Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ludairv is offline Registered User

I know ... its REALLY early to say lol but. ...2010NFL Draft...

HEY everyone i cant wait to see this year unravel!! it really doesnt matter to me how much wins the rams have next year , all i care about is that they come out every game and really give it to the other team and play to their potential ... SMASH MOUTH football!!. With that said ...what are some of the players based on last years performance (college) would you want the Rams to draft next year!!!????
    This topic is just too irrresistable because how INSANE this draft is gunna be , defiinately better then last , with alot more franchise caliber type players.... hmmm...

mikhal5569 is offline Registered User

Re: I know ... its REALLY early to say lol but. ...2010NFL Draft...

I share your enthusiasm bro, but we still have over a month before preseason starts and over two until the regular season.

BEER is offline Registered User

After this year we will be drafting a QB overall next year is my guess.

jmk321 is offline Registered User

SS Taylor Mays, NT Terrance Cody, OT Russel Okung (depending how Barron does) or WR Dez Bryant would be nice for a first round pick. I don't watch too much college football but those are some players who I know and like. Bradford is also a strong posibility.

Keenum is offline Registered User

All I want to see is the Rams drafting at #32 next year

and not because of a trade, lol.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Well, let's look at the possible starters in a contract year and needs.

QB: while Boller is young, he's become a journeyman, not a QB of the future. If an elite college QB is available, we probably take him.

RB: Jax is still young, but we do need depth behind him, but not 1st round depth.

WR/TE: given that WR is the weak link on offense, a top WR is very possible. TE is pretty stacked, and is not generally a 1st round pick.

OL: Barron's in a contract year, so we either need to franchise him(unlikely) or sign him long term, or let him walk(assuming that the CBA is redone), so chances are likely that we could need a new OT next year and the first round is as good as any when building a team.

DE: Little is the last member of the GSOT and has only a year or two left most likely. A top speedy DE to pair with Chris for the "long" run would be great.

DT: we still don't have a top NT, and but unless the value is there, I would expect we'd skip this position.

LB: we're still lacking a quality Sam linebacker, and so this could very well be where we go if we're in the middle third of the round.

CB/S: we have quality to elite players in three of the four starting positions, so a top corner is very much a possibility to pair with Bartell when we have elite WR's popping up all over the division.

Personally, I think we go after one of three positions next year: QB, DE or CB. Our defense is still going to be below average I think and we have a defensive minded head coach. I fully expect a defensive pick next year unless we are screaming for a new QB. In the second round I would pick up the best OT or QB that falls(or trade up if we have to).

Mooselini is offline Registered User

I think we go after the top DE in the draft unless Bulger completely melts down this year.

Little is up there in age, so having a young stud come in to replace him is always nice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Devaney, if you care about this team... fire the offensive coordinator!!!!

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Nothing is really certain at this point, but knowing Spags he is going to go after a DE at some point, how early really depends on FA.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

IF he comes out, the Rams will probably be in a good spot to land Florida's DE, Carlos Dunlap. Long and Dunlap would be a NICE combination.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Keenum View Post
    All I want to see is the Rams drafting at #32 next year

and not because of a trade, lol.
    I second that!

It's definitely an interesting conversation but I'd rather postpone this discussion until we see how we're doing with the first few games at least, to get an idea of where we'll be roughly in the draft. Who knows what we'll be able to do this year, I have a feeling we're going to do a lot better than most people think, even we might be surprised...

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

MAN i would cry all day...of tears of joy if they get Mays/Dez Bryant or on of those stud D linmen from Okla. teams ..... I know we have agreat pair at Safety but....it would be a nice dream come true ...lol!

oh and Eric Berry....but for some reason i think hes gunna stay back a year....

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

Oh yeah, Taylor Mays all the way! I was hoping he would have came out this year, and if that would have been the case I would have been his biggest supporter, Curry be darned (Dang seahawk, but at least I've been saying all along Curry is gonna be a bust )

Yes I wanted to draft a safety at #2- Nick called me crazy, but I think safety is becoming one of the most important positions in a defense. I have all the faith in the world that James Butler will come in this year and be a good contributor, but guys like Taylor Mays are game changers. QBs have to keep an eye on them every single play, they can solidify a weak running defense as well as be a great coverage player.

Hey you never know, perhaps Mays has a subpar season and slips to us in the second round. And dont say it couldn't happen, I was hoping James Laurinaitis would have came out last year and we could have nabbed him with our 1st round pick (before I knew it was 2nd overall) This shows that in the wacky world of talent evalutors, some guys get to much scrutiny. JL performed at a high level for so long, scouts found games where he missed a tackle or two.

So jump on the band wagon, Mays 2010!

LA Rammer is online now Registered User

Next year, if we don't go the way of the Lions as many predict, I say Colt McCoy. We can certainly trade up. He can be the future of the franchise.
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

GolfnRAMFAN is online now Registered User

I want Dez Bryant! I saw him in person this year and he is a man among boys out there!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast