Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 90
  1. #61
    UtterBlitz's Avatar
    UtterBlitz is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    3,439
    Rep Power
    40

    Re: I hereby establish S.L.O.P. (Who will join me?)

    psssst.....hey Mike this is a message board for the fans. Do you really think that the coaches are in here looking for advice and fan review?

    Let's not over value this board and it's impact in the football world, alright.

    I have no problem slaming the coach right now because he is doing a horrible job and he should not be put in a safe house because he is a rookie HC. Can he stand up to the pressure? Will he revert back to his old ways and put in Frerrote? or will he adjust his offensive calling to bring out the talent on this team? Does he even look at the defense or special teams?

    I have a lot of questions about Linehan and his ability to handle pressure. Fan pressure and support is just one piece of it. Does he have the players support is a bigger question.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  2. #62
    MikeB1603 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    181
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: I hereby establish S.L.O.P. (Who will join me?)

    Quote Originally Posted by UtterBlitz View Post
    psssst.....hey Mike this is a message board for the fans. Do you really think that the coaches are in here looking for advice and fan review?

    Let's not over value this board and it's impact in the football world, alright.
    You would probably be very surprised then on how many players, coaches, owners, etc. do take a look at this forum. Whether or not it was meant to be it is probably known as a top site for the St. Louis Rams. It may be once a year, it may be once a month, it may be one day a week, it could very well be everyday for some rookie or a very fanatic person involved in the organization. And this word spreads a long way (I guarantee mention of this site has happened on the practice field). It may have no affect on anything but I believe it could help.

  3. #63
    UtterBlitz's Avatar
    UtterBlitz is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    3,439
    Rep Power
    40

    Re: I hereby establish S.L.O.P. (Who will join me?)

    You may be right Mike. Nothing is impossible.

    I still think that bringing out Linehan's weeknesses and discussing them can be a positive thing. The players and the assistant coaches would be politically incorrect by saying anything negative about their new coach. They are on the team. They can not speak out.

    We can speak out here and if Coach Linehan gets the message, maybe it will make a difference. Who knows...it is a possibility.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  4. #64
    laram0's Avatar
    laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Age
    57
    Posts
    9,083
    Rep Power
    106

    Re: I hereby establish S.L.O.P. (Who will join me?)

    Quote Originally Posted by jkramsfan View Post
    since i am in the food industry,can i be food and beverage manager, i will make sure we always have a full supply of multiply brands of beer and plenty of ribs,nachos,subs and ben & jerrys for our meetings.
    EXECUTIONER for me please

    I would like to be the one that flips the electrical switch or administers the needle. Not sure which way we are going with the execution yet.:x
    Last edited by laram0; -11-20-2006 at 10:18 AM.

  5. #65
    LDJOHN55's Avatar
    LDJOHN55 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    270
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: I hereby establish S.L.O.P. (Who will join me?)

    Quote Originally Posted by bigredman View Post
    Also, I'd continue using Bulger, but I'd have a sharp eye out for another QB next year. Marc is not going to take us to the Super Bowl. Shop Marc around for trade at the end of the season. We need a QB that can grow a set and change the plays at the line and show some leadership qualities like getting fired up on and off the field, audibles more than once or twice a game, and make some plays that inspire others (when's the last time you went "Wow" in response to a play Bulger made?).
    Now don't rush all at once, one at a time with your responses.
    BigRedman, my thoughts exactly. Bulger isn't going to lead a team anywhere except in the statistics book for getting sacked. At what year of playing does a QB figure it out that it's OK to throw away the ball? He's a deer in the headlights.

    How many others saw the safety coming? 'Wow factor' = (-999).

    "Save the cheerleader; save the world."

  6. #66
    AvengerRam's Avatar
    AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Longwood, Florida, United States
    Age
    46
    Posts
    17,999
    Rep Power
    163

    Re: I hereby establish S.L.O.P. (Who will join me?)

