Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 29
  1. #1
    Molotov Guest

    I like dreaming...(Ram roster moves)

    1. Trade Avery and the #1 pick to the Broncos for Brandon Marshall and the #10 pick. (They're getting rid of Marshall one way or the other)
    2. Trade their 4th and 5th round picks for Vick.
    3. Use the Broncos #10 pick to draft DE Derrick Morgan
    4. Use their 2nd round pick to draft Sean Weatherspoon or Brandon Graham
    5. Use their 3rd round pick to draft Dan Lafavour (spelling?)

    Rams pick up 4 playmakers and their future QB.


  2. #2
    Roy G. Biv's Avatar
    Roy G. Biv is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    The Modern Day Dead Ráibéad
    Age
    41
    Posts
    251
    Rep Power
    18

    Re: I like dreaming...(Ram roster moves)

    When I hit my knees to pray tonight, I will plead with God that Billy Devaney's thought process is absolutely nothing like the one presented in this thread.

    Amen.
    "I'm not going to hide my opinions. They're coming to you between 7000-4000 Angstroms for all the world to see. Oh yes, you will be enlightened."

  3. #3
    PeoriaRam's Avatar
    PeoriaRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    2,173
    Rep Power
    40

    Re: I like dreaming...(Ram roster moves)

    And this is why Madden franchise mode on the easy setting is not a good GM trainer.

    FWIW Vick is not worth two depth picks, Marshall would demand a trade the second he got off the plane in St. Louis, and Weatherspoon probably will go in the late first, with Lefervour possibly not lasting to the 3rd.

  4. #4
    Aussie Dave's Avatar
    Aussie Dave is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Newcastle, NSW
    Posts
    365
    Rep Power
    11

    Re: I like dreaming...(Ram roster moves)

    For Avery and a no1 pick, I'd want a hell of a lot better than Brandon Marshall!

  5. #5
    tomahawk247's Avatar
    tomahawk247 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Essex, England
    Age
    28
    Posts
    4,927
    Rep Power
    57

    Re: I like dreaming...(Ram roster moves)

    You are talking about trading three draft picks and one young WR for Brandon Marshall and Mike Vick.

    Are you just trying to ruin the future of this franchise?

  6. #6
    Trevor's Avatar
    Trevor is online now Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vicenza, Italy From Hagerstown, MD
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,317
    Rep Power
    14

    Re: I like dreaming...(Ram roster moves)

    Quote Originally Posted by Roy G. Biv View Post
    When I hit my knees to pray tonight, I will plead with God that Billy Devaney's thought process is absolutely nothing like the one presented in this thread.

    Amen.
    lmfao! Too funny!

  7. #7
    Molotov Guest

    Re: I like dreaming...(Ram roster moves)

    Wow, I'm surprised you guys don't see the value of these pickups. The Rams desperately need PLAYMAKERS. Brandon Marshall is a top-5 receiver. Vick and Jackson in the backfield together would present a multitude of problems for defenses. And, the guy who asked why would I give up Avery and the #1 for Marshall, that's not what I proposed. Read slower.

    Depth picks for Vick. I say yes. And Lafavour will be there in the 3rd.

  8. #8
    macrammer's Avatar
    macrammer is online now Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Livermore, Ca/ Arnold,Ca
    Age
    55
    Posts
    2,328
    Rep Power
    31

    Re: I like dreaming...(Ram roster moves)

    Molotov,

    Your message is clear. The Rams have many holes to fill and we need some creative thinking to turn this ship around. Thanks for thinking outside of the box. I hope the FO does as well.

  9. #9
    Fettmaster's Avatar
    Fettmaster is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    1,311
    Rep Power
    25

    Re: I like dreaming...(Ram roster moves)

    Molotov, never mind those other guys.

    I would love to have Brandon Marshall on this team. He's one of the best football players in the NFL today period. I can't remember the last time we had a receiver with his physical attributes, and he'd most defiantly help out our QB this year,
    (Whoever he may be) but I think he'll be way too expensive, and that #1 pick might be a little more valuable at this time.

    And Vick at one time WAS a solid playmaker, but I didn't see anything from his time on the Eagles this year that would warrant giving up fourth and fifth round picks for him. But I don't hate him as much as some people on this board do, and would welcome Vick if he came cheap.

    I like your draft choices though, Sean Weatherspoon is the man.




  10. #10
    PeoriaRam's Avatar
    PeoriaRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    2,173
    Rep Power
    40

    Re: I like dreaming...(Ram roster moves)

    Quote Originally Posted by Molotov View Post
    Wow, I'm surprised you guys don't see the value of these pickups. The Rams desperately need PLAYMAKERS. Brandon Marshall is a top-5 receiver. Vick and Jackson in the backfield together would present a multitude of problems for defenses. And, the guy who asked why would I give up Avery and the #1 for Marshall, that's not what I proposed. Read slower.

    Depth picks for Vick. I say yes. And Lafavour will be there in the 3rd.
    We need "playmakers" who 1) Want to be here and 2) aren't 30.

    There's no way in heck that a diva personality like Marshall, who wanted out of Denver, is going to want to play in the football media black hole that is St. Louis. He will either demand a pay raise or a trade to a place with fans and a better media presence than Bernie. Possibly both.

    Michael Vick, who last consistently "made plays" 4 years ago, has 30 year old legs. 30 year old legs cannot "make plays". They can, however, be tackled by a zergling rush of linebackers and linemen past the 5 matadors we have up front. Additionally, trading two valuable depth picks for what amounts to a rental is Martzian in its short-sighted foolhardyness.

  11. #11
    Molotov Guest

    Re: I like dreaming...(Ram roster moves)

    Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaRam View Post
    Michael Vick, who last consistently "made plays" 4 years ago, has 30 year old legs. 30 year old legs cannot "make plays". They can, however, be tackled by a zergling rush of linebackers and linemen past the 5 matadors we have up front.
    Sorry, but I think our offensive line is above average. I'm expecting Smith to move to the left side, with Bell and Brown anchoring the RG and C. That should be 3 solid starters. If Barron returns to the right side, that leaves us with Setterstrom or Greco to fill Richie's old spot. Yeah, we could use one more guy up there, but if the guys we have would just stay healthy, we'd be alright.

    And another thing - Suh will NOT make us a better team this year. We need two things up front on the DL: a guy that can get to the QB consistently, and/or a 320 lb buy that can plug the middle. Suh is neither.

    All of the guys I mentioned will make the Rams a better team RIGHT NOW. But, yeah, I guess a couple of depth guys in the 4th and 5th round would be nice too.

  12. #12
    PeoriaRam's Avatar
    PeoriaRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    2,173
    Rep Power
    40

    Re: I like dreaming...(Ram roster moves)

    Quote Originally Posted by Molotov View Post
    Sorry, but I think our offensive line is above average. I'm expecting Smith to move to the left side, with Bell and Brown anchoring the RG and C. That should be 3 solid starters. If Barron returns to the right side, that leaves us with Setterstrom or Greco to fill Richie's old spot. Yeah, we could use one more guy up there, but if the guys we have would just stay healthy, we'd be alright.
    Our line got all 3 QBs hurt this year. Bulger twice. Until the QB casualty rate drops, I refuse to classify the line as anything above "average".


    And another thing - Suh will NOT make us a better team this year. We need two things up front on the DL: a guy that can get to the QB consistently, and/or a 320 lb buy that can plug the middle. Suh is neither.
    Actually based on his collegiate performance, he's both. The Big XII has some pretty good lines, and he demolished them.

    All of the guys I mentioned will make the Rams a better team RIGHT NOW. But, yeah, I guess a couple of depth guys in the 4th and 5th round would be nice too.
    We're not about winning RIGHT NOW because we can't. We are, however, about building for the future to win then because we can.

  13. #13
    laram0's Avatar
    laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Age
    57
    Posts
    9,312
    Rep Power
    109

    Re: I like dreaming...(Ram roster moves)

    Quote Originally Posted by macrammer View Post
    Molotov,

    Your message is clear. The Rams have many holes to fill and we need some creative thinking to turn this ship around. Thanks for thinking outside of the box. I hope the FO does as well.
    There are definitely going to be alot of changes this offseason. This kind of thinking is for a quick fix. Not saying I don't like it but I think Devaney/Spags are more into building a foundation for the long haul.


  14. #14
    Molotov Guest

    Re: I like dreaming...(Ram roster moves)

    Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaRam View Post
    Our line got all 3 QBs hurt this year. Bulger twice. Until the QB casualty rate drops, I refuse to classify the line as anything above "average".




    Actually based on his collegiate performance, he's both. The Big XII has some pretty good lines, and he demolished them.



    We're not about winning RIGHT NOW because we can't. We are, however, about building for the future to win then because we can.
    Warner is retiring, and they may lose Berry and Boldin. The Seahawks are in pretty bad shape. The ***** are good, but beatable. Essentially, the NFC West is up for grabs next season. The Rams were the 2nd youngest team in the league, and had the most dead money in the league. Now, they are positioned for accelerated improvement. If they made the additions I proposed, they CAN win next year.

  15. #15
    macrammer's Avatar
    macrammer is online now Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Livermore, Ca/ Arnold,Ca
    Age
    55
    Posts
    2,328
    Rep Power
    31

    Re: I like dreaming...(Ram roster moves)

    Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    There are definitely going to be alot of changes this offseason. This kind of thinking is for a quick fix. Not saying I don't like it but I think Devaney/Spags are more into building a foundation for the long haul.



    I certainly hope we see alot of changes this season. Foundation building that is currently underway is not as sexy as quick fixes but is required here. Ramns simply have too many holes. I do think all angles need to be explored including trading top pick for more selections. No stone should be left unturned.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Rams Make Roster Moves...
    By Varg6 in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: -07-27-2006, 12:18 AM
  2. Roster Moves...(Crystal Ball)
    By AugustaRamFan in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: -09-06-2005, 08:41 PM
  3. Rams Make Roster Moves
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -01-21-2005, 09:18 AM
  4. Salary Cap Request
    By HUbison in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: -12-31-2004, 02:48 AM
  5. Rams Make Roster Moves
    By RamDez in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -06-14-2004, 01:46 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •