Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    tanus is offline Registered User

Re: I hereby establish S.L.O.P. (Who will join me?)

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I have no problem with Linehan drafting Klop. The Byrd pick is questionable. But to call Manumaleuna a "proven TE" has to be the most liberal use of the word proven I've ever seen.

This is a very fair point. It's not like we can look back at Miami and Minnesota to get a completely accurate view of his past because he was just a coordinator in both places.

This is his first outing as a head coach, and early indications are not positive. Can he turn it around? We'll never know if we kick him to the curb after 10 games.
    Nick, considering how well and how much Manumaleuna is playing in San Diego I think proven is a suitable word for him. IMO, we should have held on to him if only for his blocking ability, which he is doing very well in San Diego. I even made a thread on one of their boards and all of their fans are very happy with his blocking.

http://mb4.scout.com/fchargersupdate...cID=9281.topic

LDJOHN55 is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGameMN View Post
    Terrible, Terrible game calling from Linehan. The panthers just geared up and came after Bulger all day, they never gave any thought to the run, and why would they? Yes, the S.L.O.P. could be the party I'm looking for.
    Please have the Secretary Fed-Ex me a membership package before I hurt my dog. I'm ready to sign up yesterday.

Zero points today people!!!

Who is the Offensive Sloordinator for the Rams? Is Scott Lendhimahand calling the plays or is it Pee-Wee Freakin' Herman?

Why doesn't Bulger get rid of the ball faster? Where was the imagination in running the ball?

Somebody help me understand before I implode.

Quote Originally Posted by BigGameMN View Post
    This team certainly has more talent then the Saints or Jets, and their rookie head coaches are doing a far better job IMO. Even when those teams lose, they show fight, hunger, fire. I'm not seeing that this year. And am I the only one who saw Holt laughing and joking after his fumble? What was that about? Maybe I saw it wrong?

I know Big Game likes to show his smile, but I'd like to see a look of more concentration. Every time I bring up the idea that Big Game isn't putting out 100%, I get slammed on it. Other than Randy Moss, all of the other premier WRs I see are full of fire, fight, and hunger for the ball. I see hustle in I. Bruce, but Big Game Holt is slacking off. He's a much, much better player than what he's providing lately.

Where is the Rams downfield game? Did Captain Kirk turn over the helm to Mr. Check-off?

Quote Originally Posted by ImJohnWayne View Post
    Linehan is completely negating any offensive talent we have with ridiculous play calling.

Also, I want to add that I am worried about Linehan tearing into the core of this team in an effort to transition it into "his" offense. I'm not sure how likely it is, but he is so stubborn in his playcalling he might just make some big name trades to get players that fit "his" offense instead of changing his offense to fit our players.
    As I look around the league at ex-Rams, I see that they're on contending teams that are fired up. Are we in jeopardy of pushing players off our team with knucklehead leadership like the last 5 games?

Bulger was sacked 7 times today. How long does it take a HC to figure it out? Is he trying to rid the team of Bulger through injury? Will someone with a brighter mind please tell me what's this fool trying to do?

He didnt' win the 1st 4 games with any authority.
    Last edited by Nick; -11-19-2006 at 11:08 PM. Reason: Merging back to back posts, use EDIT feature for multiple responses

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by tanus View Post
    Nick, considering how well and how much Manumaleuna is playing in San Diego I think proven is a suitable word for him.
    I personally don't think 12 catches for 58 yards and 3 TDs is any more proven than anything he did for us, but maybe that's just me. At this point I would have rather kept him than drafted Byrd, but Brandon wasn't exactly being great about the situation. It's as if he took it personally that the Rams wanted (read: needed) an upgrade at tight end and wanted to make him a back-up.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

LA2STL is offline Registered User

Personally I would not give Linehan more than one season to prove himself. Only established winning coaches get that privilege in my book; coaches like Vermiel, "The Tuna" or Schottenhimer. Linehan must go if we finish with a losing record, and he can take Haslett with him. They are wasting too much talent on this Rams team.

bigredman Guest

OK, OK, OK...lets settle down boys and gals. Linehan is a good coach. What will prove to me if he's a head coach is what his next move is. He's going to have to fire some assistants and replace them with someone other than his buddies. He also has to get over thinking he's God's gift of offensive coordinators. Linehan is suffering from Martz syndrome (reading and believing all the press clipping calling him an offensive genius before the season began). Stop unilaterally making the offensive game plan and calling the plays as head coach! It didn't work with Martz, it isn't going to work now. Changes? I would start with the offensive coordinator. He's nothing but an unproven friend filling a spot as "talent evaluator". Kick some butt on the offensive and defensive lines. Either you improve significantly or I'm starting the guy under you. Also, I'd continue using Bulger, but I'd have a sharp eye out for another QB next year. Marc is not going to take us to the Super Bowl. Shop Marc around for trade at the end of the season. We need a QB that can grow a set and change the plays at the line and show some leadership qualities like getting fired up on and off the field, audibles more than once or twice a game, and make some plays that inspire others (when's the last time you went "Wow" in response to a play Bulger made?).
    Now don't rush all at once, one at a time with your responses.

Quote Originally Posted by LA2STL View Post
    Personally I would not give Linehan more than one season to prove himself. Only established winning coaches get that privilege in my book; coaches like Vermiel, "The Tuna" or Schottenhimer. Linehan must go if we finish with a losing record, and he can take Haslett with him. They are wasting too much talent on this Rams team.
    So only established coaches who have tons of experience coaching get the benefit of a few seasons to get it right, but rookie coaches who are still figuring things out themselves have a very minimal window to get things done?

This sounds pretty backwards to me.

denverram is offline Registered User

Sign me up for the S.L.O.P. Slop, like how the Rams play.

I said it last week guys. This team is BAD. It looks alot like A Martz team. They are not ready to play mentally.

