Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    rammiser is offline Registered User

Re: I hereby establish S.L.O.P. (Who will join me?)

I agree with Avenger to a point. I mean this is the NFL shouldnt you be prepared for your opponent in every way? I kept telling my Dad why are we passing every down only being down 10-0? Then we finally give the ball to Jackson he gets 8 yds on first down and then guess what we pass on 2nd and 3rd and punt it away. He is a new coach but being prepared should be something that comes with the territory. I can put up with him not kicking the fg last week but 8 runs, you have got to be kidding me. Our defense kept us in the game for 4qtrs yet we had more sack yds and penalty yds than anything else. There is no reason ever to only have eight runs unless your getting blown out which we never were.

Just Fix It

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamFan_Til_I_Die View Post
    I beg to differ, Jackson says these type of things quite often and gets labeled arrogant by too many around here. I guarantee if we had run the ball with Jackson 20 more times wew would have won this game. He has more vocal fire and passion and drive on and off the field than any Ram has in a long time.

Bruce has heart more than you could ever believe. You NEVER see Bruce drop passes like he did on Sunday. He is our guaranteed catch usually. Watch him play and tell me after taking hit after hit over the middle and jumping right back up to do it again that he doesn't have heart. Just because he's not vocal about it in the media, the entire NFL knows few have more heart than Bruce.

You can't blame poor play calling and not getting the ball in the right people's hands lack of heart. It's called bad coaching.
    I agree, this is my point and RFTID said it best. denverram I saw a lot of heart out of the Rams last year, Bulger got hurt, came back to early and got hurt again. Bruce had turf toe and tired to play through it and he just couldn't do it, Holt also played injured last year. This year I see Jackson carrying the team. Sure Holt has had a couple of bad games and yesterday so did Bruce (he also got injured), but when you can't keep Bulger upright what more can they do? The playcalling has been horrible, not running Jackson or anybody yesterday for that matter was ridiculous and put Bulger out there as a sitting duck.

Jackson is vocal like RFTID said and now he's backing it up, but at first he was viewed as arrogant and somewhat rightly so. Bulger, Bruce and Holt aren't vocal and NEVER have been but they have produced year in and year out as best they can. How about Bruce last week diving over a pile to go to the aid of Jackson, same with Incognito. The guys have the heart, but if the playcalling can't put them into a position to produce, what else can they do?

You are asking Torry to come out and be brash and say I will do this and we will win, he isn't that type of guy and never has been, that doesn't mean he doesn't have heart. I like Torry the way he is, I don't want to hear a Roy Williams guarantee, or a Chad Johnson I will score 3 times and do a dance crap. Saying that stuff doesn't mean squat, and that's exactly why Holt doesn't do it, it's foolish. He plays his game and obviously has been one of the top WRs in the game for years, now if we can't give Bulger time to throw and get some rhythm going, and we can't get some balance in the playcalling nobody on the Rams will succeed.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

maineram is offline Registered User

It was the white pants !!!!!

Seriously, as disappointing as this season has been with the latest bad streak, I cannot join the SLOP. For me going into the season I had doubts about the offensive line protecting Bulger and opening holes for Jackson. McCollum going down against Denver and Terrell taking himself out of the mix my suspicions about the line dropped to an all time low. Incognito has done an exceptional job filling in at center, and Barron is coming along is a more than adaquate RT, but there has been little help elsewhere for blocking including Klop.
    I'm not throwing Linehan under the bus for his growing pains, learning to be an NFL headcoach. Any new coach has a steep learning curve and must prove they can handle adjusting to the ups & downs of a full season. Give the man time. We need better talent in a lot of areas, probably assistant coaches too. It's been 10 games and we've been in most of them till the end.

Sitting home EVERY WEEKEND to watch my Rams on TV is very fustrating seeing them lose, easpecially this past week. But I'm still with the coach and stand behind him.

We need more talent in the trenches to really do anything, and it wil take another year maybe two.

Maineram -
    and out of the ashes rise ...The Breakfast Club !

blood85 is offline Registered User

give the guy a chance, yes he has made his mistakes, but the "players" still have to make plays, for example, hmmmm, like , oh I don't know, maybe the defense stopping people from rushing over 100 yards on us, on a regular basis...

rammiser is offline Registered User

If you call last year winning then I guess. We dont need Martz scheme to be a good offense we need a good offensive line and a coach that will mix in the run more than 8 times to 42 passes. I see a problem with only running 8 times in a game where our qb is getting killed by the blitz.
    Just Fix It

MikeB1603 is online now Registered User

I don't buy the players having no heart. Witherspoon, Pisa, Chavous have all shown heart on defense and so have others. From what I have been watching it is either bad coaching or lack of talent compared to other teams that is the reason for losing. And considering that we were able to win 4 of our first 5 games shows that we had good coaching preperation to beat superior teams that just weren't able to execute good players into good playing (I believe that incredible turnover ratio we once had was a direct indicator of coaching prep). But after five-six weeks, most every team will have established themselves somehow and talent will win more than coaching will.
    Last edited by MikeB1603; -11-21-2006 at 12:46 AM.