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeB1603 View Post
    I can't believe all these knowledgable football fans are putting a guy's head on the stake after only 10 games of his first season.
    You have to understand, SLOP isn't just about getting rid of Linehan. Its about voicing our strong disapproval of his performance. If Linehan can prove us wrong and show that he truly knows what he is doing, I'll be the first one to say that SLOP should be dissolved.

    But, right now, I feel like we need to be vocal. I don't want to look back years from now and feel like we wasted the prime of the careers of guys like Holt, Pace, Little, Pisa, Witherspoon, Jackson, Bulger and others because the team hired a coach on "potential" that never panned out (See Rich Brooks).

    So, if Scott Linehan is reading this (I'm quite sure he isn't, but if he were...) I would say to him - take this as a challenge. Prove us wrong! Make us look foolish for starting SLOP at this time!

    Nothing would make me happpier to be wrong about this.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Glenrothes, SCOTLAND
    Posts
    9,963
    Rep Power
    20

    Re: I hereby establish S.L.O.P. (Who will join me?)

    I know that Ram players and coaches frequent this board.

    But thats not stopping us saying how we feel, is it? I for one am having a hard time with the HC and his play calling. Maybe he is getting overwhelmed by the responcibility of it all but heck, he stood up and accepted the big bucks, so he takes the flack.
    The offencive tallent that this team has, even with a banged up O Line, does not merrit a ZERO points game. The play calling was terrible and it looked to me like the players thought the same.


  8. #68
    RamFan_Til_I_Die's Avatar
    RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Age
    37
    Posts
    2,126
    Rep Power
    66

    Re: I hereby establish S.L.O.P. (Who will join me?)

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeB1603 View Post
    I can't believe all these knowledgable football fans are putting a guy's head on the stake after only 10 games of his first season. I was just looking at ESPN.com's coach approval ratings and I see Mike Nolan at the top and Scott Linehan and the bottom. I seem to remember Nolan being on the bottom of that list for a long time with the ***** posting losses on their record. It's a very hard time right now for Linehan. In my opinion he will sometime in his life be known as a quality, or possibly great, head coach in the NFL. The question right now will be if he can overcome all the criticism he is recieving right now and stick to his guns to make the team he wants. I am concerned that he might not be able to do it being such a young guy. He might not be able to take all the heat he is getting and try to make quick changes that will in the longrun end up hurting the franchise. But you know what, I am sure that giving him very little support as fans will help the cause of the team, so lets bash our chief and make it impossible for him to succeed!!!
    Yes, let's give him a free pass because he's new...NOT! If you can't take the heat, get your azz out of the kitchen! If he's as sensitive as you say, maybe he should start selling cotton candy in the stands instead of coaching the team.

    Now I do truly think he deserves the rest of this year and next year to get things going in the right direction. If at this point next season he is still performing this way, OFF WITH HIS HEAD!

  9. #69
    brawleyramfan's Avatar
    brawleyramfan is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    39
    Rep Power
    0
    I hate to say it, but I told you so !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Linehan sucks !!!!!!!!!

    Rivera should have been the man, Defensive minded coaches usually do well.
    Last edited by Nick; -11-20-2006 at 07:35 PM. Reason: Merging

  10. #70
    denverram's Avatar
    denverram is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Denver Co
    Age
    48
    Posts
    170
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: I hereby establish S.L.O.P. (Who will join me?)

    Bruce,

    Torry Holt, along with the rest of the Rams have shown no heart. They did not show it last year and they have not shown it this year. I understand he played hurt last year and I applaud him for that. However they did not make big plays last year and they are not making big plays this year.

    A player with heart is not always a great player. Marshall Faulk had heart, Grant Wistrom had heart, Mike Jones had heart. These are players who will stand up when things are tight and make the plays that decide a game.

    WE DO NOT have those players on our roster now.

    Torry is a great player but he has never demonstrated that he will stand up and say We will win this game and give me the ball to do it.

