Will51 is offline Registered User

I honestly cant believe why some have doubts???

I cant believe some people believe the rams will not be a play-off caliber team next year because of what happened in 07, lets face it, we got hit by injuries bad last year (mostly to our o-line) and any team who is missing more than hafl its starting o-line is doomed to fail. our schedule looks tough but if we want to be a force there is no better way to get recognized than to handle our business early

hear me out...

we have a healthy pace, a hungry jackson and a young offensive line with good talent. on top of that bulger is a pro bowler who just needs time in the pocket and i firmly believe he will get that and more this year. holt paired with bennett and caldwell will be something fun to watch and i guarantee saunders will get mcmichael involved. now if you add all this up and give saunders the key we have no reason to have doubts

as for our defense i dont believe we have anything to worry about
    brown wont be suspended(so i hear) which gives up depth with hill, macklin, bartell and wade. our d-line will only improve with the draft and our line backers were above average last year, haslett will get the show on the road so dont be suprised if we hit the playoffs and go deep, real deep
    Last edited by Will51; -04-15-2008 at 11:49 PM.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Re: I honestly cant believe why some have doubts???

Well, I believe that we will improve alot yes. I agree with you, we could very well be ontop of the NFC west. But to be realistic, we get to the first round of the playoffs and will probably be beat. But, to be as honest as I can, I don't think we win in the playoffs.

As for the other parts of your post, Caldwell isn't going to start. Bennett will probably end up being #3. I think who ever Bruce's replacement from the draft will be the one whos on the other side of Holt. The new player will probably be a burner. This will be fun because if Bulger has the time, he'll have a fun time.

Jackson will probably have a good year.

But like you said, in the end, we need our line to stay healthy. We did get injured last year..bad too. Who knows what last season wouldve turned out, but we have to get over that. I think its time to start new, and we've done a good job. We added Jacob Bell and Josh Brown. They will help contribute to points. Brown kicking the needed field goals and Bell helping Bulger stay up.

rcdavis1980 is offline Registered User

I completly agree with you guys. Everyone at my office (even a season ticket holder since the Rams moved to St. Louis) are continuing to dog the team. The one guy cannot stand Bulger and will be down on them no matter what. I see a huge improvement from last year. I still think they need some DL help in either Dorsey or Long in the draft. Grab a decent QB in round 2 or 3 (Woodsen from KY is a late round sleeper pick). The NFL is built through the draft and it will not take long to get back into the hunt so long as the injuries stay away and Pace can give us one more good year.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Will51 View Post
    I cant believe some people believe the rams will not be a play-off caliber team next year because of what happened in 07, lets face it, we got hit by injuries bad last year (mostly to our o-line) and any team who is missing more than hafl its starting o-line is doomed to fail. our schedule looks tough but if we want to be a force there is no better way to get recognized than to handle our business early

hear me out...

we have a healthy pace, a hungry jackson and a young offensive line with good talent. on top of that bulger is a pro bowler who just needs time in the pocket and i firmly believe he will get that and more this year. holt paired with bennett and caldwell will be something fun to watch and i guarantee saunders will get mcmichael involved. now if you add all this up and give saunders the key we have no reason to have doubts

brown wont be suspended(so i hear) which gives up depth with hill, macklin, bartell and wade. our d-line will only improve with the draft and our line backers were above average last year, haslett will get the show on the road so dont be suprised if we hit the playoffs and go deep, real deep
    Well, I'd like to optimistic about next season, and I thought they could return to a .500 season if they stayed healthy, but after looking at the schedule, I just don't see it. I agree that the offense will score more this year, if only because they're healthy, and I think Saunders will ignite the spark back into Holt and Bulger. ...but my gawd, the Rams first 7 games include 5 playoff teams!

As for the defense, the Ram D has a lot to be worried about. They have no shutdown corner, their linebackers are weak, and they can't put pressure on the QB without blitzing, and even then they rarely get to the QB. IF we get Dorsey or Long in the draft, maybe we'll finally put some pressure on the opposing QB. Just too many "ifs".

No, the Rams will have a major battle ahead of them next year and with the schedule that they've been dealt, they could start the season much the same way last year started, but without injuries to blame. Anything near a .500 record or better will be amazing, IMHO.

Damn I hope I'm wrong......
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

ramsanddodgers is online now Registered User

I think they are just still trying to decide between sweetened or unsweetened Kool-Aid?
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Well as mentioned a few times, that the Rams need to build through the draft. Which is true. This year, we will have a new face in the starting line up on the offense, and that will be the new receiver we have filling in for Bruce for now, Holt when he retires.

Like many believe, the Rams are an offensive team, though we need a good pass rush this season, preferably from Chris Long or Vernon Gholston. I think that will help our defense quite a bit. However, I think our team will win through our offense like we used to. Now that Saunders is in town, it gives me even more reasons to believe that will happen.

Now boys, us as fans want nothing but the best. I think the best we do is we win the NFC West. The next best is 8-8. If we somehow win the NFC West with that, great. If not, I think we'd be in wild card contention.

KoaKoi is offline Registered User

For the record, I'm not one of those who are down on the Rams and writing off the '08 season, BUT...

I've been a Rams fan for far too long to be so optimistic that I'd feel the Rams are a lock for playoffs and are going to go deep in the playoffs. But good luck with that! I sincerely hope that your newly formed RAGTOP '08 group is right! Playoffs would be a very nice bounce back after last year's bitter pill.

R ams
    A re
    G oing
    TO
    P layoffs in
    '08

Ram Dragoon is offline Registered User

Ok...true, so far the o-line comes back health where as in 07 they where banged-up. True there are some quality players on the team roster- S. jackson, Bulger and company. And true again the defense has its strong points with some needs that can be easily found.

Where this post goes wrong is there is one critical glaring weakness--HC SCOTTY LINEHAN. Need I say more. If you look at 07, he managed one good win over a quality team, New Orleans, and managed to lose to some of the worst teams in the NFL.

So in 08 what do we hope for? A perfect set of conditions to field the strongest Rams team or the Rams opponents to all come down with the flu? Fact is come what may, some issue(s) will come up and SCOTTY has proven he can't adapt, can't modify, or just isnt flexible enough to over come adversity

Keenum is offline Registered User

There are two ways people are looking at it.

Way #1: We were suppose to be very good last year and our offense was suppose to rival that of the Greatest Show on Turf. Injuries killed us, but now we have almost everybody back at 100% (minus Bruce from a keyplayer spot), so wouldn't it make sense for us to be able to have that possibility of GSOT II again? Also, the defense was a bit better than we expected (2nd half collapses can be partially blamed on the offense not being to stay on the field), so shouldn't this explosive offense and a decent defense make a good team?

Way #2: Bulger looked like a fluke last year, and he can't stay healthy. Our offense needs a total makeover, Pace will not be a factor (I strongly disagree with that statement). The defense may get better, but we still won't be able to score.

I'm probably at Way #1.5: Orlando Pace has been a key to this offense for years, and his return will automatically make us better. Bulger was off, but a lot of that was he was scared to death to take a hit after getting beat up in that 1st niners game. Pace back already makes him feel better, and will allow him to make better passes.
    Bruce is gone, which hurts our leadership, but we have some young talent at WR that will now get a chance to shine (I loved what I saw from Hagans last year).
    The defense could have a good pass rush if Leonard Little is healthy, and we get Chirs Long at DE. This will allow Little to rush more, and possible allow Carriker to use his speed to slip in there. Clifton Ryan and LaRoi Glover could be studs as rotating buds.
    O.J. Atogwe was very solid, and with a better pass rush, could he actually get better? This should be Tye Hill's season to break out. The major worry is at the other CB spot, where we have no idea what is going to happen.

The team looks a bit like the one from 2003, with perhaps a better run stopping defense, less pass rush, and a toned down offense. Could we win 10 games? Sure, it's the NFL, anything could happen.
    Also, the rest of the division will be tough. The Seahawks should have been beaten twice last year, but they are still a good overall team. The Niners will be going through rebuilding, but you know Bruce will be inspired to play great football against us, and Martz may just open up that offense against us. The Cardinals have a very good defense, and with Warner last year, the offense looked great. Leinart may turn out to be good, but I'd still rather face him that Warner as of now. I really can't tell if they will turn out to be a good team, or flop in 2008, but they have all of the pieces it seems.

RAM-BO is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Will51 View Post

hear me out...

I am sure I will see a post exactly like this next April, and the one after that

Fargo Ram Fan is offline Registered User

Here are 3 very SOLID reasons why plenty of people (understandably) have DOUBTS: 2005...2006...2007. Bad moon on the rise.
    "You people point your 'f'in' finger and say theres the bad guy....what that make you....good?" Tony Montana

RamWraith is offline Registered User

I am shocked!!! Fargo has doubts...NO WAY *LOL*

Quote Originally Posted by Fargo Ram Fan View Post
    Here are 3 very SOLID reasons why plenty of people (understandably) have DOUBTS: 2005...2006...2007. Bad moon on the rise.

Ram Dragoon is offline Registered User

Question is...are the Rams any stronger since Linehan took over?

After the disaster that was 07, its going to be an uphill struggle. First, Linehan has to regain the trust and hearts of the team. Got to keep in mind Holt, Jackson and Bulger all had their "disaggrements" with the coach.

Second, You have a new coaching staff...Not sure if this new staff will revamp the offense with new schemes or just work with the current play book.

Third, all these changes spells a different team chemistry--so its going to be hard to bring the team together

BIG-BLUE is offline Registered User

Talking Re: I honestly cant believe why some have doubts???

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Dragoon View Post
    Ok...true, so far the o-line comes back health where as in 07 they where banged-up. True there are some quality players on the team roster- S. jackson, Bulger and company. And true again the defense has its strong points with some needs that can be easily found.

Where this post goes wrong is there is one critical glaring weakness--HC SCOTTY LINEHAN. Need I say more. If you look at 07, he managed one good win over a quality team, New Orleans, and managed to lose to some of the worst teams in the NFL.

So in 08 what do we hope for? A perfect set of conditions to field the strongest Rams team or the Rams opponents to all come down with the flu? Fact is come what may, some issue(s) will come up and SCOTTY has proven he can't adapt, can't modify, or just isnt flexible enough to over come adversity
    Please keep in mind that Al Saunders has been hired in to run the offense, no more Greg Olsen & no more Scott Linehan calling the plays. You will see the players looking a lot more comfortable with Saunders calling the plays. Saunders will adjust his play calling & adapt to the game as needed. Leaving Scotty boy to do his thing on the sidelines.

Between a healthy team with depth & Saunders now in place & Haslett hopefully getting some more help thru the draft, 08 for me looks promising.
    Also keep in mind it's not like we have a bunch of no names at our skilled positions ( Bulger, Jackson, Holt ) These players are truley some of the best in the NFL.

Just Dream a Little with Me.