Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    bruce4life is offline Registered User

I hope you guys like what the Rams are doing in Free agency...

Because I sure do guys and I will now tell you why.

In 07' our defense up till about the steelers game in week 15 played well in every game until the 4th quarter because our offense was so porous and could not even score on notre dames defense last season.

The rams we're in every game in the season except for the last year yet again.

-In week 1, we lost to SJ fumbles in the 4th quarter when we were about to score.
    - Week 2 don't quote me on this but did we not have over 430 yards of offense and only scored 16 points that game? 3 turnovers and 2 missed field goals killed us.
    -Week 3- the game was only 3-0 at half. SJ got hurt. Bulger threw a duck to phillip buchanon, Money missed a 28 yards enough said
    - Week 8 against the Browns we were up the whole game until the last 2 mins.
    - Against Seattle we were up too!!!!

WHAT I'M TRYING TO POINT OUT IS THAT OUR 3-13 WAS NOT HOW WE PLAYED LAST YEAR. iF WERE HEALTHY WE WIN THOSE GAMES. oUR OFFENSE IS NOT THAT BAD AND THE [DEFENSE WAS BETTER THAN THE STATS SAY.

On that note, our free agency thus far had been solid, not good, not bad.
    Josh Brown- solid kicker should help us win at least 2 more games
    Jacob Bell- hopefully he can be the reincarnation of a donut bro we love
    Adam Goldberg- Depth
    Brandon Gorin- depth but has playoff experience
    travis- solid backup
    jerome carter- dpeth
    James Hall- could of had 51/2- 8 sacks if healthy last year
    David MAcklin- depth who has playoff exp.
    Reche Caldwell- see macklin

WHAT I'M TRYING TO SHINE SOME LIGHT IS THE FACT THAT WE HAVE BUILT SOME DEPTH THIS YEAR KIND OF LIKE HOW THE PATS USED TO DO IT ( 2001-2004). i'I'M NOT SAYING WE ARE GOING TO PLAYOFFS OR ANYTHING, BUT WE WILL DEF. NOT HAVE THE TYPE OF SEASON WE HAD LAST YEAR.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Re: I hope you guys like what the Rams are doing in Free agency...

You know, I appreciate your enthusiasm but when you say Macklin has playoff experience....I have to go back to the Meet the Parents movie....

"I have nipples Greg...want to milk me?"

Oh well, let's hope that our enthusiastic fans help this team win and I'll be Randy Quaid in Major League saying "I told you so".

LOL

bruce4life is offline Registered User

..... Well Macklin does have playoff experience sir, with the colts before he went to the cardinals and last year with the skins....

ok....glad of it.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Bruce was still better than Caldwell...I am still just angry over this. We didn't have much to work with in free agency, but the FO knew that coming into FA. There was no reason to cut Isaac Bruce whatsoever.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Wolf is offline Registered User

can't believe people are still upset over bruce. it's time to move on. =P

moloch41 is offline Registered User

Our defense got hammered by every good offense we played- the stats didn't lie.

TekeRam is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Varg6 View Post
    Bruce was still better than Caldwell...I am still just angry over this. We didn't have much to work with in free agency, but the FO knew that coming into FA. There was no reason to cut Isaac Bruce whatsoever.
    Would you say that he is 7.75 times the receiver that Caldwell is? Not in his prime. Today. Because that was his cap cost compared to his. Yes, he's a great receiver, and yes, he was the last LA Ram. Yes, he's a hall of famer but you know what? Jerry Rice was cut too. It will break my heart to see him in read and gold next year, but I'd rather have that cap money when it comes down to it.

Very nice post Bruce4life, I agree wholeheartedly. We've been solid in a bad free agent market and we hope to have a similarly solid draft. The Rams are going in the right direction people.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam View Post
    Would you say that he is 7.75 times the receiver that Caldwell is? Not in his prime. Today. Because that was his cap cost compared to his. Yes, he's a great receiver, and yes, he was the last LA Ram. Yes, he's a hall of famer but you know what? Jerry Rice was cut too. It will break my heart to see him in read and gold next year, but I'd rather have that cap money when it comes down to it.