    DenverRam

  11. #71
    RamFan_Til_I_Die's Avatar
    RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Age
    37
    Posts
    2,126
    Rep Power
    66

    Re: I hereby establish S.L.O.P. (Who will join me?)

    Quote Originally Posted by denverram View Post
    Bruce,

    Torry Holt, along with the rest of the Rams have shown no heart. They did not show it last year and they have not shown it this year. I understand he played hurt last year and I applaud him for that. However they did not make big plays last year and they are not making big plays this year.

    A player with heart is not always a great player. Marshall Faulk had heart, Grant Wistrom had heart, Mike Jones had heart. These are players who will stand up when things are tight and make the plays that decide a game.

    WE DO NOT have those players on our roster now.

    Torry is a great player but he has never demonstrated that he will stand up and say We will win this game and give me the ball to do it.

    DenverRam
    I beg to differ, Jackson says these type of things quite often and gets labeled arrogant by too many around here. I guarantee if we had run the ball with Jackson 20 more times wew would have won this game. He has more vocal fire and passion and drive on and off the field than any Ram has in a long time.

    Bruce has heart more than you could ever believe. You NEVER see Bruce drop passes like he did on Sunday. He is our guaranteed catch usually. Watch him play and tell me after taking hit after hit over the middle and jumping right back up to do it again that he doesn't have heart. Just because he's not vocal about it in the media, the entire NFL knows few have more heart than Bruce.

    You can't blame poor play calling and not getting the ball in the right people's hands lack of heart. It's called bad coaching.

  12. #72
    denverram's Avatar
    denverram is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Denver Co
    Age
    48
    Posts
    170
    Rep Power
    12
    I stand corrected Isaac does have heart. Unfortunately, was not able play the entire game from what I understand. My only problem with Jackson, and he has proven it this year, was that he had not produced.

    He has produced this year and he could be emerging into the type of player we need but he is not their yet.

    DenverRam.

    As an add to my last post. The touchdown by Jackson last week in the 4th QTR is what I mean by heart. A guy who just will not let his team lose.
    Last edited by Nick; -11-20-2006 at 07:36 PM. Reason: Merging posts

  13. #73
    Varg6's Avatar
    Varg6 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    3,593
    Rep Power
    42

    Re: I hereby establish S.L.O.P. (Who will join me?)

    The awful fact about Linehan is...


    This can go either way.

    He may be one of the best coaches of all time with us in a few years, or he may stay the same and be...awful.

    This is what upsets me the most, I want to give him more time, but its hard to say if he can make up for what he's done thus far. I DO have promise with this guy simply because of the draft, we had a very good draft, and it shows that he's a smart guy, and hopefully will eventually do better as a HC


    Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

  14. #74
    jkramsfan's Avatar
    jkramsfan is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Destin,Fl.
    Age
    49
    Posts
    3,507
    Rep Power
    43

    Re: I hereby establish S.L.O.P. (Who will join me?)

    Quote Originally Posted by BigGameMN View Post
    Don't go dissing Hayden Fox. He led the Minnesota State Screeeeeaming Eagles to a National Championship. And THEN led the Orlando Breakers to a SuperBowl victory. Heh, I just bought the 1st season of Coach on EBAY the other day and I really love that show.
    hey i love that show also, i bought the first season 2 months ago, you will really enjoy it, i'm hoping to get the next 2 sets for christmas.

  15. #75
    tanus is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    535
    Rep Power
    11

    Re: I hereby establish S.L.O.P. (Who will join me?)

    Quote Originally Posted by Varg6 View Post
    The awful fact about Linehan is...


    This can go either way.

    He may be one of the best coaches of all time with us in a few years, or he may stay the same and be...awful.

    This is what upsets me the most, I want to give him more time, but its hard to say if he can make up for what he's done thus far. I DO have promise with this guy simply because of the draft, we had a very good draft, and it shows that he's a smart guy, and hopefully will eventually do better as a HC
    Just curious, how can you say we had a very good draft? It seems decent as best so far. It has the potential to be good, but it has a long ways to go until it gets there imo.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •