Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: I just figured out who the best player in the NFL is...

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

I just figured out who the best player in the NFL is...

Its the player that the Rams "were interested" in who just signed with another team.

Seriously, while it hasn't been too bad on these boards, beware if you travel around the web for Rams news these days. There are Rams fans everywhere who are crying over the Rams' "lack of moves."

To those people, I'd say "relax." Yes, the Rams have some needs that should be addressed (OLB, DT, OG, backup RB), but there are still a lot of FAs out there, and the list is only going to grow in the next couple of days as more veterans are released.

In the next several days, the Rams are going to sign some players. They might not be the "BIG NAMES" we hoped for, but they may be the right players nonetheless.
    laram0 and berg8309 like this.

AtlantaRamFan is offline Registered User

Re: I just figured out who the best player in the NFL is...

The first sentence did not contain the words "Sam" and "Bradford" so I stopped reading

In all seriousness, I understand what you're saying. Ram fans have waited months, and all we've heard about this past week was the frenzy of how there would be all these FA signings hand over fist, and then it hits and the Rams don't do much. So I get that people are a little anxious. We all do need to be patient, but I did feel it was a little anticlimactic waiting so long for these holes to be filled and it looks like we'll have to wait until after the start of camp.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Its the player that the Rams "were interested" in who just signed with another team.

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

It's been three days. Three days of free agency! And already, fans are getting impatient. Devaney has said the Rams will never make big noise in free agency. Every year you see teams like the Redskins go nuts, signing "name" players, but when the following season has played out, not much comes of it.

Mikell was a quality signing. Filled a need, fits the system better than Atogwe did, knows the defense. They might've overpaid a bit, but that's what you need to do to make sure you get the guy you want, especially with such a compressed FA period this year. Almost ALL free agents will be paid more than they're worth, because teams are trying to outbid each other to fill in their weaknesses.

Bottom line, fans are hungry for football. This is their first taste, and they seem to see it like football games - they want to see their team "win" free agency. It would make for a fun offseason, but it's not a patient way to build a team for the long-term.

It's been three days. There's a long way to go. All 32 teams will have 90 players in training camp. So, even after this free agency period dies down, there will be some good, quality players left over once teams trim their rosters. The Rams don't need to overpay just because a FA is a household name.

Patience.
    MauiRam, HoustonRam and lostsoul like this.

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Seriously, while it hasn't been too bad on these boards, beware if you travel around the web for Rams news these days. There are Rams fans everywhere who are crying over the Rams' "lack of moves."

To those people, I'd say "relax." Yes, the Rams have some needs that should be addressed (OLB, DT, OG, backup RB), but there are still a lot of FAs out there, and the list is only going to grow in the next couple of days as more veterans are released.

In the next several days, the Rams are going to sign some players. They might not be the "BIG NAMES" we hoped for, but they may be the right players nonetheless.
    And they could also be the wrong players nontheless.

The way I look at it is, this team is in no position to watch division rivals make apparent major upgrades to their rosters while we sit back and hope the right players gets cut.

That kind of luxury is only afforded to the Superbowl champ in my eyes. And as far as I know, the Rams haven't won a Superbowl since I apparently made that ridiculous comment about them having a bad season that year.

Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    And they could also be the wrong players nontheless.

The way I look at it is, this team is in no position to watch division rivals make apparent major upgrades to their rosters while we sit back and hope the right players gets cut.

That kind of luxury is only afforded to the Superbowl champ in my eyes. And as far as I know, the Rams haven't won a Superbowl since I apparently made that ridiculous comment about them having a bad season that year.
    If you're rebuilding, you should act like teams that win. The Rams might not make a Super Bowl push this year, but their approach is an efficient way to build a consistent winner. So, only the Super Bowl winner, 1 out of 32 teams, should be allowed to take this approach? The Green Bay Packers are the epitome of building through the draft and not over-spending in free agency.

"Apparent" is the key word. Do you really think the Rams are worrying about Sidney Rice when Tarvaris Jackson is the one throwing him the ball? Doubt it.

Flippin' Ram is online now Registered User

I've been posting around Footballs Future forums and the Rams fans there are starting to lose a bit of their sanity with the lack of FAs we're signing.

Quote Originally Posted by fliptalianstallion View Post
    I've been posting around Footballs Future forums and the Rams fans there are starting to lose a bit of their sanity with the lack of FAs we're signing.
    Yeah, let them become Redskins fans. They always win free agency.

mikhal5569 is offline Registered User

Excellent thread. Technically, FA hasn't even started until 6pm tonight. Personally, I still view this team as having a lot of holes and spotty depth at most positions. One or two money driven superstar's with visions of glory isn't going to exactly help the Rams out at this point. Neither do I see these guys fitting the hard working, over achieving, character players that Spags and company seem to constantly go after. I believe that by Monday morning that the team will have added a good deal of quality players and be all the better for it.

In Spags we trust.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Thanks AvengerRam! We needed this thread in a big way!

GO RAMS!!!

svh01 is offline Registered User

I think we need to make some moves in free agency for quality players instead of waiting for the "left overs". We have a very winnable division and the window might close quickly. I mean for example Sproles would have been an excellent pick up. Why not make a play for Davin Joseph or Gallery? I'm not so pressed about a WR because we have too many now and we can see what they can do if healthy. We have a tougher schedule than last year we've made no real upgrades so far. I am not panicking YET, but I am getting a little concerned.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    Let's look at that.

Seattle - yes, they have added Sydney Rice and Robert Gallery. But they also went from Matt Hasselbeck to Tarvaris Jackson. I'd say that's a downgrade at the most important position. They also signed Alan Branch, but could lose Brandon Mebane.

San Francisco - They lost Takeo Spikes, Manny Lawson, David Baas and Nate Clements, and are dealing with a potential holdout from Frank Gore and a 4-6 week injury to Michael Crabtree. Who have they signed?

Arizona - they have a new QB in Kevin Kolb, but he has 9 fewer career starts than Sam Bradford, so he's hardly a proven commodity. They've lost Alan Branch, Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie and Steve Breaston.

Seems that the grass isn't much greener elsewhere.

shower beers is offline Registered User

Arizona - they have a new QB in Kevin Kolb, but he has 9 fewer career starts than Sam Bradford, so he's hardly a proven commodity. They've lost Alan Branch, Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie and Steve Breaston.
    Along with a second round pick!

RuffRams is offline Registered User

I prefer our FA so far than the other 3 teams in division for sure. Sidney Rice and Gallery are the only good moves that have been done in the whole division. But Seattles offensive line will still suck anyway. And Tavaris cant get the ball to Sidney. All the other moves, I feel have made teams worse. So I'm fine sitting where we are. Brandon Mebane would be a nice pick up. A long with OG, Backup RB, and OLB. But plenty of time for all that to come around.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Its so true. All these fans are going wild and are continuosly complaining and its seriously getting annoying. If the Rams don't land 1 guy they like "I know now why I dont like Devaney"...like are you stupid? Devaney and Spags deserve more than our respect for what they have done and I assure you they are better at building a football team than anyone on an internet forum.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast