Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: I Know It's Preseason, But.............

Rambos is offline Registered User

Re: I Know It's Preseason, But.............

Vince Lombardi goes to Rams camp.

r8rh8rmike likes this.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    The illegal formation penalties being called is when the tackle is not lined up on the line of scrimmage. It's a way for tackle to cheat a little by getting deeper. Fisher said they usually warn the player, but since the league is trying to clean this up they are just throwing flags to send a message. I like the fact they are cleaning that up, should benefit. Long and Quinn!
    Fisher also said this :

“There’s an emphasis on it this preseason,” he said. “It’s good that it came up. We’ll get it resolved. The players were frustrated at the process. Normally, if the tackle starts to get back a little bit, he’s warned. And then if you don’t adjust, then they’ll penalize it.”
    My point was that because the players are getting reps in the preseason, as opposed to just practice, they experience first hand what the officials will be calling in the regular season, and as Fisher noted, it can get resolved.

As far as your take on practices, I agree completely. I'll bet Vince Lombardi is turning in his grave.
    Rambos likes this.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Looks like we were thinking the exact same thing on Lombardi! I NEVER get tired of that clip.
    Rambos likes this.

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Dragoon View Post
    Best way to motivate in the NFL at this point, is to start cutting and getting to the Roaster limit. Doing so at this stage starts sending messages that is unmistakable, "I can be gone, and so could my NFL career." Right now I can't name one player whom is on the bubble that the Rams ought to hold on to for Games 3 & 4 to see if MAYBE they are NFL material. In the Rams shoes I'd see who makes the other teams practice squads and see if I could fill in the gaps that way
    Don't know if you consider Ray Ray Armstrong and Cody Davis on the bubble or not, but they both look like they deserve a good looking at, the rest of the pre-season.
    RealRam likes this.

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rammiser View Post
    Really its football? I thought all along i was watching soccer. I realize injuries happen but I'd be a hell of a lot more worried about Stweart missing tackles in the regular season than now. Pre-season is televised practice and I havnt watched a lot of games and thought to myself man that team is going all out.
    I was not trying to insinuate that you did not realize it's football. Not sure why you have to get like that.

I was just saying it's the nature of football. No one wants to see injuries but until they do away with preseason games I'm willing to bet that coaches are going to give almost all vets some reps. I don't think that going half speed is the best approach to remain injury free. I suspect a guy is more likely to get hurt with a half hearted approach. He's certainly not any less at risk by going half speed.

I don't know what the answer is. I hate preseason but I like commenting on the games afterwards. Fisher was not too happy with the tackling and a lot of the execution. So the fans that comment along those lines would be at par with the head coach yet you seem to want to criticize those same fans? Makes no sense to me. At the end of the day we're all still Rams fans. And we all cheer them on come next game time.

VegasRam is offline Ram MVP
    Preseason or no - Rams look bad, read young, and that's not changing. We are rebuilding, and it takes time. We are a 6-8 win team, and I'm ok with that, because we'll make the playoffs in 2014, and go very deep in 2015.

This is going to be a fun but frustrating year cuz we'll see the potential, but lack of experience will be our undoing.
    "the Heart Lies and the Head Plays Tricks with us, but the Eyes See True".

Mikey is offline Registered User

Missed tackles, penalties catching the ball, all things that regardless of running a basic/vanilla offense/defense should be executed properly. That's the upsetting part of the two preseason performances. Lots of talent on the team to be doing some of these things in the preseason. Really hope they turn those things around in the next couple games.
    laram0 likes this.

rammiser is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Curly Horns View Post
    I was not trying to insinuate that you did not realize it's football. Not sure why you have to get like that.

I was just saying it's the nature of football. No one wants to see injuries but until they do away with preseason games I'm willing to bet that coaches are going to give almost all vets some reps. I don't think that going half speed is the best approach to remain injury free. I suspect a guy is more likely to get hurt with a half hearted approach. He's certainly not any less at risk by going half speed.

I don't know what the answer is. I hate preseason but I like commenting on the games afterwards. Fisher was not too happy with the tackling and a lot of the execution. So the fans that comment along those lines would be at par with the head coach yet you seem to want to criticize those same fans? Makes no sense to me. At the end of the day we're all still Rams fans. And we all cheer them on come next game time.
    I have a different opinion than some people and Fisher was so worried about the tackling that he said it will be resolved and thats it. I just sense so much doom and gloom and the sky is falling it's rediculous. I saw a lot of positive things in the Packer game and so did Fisher. Maybe i'm over reacting but I just trust that Fisher will have this team ready for the regular season.
    Just Fix It

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rammiser View Post
    I have a different opinion than some people and Fisher was so worried about the tackling that he said it will be resolved and thats it. I just sense so much doom and gloom and the sky is falling it's rediculous. I saw a lot of positive things in the Packer game and so did Fisher. Maybe i'm over reacting but I just trust that Fisher will have this team ready for the regular season.
    Hey, thanks for responding. You did confirm what I suspected.

I don't sense doom and gloom from these fans. I sense passion and concern. These fans have been to the bottom with our Rams and they have stuck with them. They only want continued success. This is an intelligent group of Rams fans and I think the overwhelming majority would say that they feel the team is steadily improving.

I think everyone saw the positive but at the same time I think they also saw the things that need to be worked on and improved. This recent game was a mixed bag. There was some good but also quite a bit of bad. I think these fans have faith that Fisher & Co will get things on track by seasons start. In the meantime, I think they are feeling anxious for signs of continued success.

We are all Rams fans and we all share a passion for our team; in that sense we are brothers. Yet we are all unique and we all express our passion differently.

For those that read this post I hope it can foster some Rams brotherhood and the ClanRam can once again be home to that brotherhood - just like in years gone by.

rammiser is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Curly Horns View Post
    Hey, thanks for responding. You did confirm what I suspected.

I don't sense doom and gloom from these fans. I sense passion and concern. These fans have been to the bottom with our Rams and they have stuck with them. They only want continued success. This is an intelligent group of Rams fans and I think the overwhelming majority would say that they feel the team is steadily improving.

I think everyone saw the positive but at the same time I think they also saw the things that need to be worked on and improved. This recent game was a mixed bag. There was some good but also quite a bit of bad. I think these fans have faith that Fisher & Co will get things on track by seasons start. In the meantime, I think they are feeling anxious for signs of continued success.

We are all Rams fans and we all share a passion for our team; in that sense we are brothers. Yet we are all unique and we all express our passion differently.

For those that read this post I hope it can foster some Rams brotherhood and the ClanRam can once again be home to that brotherhood - just like in years gone by.
    Trust me I know about rock bottom, I've been a Rams fan since I was about 9 years old and I'm 40. I do agree about the passion, so maybe i'm reading too much into peoples concerns as being doom and gloom. Like you said we all are Rams fans and are all hoping for the same thing in the end and that is for the Rams to be a good team again.
    Curly Horns likes this.
    Just Fix It

vanillasue is offline Registered User

Rams are fine -- Offense will take a good 4 games to come together as there are to many new players although what I saw by Bradford tells me the offense is going to special over the next several years.

Defense is awesome and will be a top 3 defense this year.

Worrying about nothing.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

In FISHER I Trust!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123