ImJohnWayne is offline Awaiting Email Conformation

Might be a matter of perspective... Some view it as one mistake. I view it as making the same mistake over and over for 3 hours. Haslett had his moments too, but the result leaves little room for criticism.

laram0 is online now Superbowl MVP

Felt the need to bring this thread back into action.

So how many games are we going to allow Spags before his opposition party comes into play? S S O P.

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Not really the same situation, though.

I never had any confidence in Line#@&. To me, he always appeared to be an unqualified puppet for Shawgmunt. I tried, at the beginning, to give him the benefit of the doubt. But, before long, I just couldn't stand behind the guy anymore.

Spagnuolo, on the other hand, is someone who, even before he was interviewed by the Rams, was a guy who I considered to be Head Coach material. He is supported by a team of real "football guys," and has assembled a promising group of assistant coaches. He has my support.

If someone establishes SSOP one day, it won't be me.

laram0 is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post

Spagnuolo, on the other hand, is someone who, even before he was interviewed by the Rams, was a guy who I considered to be Head Coach material. He is supported by a team of real "football guys," and has assembled a promising group of assistant coaches. He has my support.

Av the last line surprises me. Say we go 2-14 in 2009 and start out 0-4 in 2010....?

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    Av the last line surprises me. Say we go 2-14 in 2009 and start out 0-4 in 2010....?
    I'd be more inclined at the moment to go after Devaney in that case.

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    If that happens, an "opposition party" won't be needed. Everyone will be against the leadership from Rosenbloom on down.

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

No one liked to disembowel Linehan more than I did; I usually call him Limpehan...'nuff said... but, in re-watching a lot of games on NFL rewind lately, I think he actually was a bit football-smarter than I'd given him credit for.

Fakhir did indeed suck most of the year; I've watched about 7-8 games & seen him drop 4 easy picks & get beaten like the proverbial redheaded stepchild repeatedly.

We did need more speed in the WRs but alienating Holt/Bruce was stupid , we needed to use TEs & RBs as outlet receivers, an H-back or more versatile FB than Hedgecock & a ton of blocking TEs to compensate for SJ's still atrocious blitz pick-ups.

I think what we were doing successfully at the end of "06 and ,to an extent, under Haz at the end of '08, was quite WCO. Both HCs had their legs cut out from under them by injuries and poor choices of replacement at FB, WR,TE,etc but the ideas were sound in that they better matched the personnel.

As a leader & personnel evaluator, Limpehan sucked. So that's where I'll be looking for the most improvement from Spags and Devaney, rather than major result swings. If we are ravaged by injuries again, the results won't be THAT much better. We play some tough teams in '09 & we still have to be the weakest on paper in the NFC Worst as it stands pre-draft/FA. Maybe The Hags will fight us for that dubious honor but ....

So...more than wins ,I'll be looking at SLOPpiness in the details;

Have they evaluated well?; you can't fix everything at once but ,for eg, if Cogs stays, does his attitude/discipline improve? Will they make the tough calls on Holt/Pace/Little( if they stay, are they used effectively?) and get the deals done on those we need to keep like Bartell & OJ? Will the 2nd yr guys step up?

Whoever plays MLB better be wearing the headset. It was ridiculous to have a safety calling plays for the D.I know it was a new thing but turning a potential advantage into a definite disadvantage was typical of the communication-challenged Rams, pre-Spags.

Are we doing the little things right? Ball security, tackling,fewer penalties, fewer blown coverages, better conditioning, mentally tougher & better motivated( can't emphasize the difference in body language between the first two games and the last two; guys encouraging one another on the field after good AND bad plays,coaches actually teaching/communicating with players on the sidelines,etc, as opposed to glazed flatness everywhere.)

I hope to see significant improvement in all of the above which will translate into more success but possibly not right away. So I don't anticipate joining SLOP for a long while even if wins are hard to come by.

jbell15 is offline Registered User

There's a lot of good names out there, for line***
    losehan
    linesuck
    wimpehan
    coach idiot
    are just a few
    But the one i created i think is the best
    instead of scott line*** its
    not winehan
    hahahahaha

unorthodox1999 is offline Registered User

Ive always liked the name Soiled Linen lol...

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Not really the same situation, though.

I never had any confidence in Line#@&. To me, he always appeared to be an unqualified puppet for Shawgmunt. I tried, at the beginning, to give him the benefit of the doubt. But, before long, I just couldn't stand behind the guy anymore.

As for SSOP, dont worry about establishing it..this is a Rams franchise demanding success and nothing less, if anything, I'll start it happily and give you the credit..

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456