Very nice post Bruce4life, I agree wholeheartedly. We've been solid in a bad free agent market and we hope to have a similarly solid draft. The Rams are going in the right direction people.
    Sorry, I do think he's better right now than Caldwell right now. And that is the truth, he was clutch for us, always has been. Yes, there is tons of sentimental value but considering that we didn't do much at all in free agency, why'd we have to get rid of him? He was a huge part of sales for the Rams in my opinion. He was the showcase of the franchise, its what fans yelled in the stands when he caught a pass. So is he worth the extra money? Yes, and I don't even want to hear about the draft money because they are always worked out somehow. It was a mistake that I resent seeing this team do.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam View Post

Well Teke, what good is the cap money if your not using it? Besides it wasn't that much cap money to begin with. Caldwell better not have any money guaranteed because he isn't half the receiver right now that Bruce is.

I agree with most of your posts, but I think we are getting lost in dollars here. Bennett isn't going to be that good for this team. We are going into next years season with Holt who's legs aren't what they used to be, Bennett who really can't be depended on, Caldwell who isn't nearly as good as Bruce was....and then the Hagans and whomever we get off the street.

Not very promising to match with an upgraded O line and a healthy Bulger.

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    can't believe people are still upset over bruce. it's time to move on. =P
    its not like he was with us for 14 years and better than what we got playing his position or anything.....

RamWraith is offline Registered User

Man tx...you have to be one of the most bitter persons, has this team done something to you? Why all the hate?

Since you left on your little hi ados you have come back with a chip on your shoulder. All I want to know is....WHO STOLE THE OLD PHIL AND HOW DO WE GET HM BACK!! I could at least count on one other cheerleader here. Now, you are just a grumpy ba-humbug ol' man. The eternal pessimist. Hell ,you are starting to sound like a few other people I know.

I got your back B4LIFE. I am with you. I too love what this team has done and think next season will be much improved!! Positive rep points for you my friend. Let the hatters wallow in their beers.
    Last edited by RamWraith; -03-25-2008 at 05:29 PM.

completely agree with points made by varg and tx...it sucks and thats just talking about next season without Ike,not to mention the 14 years loyal service and the re-structured contracts he signed to save us cap space in the past...what example have they set to other players?? you give your all and remain in good enough shape after 14 years to still play at a pretty high level and you get cut to save money for "johny never beens"?

Quote Originally Posted by RamWraith View Post
    Man tx...you have to be one of the most bitter persons has this team done something to you.

Since you left on your little hi ados you have come back with a chip on your shoulder. All I want to know is....WHO STOLE THE OLD PHIL AND HOW DO WE GET HM BACK!! I could at least count on one other cheerleader here. Now, you are just a grumpy ba-humbug ol' man. The eternal pessimist. Hell ,you are starting to sound like a few other people I know.

I got your back B4LIFE. I am with you. I too love what this team has done and think next season will be much improved!! Positive rep points for you my friend. Let the hatters wallow in their beers.

gotta be with tx on the Ike matter....on the Tye Hill matter,Tx you on your own!

Quote Originally Posted by RamWraith View Post
    Man tx...you have to be one of the most bitter persons, has this team done something to you? Why all the hate?

Ahh....maybe it's just a combination of tax season, a grumpy little woman, and a 3-13 season. However, Memphis in the Sweet 16 makes things alot better.

I don't like our WR corp, I'm adamant on that. However, I will give Hill a break by the fact we haven't had a pass rush. The WR position will be addressed in Round 2 and if Limas Sweed happens to be there I'll feel better about that.

I'm feeling "better" about the Rams...I've been saying for awhile we are in rebuilding mode and I think with this years and next years draft....2009 is the time to shine,

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. -03-25-2008, 02:57 PM