the other hand, there are not too many 2 QB formations (although I heard that Spurrier was experimenting with one).

elAcky Guest

I'd like to clarify to myself what the meaning of what an 'ite means.... I think it got skewed somewhere along the way... to me it does not mean that I question what the player has done for the rams, it simply implies that that they have outlived their usefulness and are questionable... the mere fact that faulk is an 'ite highlights that in effect, he has not justified his high salary for too long.... I can see this is going to become the next warnergate i.e. and one side is hanging on in the hope that a 30-something beat up running back will lead a somewhat depleated team to the sb, while the other is more realistic i.e. emotions have been put aside in the realisation that Faulk needs to go to release cap space for the better of the team.... I am definietly for the later (though Faulk is one of my all time favorite ram)... I don't beeive in 'waiting to see if he has got his magic back' type attitute in the salary cap era

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

I'm excited about the potential that Jackson has and hope he lives up to his billing. I do believe Faulk still has plenty left in the tank and if healthy will contribute to the team. He will be a positive influence for the young guys.
    Faulk's football knowledge is a great attribute. I personally think he should be the offensive captian. But that's JMO!
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

RamWraith is offline Registered User

I'm ready for Jackson. I want to see what he is going to be bring to the table. What really erks me the though is why Martz hasn't and will not go to a 2 back set. We have had the talent to do that. I could see the Wishbone with Faulk/Canidate, Faulk/Gordan or Faulk/Jackson. Talk about saving the legs of Faulk. You also have the recieving threat out of the backfield, best of both worlds. Ah hell, what do I know ;-)

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

I was wondering Ram W....How do you see Candidate reappearing in to the mix?

GO RAMMS!!!!!!!!!! :disappoin

RamWraith is offline Registered User

I was talking past tense with him, and what could have been over the years :-(

general counsel Guest

Mr. ElAcky, I am not suggesting blind faith here and i agree with you that in the cap era, the past is the past. However, cutting faulk now doesnt help anything since there is nothing to do with the money you would save (ie there arent players to spend it on at this point), even if his salary is currently higher than his production, may indeed be the case.

My point is that the issue will come up next year once we see if jackson can really produce at the nfl level and IF faulk will take a pay cut. I am not disagreeing that at $7 million plus dollars in 2005 if jackson shows he can play at the nfl level this year there wont be a decision to make. However, based on what faulk has said in interviews, IF he was willing to take less money, i dont see the rush to get rid of him.

contribution has to equal cap dollars to be successful. Until you know what the cap dollars will be and how healthy he is, its very hard to judge.

general counsel

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Faulk's value extends beyond statistics. He has more off-the-field, in-the-locker-room, sage wisdom value than anyone on the team except maybe Aeneas and Ike. Hard to put a price tag on that.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod