Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

I like our chances.....

Flash back....

Sunday 9/30/07 at Irving,Texas.

Cowboys beat our RAMS 35-7

Tony Romo had a huge day passing:
    21/33- 339yds- 3TDs- 1 int

He also contributed a 15 yard run for a TD.

Not to mention his crazy scramble that gave the Cowboys the momentum going into the half. By the the way the score at the half was 14-7 Cowboys.
    Should have been 14-10...Wilkins missed a 28 yd fg in the 2nd quarter.

Patrick Crayton killed us also by torching Rams cb L.Walls for a 59 yard TD and a 37 Yard TD. (L.Walls isn't on our roster this season)

We played that game without:
    Steven Jackson
    Orlando Pace
    Richie Incognito
    Leonard Little
    Tye Hill

Fast forward to this Sunday.

Seems like this matchup has done a 180.

The game is at St. Louis and the Cowboys are coming in missing some key players most notably Tony Romo. Felix Jones is big loss for the Cowboys also.

Again, like the thread title says "I Like Our Chances"

GO RAMS!!!

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Re: I like our chances.....

What a great game that was....thanks for bringing up the details laram0.....grrrrrr.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Americas Team is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    Flash back....

Sunday 9/30/07 at Irving,Texas.

Cowboys beat our RAMS 35-7

Tony Romo had a huge day passing:
    21/33- 339yds- 3TDs- 1 int

He also contributed a 15 yard run for a TD.

Not to mention his crazy scramble that gave the Cowboys the momentum going into the half. By the the way the score at the half was 14-7 Cowboys.
    Should have been 14-10...Wilkins missed a 28 yd fg in the 2nd quarter.

Patrick Crayton killed us also by torching Rams cb L.Walls for a 59 yard TD and a 37 Yard TD. (L.Walls isn't on our roster this season)

We played that game without:
    Steven Jackson
    Orlando Pace
    Richie Incognito
    Leonard Little
    Tye Hill

Fast forward to this Sunday.

Seems like this matchup has done a 180.

The game is at St. Louis and the Cowboys are coming in missing some key players most notably Tony Romo. Felix Jones is big loss for the Cowboys also.

Again, like the thread title says "I Like Our Chances"

GO RAMS!!!
    And the 'Boys are still favored to win. The Rams would have been average team at best with a healthy roster last season. The Cowboys were one of the best teams in the league. The Rams of this year are playing just as bad, despite your victory this past Sunday. The Cowboys are more than capable of winning with the players who will replace the injured players this weekend. We're definently missing some key players for a little while, but lets not forget all of the players that we still have (and just added).

majorram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Americas Team View Post
    And the 'Boys are still favored to win. The Rams would have been average team at best with a healthy roster last season. The Cowboys were one of the best teams in the league. The Rams of this year are playing just as bad, despite your victory this past Sunday. The Cowboys are more than capable of winning with the players who will replace the injured players this weekend. We're definently missing some key players for a little while, but lets not forget all of the players that we still have (and just added).
    any given sunday mate!!! don't underestimate us!!

steve
    "The breakfast Club"

Well us having Steven Jackson and you not having Tony Romo certainly makes this an interesting game. There's no denying that.

I'm not saying the Rams can't win. Anyone can beat the Cowboys with the way they played lately. I just don't think you should be too surprised if they Cowboys win, and possibly win big. One of my greatest concerns is where they are at mentally. They have all the talent in the world. They just need to focus on what will get them to the promised land (Tampa).

Even if the Rams lose you shouldn't feel like it's all over. This game signals the end of you NFC East game. Your division seems weaker than usual at the moment. You could easily climb back into it with wins against your division foes. Those games are the toughest to win. If you lose this game and lose to the Cardinals in November then it 's time to start thinking about next season because the NFC has taken off and it isn't slowing down.

I'm not saying the Rams can't win. Anyone can beat the Cowboys with the way they played lately. I just don't think you should be too surprised if they Cowboys win, and possibly win big. One of my greatest concerns is where they are at mentally. They have all the talent in the world. They just need to focus on what will get them to the promised land (Tampa).

Even if the Rams lose you shouldn't feel like it's all over. This game signals the end of you NFC East game. Your division seems weaker than usual at the moment. You could easily climb back into it with wins against your division foes. Those games are the toughest to win. If you lose this game and lose to the Cardinals in November then it 's time to start thinking about next season because the NFC has taken off and it isn't slowing down.
    I won't be surprised if the Cowboys win. I will be surprised if they win big though.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Good post laram0. I wouldn't be surprised if the Cowboys win at all. They're still a solid team. However, if they win like they did last season, then I would be surprised. This game is going to be good for the Rams.

Now don't be shocked if the Rams win either. We're going to take advantage of your injuries.

Witten_82 is offline Registered User

The Rams defensively were playing like a team with nothing to lose...which is very scary if they get to Johnson like they were getting to Campbell. Hopefully our line remembers that they are one of the best in the NFL unlike the identity crisis they had vs. Arizona.

blood85 is offline Registered User

Again, the key will be to get to Johnson, disrupt the timing patterns, to give us a chance!

Truth is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by blood85 View Post
    Again, the key will be to get to Johnson, disrupt the timing patterns, to give us a chance!

I agree. Johnson is a savvy veteran, but FAR from mobile. If we can get to him (And stop Barber) we have a chance. If we don't put pressure on Johnson, or can't stop Barber, it will be a very long afternoon.
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

Azul e Oro is online now Registered User

All smack talk aside-not easy for me since I've had a deep & abiding hatred for Dallas for over 30 years- I'm a little disgusted by the use of words like "kill" & "blood" when talking about a football game .

I thought after Tillman's tragic death in Afghanistan brought it into focus, we as fans had got past comparing a sport to war or animals hunting one another.

It's not my place to scold or apologize for anyone else's words on this forum but I felt compelled to say that.

Back to football; a few questions for the visiting Dallas guys;

How do you view Phillips' performance as HC at this point?

Injuries are not helping but Jerry bought him this star-studded roster & the performance has been underwhelming when you lose to the hated Skins at home & squeak by Philly ?

I only watched a couple of hard Knocks episodes but it seemed like Wade is more like Grandpa Walton-the genial nominal head of the family while Jerry makes all the decisions.

I also wonder why Jerry didn't discipline Pac himself.Is that his ego not allowing him to admit the experiment was a failure?

How do you feel about having a 40 yr old back-up at QB?

Maybe BJ will shock us all & play lights out but it seems like a risky roster decision for a team that's been thinking SB since last Jan.

I'd even be concerned about your lauded OC. The failure to stick with the run vs The Skins was astounding to me. I am also enjoying the failure to keep TO involved. Tick..tick...tick..
    sorry..had to get a little smack in there!

We here at Ram Nation know only too well what coaching/FO intangibles, or the lack of them, can do to the performance of good players.

What say ye?
    Last edited by Azul e Oro; -10-15-2008 at 05:55 PM.

Witten_82 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Azul e Oro View Post
    All smack talk aside-not easy for me since I've had a deep & abiding hatred for Dallas for over 30 years- I'm a little disgusted by the use of words like "kill" & "blood" when talking about a football game .

I thought after Tillman's tragic death in Afghanistan brought it into focus, we as fans had got past comparing a sport to war or animals hunting one another.

It's not my place to scold or apologize for anyone else's words on this forum but I felt compelled to say that.

Injuries are not helping but Jerry bought him this star-studded roster & the performance has been underwhelming when you lose to the hated Skins at home & squeak by Philly ?

I only watched a couple of hard Knocks episodes but it seemed like Wade is more like Grandpa Walton-the genial nominal head of the family while Jerry makes all the decisions.

I also wonder why Jerry didn't discipline Pac himself.Is that his ego not allowing him to admit the experiment was a failure?

Maybe BJ will shock us all & play lights out but it seems like a risky roster decision for a team that's been thinking SB since last Jan.

I'd even be concerned about your lauded OC. The failure to stick with the run vs The Skins was astounding to me. I am also enjoying the failure to keep TO involved. Tick..tick...tick..

We here at Ram Nation know only too well what coaching/FO intangibles, or the lack of them, can do to the performance of good players.

What say ye?

I do get tired of Wade sometimes cause I don;t really feel like he has a hold on the team and sometimes his nice guy routine is really annoying.

As for Garrett he is still relatively new to being an OC and I do feel like he does learn from his mistakes.

Johnson isn't being asked to win any games just being asked to manage and I feel that he is fully capable of getting the job done.

Ram Dragoon is offline Registered User

Actually this game will likely come down to DEFENSE for the Rams to pull out a victory. Be it Romo or Johnson, its going to come down to getting pressure on QB. I still think its a game where Dallas will rely on Witten/Barber because Johnson is an unknown for the Dallas staff.

The Rams D has to keep the ball within the first 15 yards on passing plays and keep Barber to 4 or less yards per run. That all means Run Blitzs, stunts, Safty/CB blitzs. Lastly special teams have to come up big to give the Rams Offense as short a field as possible.

If the Dallas line can buy time for Johnson, its going to be a long day for the Rams. And since the Rams are not known for its strength in pressuring the QB, its going to come down to carefully engineered Blitzs.

Again, there has to always be someone assigned to attack Barber or Witten. I like the idea of bringing LB to come up from the opposite end of the field to go after Witten to play either Witten or the Ball. Where as for Barber the strong side LB and/or safty

Quote Originally Posted by Azul e Oro View Post

What say ye?
    I'm really tired of Phillips right now. I think he's too defensive and his attitude is nuturing any overconfidence that the team may have. I think he's gone for sure if Dallas win a playoff game. His job may still be on the line if the Cowboys get to Tampa. And I'm not so sure if Jerry will still want to give the job to Garrett if the offense continues to be subpar. However, with the addition of Roy Williams, I think the offense will be rolling a month from and into the playoffs.

I don't think anyone is concerned with Brad Johnson being the QB. The Cowboys need to get a younger QB to groom behind Romo, but Johnson is just fine for now. I think he'll perform well if he actually plays. I don't think he'll be throwing for 300 yards but 200+ yards and 2 or three TD's seems reasonable. The running games effectiveness will determine a few things also.

I definently think this is a game that the Cowboys should win. This week has been weird but I feel like they are focused. The Rams will have to do a lot better than last week to beat this team. The Rams would beat the Redskins 1-out-of-10 times and last week was that one time. The Cowboys should really be worried if they lose because this should be a win even with all the injuries.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast