bloodnhall is offline Registered User
    The draft is like rolling dice. In the 1979 draft, Bill Walsh of the Niners wanted to draft QB Steve Fuller with their number 1 draft pick,but, the Chiefs took him with their draft pick. So Walsh went to plan b, they drafted UCLA's RB James Owens (who was a bust) and with their 3rd round pick they took a skinny QB from Norte Dame named Joe Montana. So even a genius needs luck. The Rams in the 1957 draft took Jon Arnett from USC. Dan Reeves (owner of the Rams) thought a local college hero would help at the gate. By the way there was a Syracuse running back still on the board named Jim Brown. Virtually 30 years later the Rams did the same thing taking Gaston Green of UCLA passing on Thurman Thomas. Heck, two Ram greats went in the 14th round, Deacon Jones and Larry Brooks. So I hope Armey selects the right dice this 20th and 21st.

BloodnHall

DODRAM is offline Registered User
    too right, the draft is a lottery which is why if we can get Rolle and / or Williams then we should take them . At least we know what we are getting..... I think!

Dod

GO CLAYMORES : DEAD BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

Dod, thank God I am not in charge. In the 75 draft I was with Doug Krikorian (a reporter for the LA Herald Examiner) who believe the Rams were idiots for not taking Anthony Davis of USC. They took some nobody name Dennis Harrah (not bad, huh?). If I may ask is there any Welshman Ramfans your way? Since my Father was born in the Rhondda Valley and his favorite movie was "How green was my valley".
    BloodnHall

there is 1 welshman on this very list

his name is Rob Williams and goes under the Rob1971 handle.

Dennis Harrah , now there's a name, always enjoyed that offensive line blasting holes for Dickerson and the RB's that followed.

If you're looking for welshmen then Rob's yer man, I think he's in exile in England at the moment but I'm sure he'd be pleased to hear from another exile

Dod

beat me to it Dez

dod

you have to be fast Dod hehehe

you get the games ??

Let me tell you, I have been to Great Britian twice and I know that they got the idea for National Lampoon Vacation from the first trip. Their is a million stories I could tell but I tell just one. It was July of 1973 and my Father wanted to show us where he was born. First, every taxi driver over there is missing his boat. EVERYONE could sell ice to an eskimo. Great personalities. But I swear everyone one said this. I would get in they would see my LA Dodger hat on and say "oh, your an American" I would say "yes". Then they would say (everyone) "you know, we could of beaten you back in 1776 if we wanted to" like it just happened last Sunday. Joe Frazier happened to be fighting Joe Bugner when we were there. I am the biggest Smokin Joe fan (went and saw him train everyday at Piccadilly Square) the day of the fight I didn't want to miss nothing and I got my Parents to go to Earl's Court (Arena?) AT 1 in the afternoon. The Janitor's haven't even showed up yet, were sitting in the dark in our seats and the next human we saw was 5 hours later (I didn't want to miss anything). 10 hours later the place is packed. The guy sitting right behind us has 20 pounds on Frazier. 2 seconds after the fight started he is yelling "STOP THE BLOODY FIGHT!! STOP THE BLOODY FIGHT!" and Bugner was winning. It was an awesome 2 weeks. Everything was great (except back then they didn't have iced tea and it happened to be abnormally hot). take care
    BloodnHall

On Rob

Rob is a class act. When our Rams sucked gas a few years ago. We were members on Bill Kunert's (another good guy) Ram board. My Father was in critical condition and Rob emailed me on how's he doing. I don't forget that. I went by my first and middle initials "JC" on Bill's board.
    BloodnHall

most of us are members of the rampagers, and Bill is on this list as well.

Bill is a blood brother to me, even though we have diferent ideas about the rams, sometimes

Bill's a good blood brother to have. Hope to see him here and say hi. This will be a hot Ram board in the next couple of months. Take care
    BloodnHall