Living in Denver I have to follow the games on the net (sorry I am digital cable...no NFL ticket...Which is probably a good thing at this point.) So I just see the results of the play but I still know when a play is a big play and we do not make them, on Offense, Defense or Special Teams.

Our front office has disaster for years. They stumbled into Marshall Faulk and Kurt Warner. Isaac Bruce was the nut a blind Squirrel found and "Big Smile" Holt has no heart!!! Ever since Carroll was pushed off the boat by Georgia it has been an extended episode of the show COACH with Craig T Nelson.

Reading the Post on the net I understood that Big Game and Isaac were looking forward to watching Key and Steve Smith today. BUY A TICKET!!! You should be doing something to help this team win and figure out why we can not score a point. People used to watch you guys.

The hole team needs an infusion of HEART!!! No matter who the coach is.

0 pts. I can not believe that.

DenverRam

GO San Diego Super Chargers

BigGameMN Guest

Quote Originally Posted by denverram View Post
    Ever since Carroll was pushed off the boat by Georgia it has been an extended episode of the show COACH with Craig T Nelson.
    Don't go dissing Hayden Fox. He led the Minnesota State Screeeeeaming Eagles to a National Championship. And THEN led the Orlando Breakers to a SuperBowl victory. Heh, I just bought the 1st season of Coach on EBAY the other day and I really love that show.

tanus is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I personally don't think 12 catches for 58 yards and 3 TDs is any more proven than anything he did for us, but maybe that's just me. At this point I would have rather kept him than drafted Byrd, but Brandon wasn't exactly being great about the situation. It's as if he took it personally that the Rams wanted (read: needed) an upgrade at tight end and wanted to make him a back-up.
    Nick, if you want receiving production out of the TE position that is fair and valid. However, with our WRs, I don't think it is necessary. Our TEs main priority should be blocking, imo. That's why I think trading Manu was a mistake. He is blocking up a storm in SD and doing fairly well when called upon to catch the rock.

Now, I don't know enough about the situation between Linehan and Manu. I don't recall Manu ever being a problem with Martz but I could be wrong about that.
    Last edited by tanus; -11-20-2006 at 02:05 AM. Reason: spelling

ramsbruce is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by denverram View Post
    "Big Smile" Holt has no heart!!!
    So because Holt smiles a lot he has no heart? You saw him on the sideline approx 2-3 mins after his fumble for 2 or 3 seconds smiling (because he is always smiling) talking to a teammate. How is that having no heart? TV and or highlights don't show you everything. Do you want him to go and sulk and stew about it on the bench like Moss, or do you want him to rant and rave like T.O. or Chad Johnson? Is that heart? I don't think it is. Holt obviously tries to put the bad plays behind him moves on and does not let it effect him for the rest of the game.

Did he show no heart last year when he played hurt? Did he show no heart when he made the great catch in the Hawk game that almost won it for us? If we can't keep Bulger upright there is nothing else Holt can do.

Was it Holt's fault that Bulger was on his back most of the day, and we didn't establish a run game so it was easy for the Panthers to tee off on Bulger?

Nobody was complaining about Holt smiling and having no heart when we were winning, but now we have a stretch of bad games and Holt has no heart. Wow.
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    Tre was running great against an awful NYG run defense. 5.8 YPC yet he only gets 13 carries. I can't wait until the Rams abandon you, Schotty.

Quote Originally Posted by tanus View Post
    Nick, if you want receiving production out of the TE position that is fair and valid. However, with our WRs, I don't think it is necessary. Our TEs main priority should be blocking, imo. That's why I think trading Manu was a mistake. He is blocking up a storm in SD and doing fairly well when called upon to catch the rock.

Now, I don't know enough about the situation between Linehan and Manu. I don't recall Manu ever being a problem with Martz but I could be wrong about that.
    Well he wasn't blocking up a storm here in St. Louis when we needed him to. As I recall, he was inconsistent as a run blocker for the Rams. So any improvement in that area is likely the result of a change of scenery. And yes, I do want receiving production out of the TE position because I believe it would provide a great deal of help for us in the red zone where you need a bigger target. As for Manu being a problem with Martz, I don't know if there was ever any actual conflict, but let's not forget Manu lost his job to Roland Williams in 2005.

Kane Guest

I can certainly sympathise with SLOP. Personally, I'm prepared to wait until teh end of the season. The minimum that should keep Linehan in his job after one season is to beat last year's record, IE to go 7-9. My personal view is that 9-7 should have been achievable with this team.

There must be a better performance against the *****. We risk finishing third or even last in our own divison! We kissed the playoffs good-bye yesterday.

Kane Guest

Interesting. Why did forty-niners (written with two digits at the start) get converted to a set of asterisks?

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Kane View Post
    Interesting. Why did forty-niners (written with two digits at the start) get converted to a set of asterisks?
    It is just a little programming magic from Dez. ***** is considered a bad word here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MikeB1603 is offline Registered User

I can't believe all these knowledgable football fans are putting a guy's head on the stake after only 10 games of his first season. I was just looking at ESPN.com's coach approval ratings and I see Mike Nolan at the top and Scott Linehan and the bottom. I seem to remember Nolan being on the bottom of that list for a long time with the ***** posting losses on their record. It's a very hard time right now for Linehan. In my opinion he will sometime in his life be known as a quality, or possibly great, head coach in the NFL. The question right now will be if he can overcome all the criticism he is recieving right now and stick to his guns to make the team he wants. I am concerned that he might not be able to do it being such a young guy. He might not be able to take all the heat he is getting and try to make quick changes that will in the longrun end up hurting the franchise. But you know what, I am sure that giving him very little support as fans will help the cause of the team, so lets bash our chief and make it impossible for him to succeed!!!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast