Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    ramstiles is offline Registered User

Re: I hereby establish S.L.O.P. (Who will join me?)

good job we got an offensive coach that could keep the offense ticking along

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16 View Post
    Who doesn't want a coach to take a team straight to contention?

Everyone does but without the pieces to the puzzle in place and without time you can't. Thats why I don't think in the history of the NFL there hasn't been any or many coaches that do it.
    Actually, there have been plenty. Even this year, the Saints and Jets have improved significantly under new Head Coaches.

If you want to believe that this team has no talent, fine. I disagree. This team has enough talent that it should not be in a five game losing streak. It shouldn't be losing games because of moronic 4th down calls, horrible run/pass ratios and the like.

tanus is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16 View Post
    Who doesn't want a coach to take a team straight to contention?

Everyone does but without the pieces to the puzzle in place and without time you can't. Thats why I don't think in the history of the NFL there hasn't been any or many coaches that do it.
    Why does he get a free pass because he is a rookie head coach? He has been around football long enough to know what he is doing.

As for the pieces of the puzzle. Look at his draft. He dug his own grave.

Didn't address the OL, traded away our only proven TE to rely on rookie pass catching TE's to block. Did we really even address the LB position? You could make a case for Alston, I guess.

It's funny, people criticized Martz for falling in love with his toys. When do we get to bash ****ehan for falling in love with his TEs that he doesnt even use? (Note: This isnt directed at you RF16. This is my tangent, lol)

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

if this had been Martz with a pass/run ratio of 34-8,we would be stringing him up by his grapefruits,so Linehan deserves equal punishment.oh, wait a minute i forgot that was Mad Mike who did that, so why the hell did we get rid of him only to have this guy do the same thing ?

SFCRamFan is offline Registered User

I am no longer confident in Linescam, at all. If the front office keeps him around for next year, and I believe that they will (cooler heads will prevail), then he must have help in choosing his offensive assistants and hand over the playcalling duties to someone else. He has proven himself unable to put together a staff that can utilize the talent on hand or put together a game plan that can set this team in a position for success...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SJax, a developing quarterbacks best friend...

SavageRam is offline Registered User

Patience!

It's way, way, WAY to early to abandon a head coach that's trying to rebuild this team, especially the d.

You simply can not swap out a head coach every year and expect a team to acquire an identity and improve and compete in the NFL.

I agree Linehan called a terribly (Martzonian) game today. But I expected this kind of thing would happen at some if not several point(s) this season.

AR, maybe it was the fast start confusing you now, but I think your expectations for this season where way too high, especially now after the injuries sustained to the OL. And you're only 38 for heaven sakes. You can afford to be more patient than I...

Dr. Defense is offline Registered User

As a split unit from this I'm creating the R.H.C.D.C (Rams Hiring Chicago's Defensive Coordinator) all of you are welcomed to join this too. Pick the right guy...................the guy we should have hired in the first place.

Oh, and I'm also starting the H.M.M.F.O.C.E.R.B. (Hiring Mike Martz for Offensive Coordinator Except he Runs the Ball)

Its not the losing that gets to me... its the way we're losing.

If you line up every week and simply get beat, that's one thing. But I truly believe this team is better than what we see on the field. I think there's enough talent that this team should be better.

I never thought 4-1 would turn into 12-4. But I also never thought this team would lose 5 in a row.

Linehan has done nothing this year that indicates to me that he's Head Coach material. Remember, he's never been a HC before, so he has no track record.

I think the Rams deserve better.

BigGameMN is offline Registered User

This team certainly has more talent then the Saints or Jets, and their rookie head coaches are doing a far better job IMO. Even when those teams lose, they show fight, hunger, fire. I'm not seeing that this year. And am I the only one who saw Holt laughing and joking after his fumble? What was that about? Maybe I saw it wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Its not the losing that gets to me... its the way we're losing.

If you line up every week and simply get beat, that's one thing. But I truly believe this team is better than what we see on the field. I think there's enough talent that this team should be better.

I never thought 4-1 would turn into 12-4. But I also never thought this team would lose 5 in a row.

Linehan has done nothing this year that indicates to me that he's Head Coach material. Remember, he's never been a HC before, so he has no track record.

I think the Rams deserve better.
    Avenger, i agree with you,although it may be a little to early to totally beat down Linehan,but he is not showing me anything that makes me think he can turn this around

Let's put it this way...

Assume that there was someone else available this offseason who is "camera ready."

Maybe its a Ron Rivera...

Maybe a guy like Bob Stoops finally deciding to make the jump...

Why give Linehan "time to grow"? So we can look back in two or three years and say, "Man, that was a mistake!"

Who knows... maybe I'm wrong. Maybe the Rams will show some life in the final six weeks and next year it will all come together under Linehan.

I just don't see it right now.

All I see is 42 passes and 8 runs.

All I see is a team that should be in the playoff hunt sinking fast.

All I see are errors that are obvious even to someone like me - who never coached football at any level!

If I'm wrong, I'll admit it (and I'll be happy to be wrong). But right now, I just don't see why we hired this guy.

yea,with the NFC being mediocre at best and with all those 5-5 teams or worse we could have made the playoffs and done some damage had this guy been as good as advertised, i think we were better last year.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

I'll join S.L.O.P.

I see us heading the wrong way with Linehan at the helm and Haslett is not doing anything to help the team out either.

The coaching staff is losing, or has lost the players. At some point they have to just go out and play and not care about the end results of the game. I would say they have reached that point of the season under Linehan. Tis a sad season indeed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

BigGameHolt is offline Registered User

im usually pretty conservative but the SLOP party sounds fine for me, can i be the chairman of our caucus to discuss our season going down the drain and how san fran is playing so much better than a team with so much more talent..
    :clanram: BIG GAME Holt

tanus is offline Registered User

Positions so far...

President -- RamDez
    CEO -- tanus
    Chairman of the Board -- AvengerRam
    Vice President -- UtterBlitz

You want a position? Just apply!!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast