Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RAMarkable is online now Registered User

Re: I look forward to the end of the blind squirrel regime

I lived in Anaheim back in the time that this write refers to and I can vouch for just about everything he has said. About the only thing I take exception with is his rather caustic comment about Chuck Knox. I do definitely recall that the majority of Rams fans and the So. Cal area as a whole were thoroughly disgusted with this poor excuse of an owner and were more than happy to see the "wench with the stench" hit the road. Sidenote: Of course most Cali fans thought that they would have a replacement for the Rams in about 6 weeks or so. Guess that hasn't worked out so well. Sigh, It's painful for me to recall the death of Carroll Rosenbloom. He was a great owner and would NEVER have allowed all of the garbage of the past years to have happened. I also recall during some of the darkest days just prior to the Rams leaving Anaheim, that I always thought that when Mr. Rosenbloom drowned in the ocean he, unfortunately, took the Rams with him. Whew!! man is this bringing back some horrible memories. I gotta go now.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

I do definitely recall that the majority of Rams fans and the So. Cal area as a whole were thoroughly disgusted with this poor excuse of an owner and were more than happy to see the "wench with the stench" hit the road.
    Haven't we just spent the past few weeks with the LA fans reaming out the St. Louis fans for this same thing?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Haven't we just spent the past few weeks with the LA fans reaming out the St. Louis fans for this same thing?
    Not sure I follow what you mean here, HUb. Could you please elaborate?

WHAT SAY YE?

MauiRam is online now Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by RAMarkable View Post
    I'll second that request ,,

WHAT SAY YE?
    When the Pack fans and Steelers fans "invaded" (ie. bought tickets from Rams season ticket holders) the dome, wasn't it a lot of LA fans that were knocking on the St. Louis fans?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    When the Pack fans and Steelers fans "invaded" (ie. bought tickets from Rams season ticket holders) the dome, wasn't it a lot of LA fans that were knocking on the St. Louis fans?
    How should I know what geographical areas of the globe were directing the most criticism to St. Louis fans? And, for that matter, why on earth would anybody care at this point? Heh! You've obviously never been to a So. Cal. sporting event. If you ever do you will notice the colors and uniforms of just about every team in existence (irregardless of the sport). So basically Cali fans have nothing to say about perceived lack of team loyalty on anyone else's part. But this is all besides the point: The real "enemy" if you will , is and always has been our current uncaring, slothful, and money-grubbing ownership. So let's keep our eyes on the ball, O.K.?

WHAT SAY YE?

How should I know what geographical areas of the globe were directing the most criticism to St. Louis fans?
    You wouldn't..........unless they said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by RAMarkable
    And, for that matter, why on earth would anybody care at this point?
    I don't know. Your guess is as good as mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by RAMarkable
    Heh! You've obviously never been to a So. Cal. sporting event. If you ever do you will notice the colors and uniforms of just about every team in existence (irregardless of the sport). So basically Cali fans have nothing to say about perceived lack of team loyalty on anyone else's part.
    Hmm, interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramarkable
    But this is all besides the point: The real "enemy" if you will , is and always has been our current uncaring, slothful, and money-grubbing ownership. So let's keep our eyes on the ball, O.K.?

WHAT SAY YE?
    Yes, let's.

ramsanddodgers is offline Registered User

Los Angeles has long been known for the lackadaisicality (new word I just made up) of it's fans no matter what the sport.

Sporting events there are pretty much just entertainment and there is always something there competing for whatever disposable income which can be spared for entertainment.

They joke that in L.A. people will leave, um, "relations" (family site) early to beat the traffic so why would they not leave a game before it is over.

It is a major hit to most families to take the kids to a sporting event after the parking, concessions and tickets are paid for. But as long as tickets sell they can charge what they want and if they don't they can move to where they can fleece different fans.

This is off on a tangent from the original post, I do believe.
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

This is off on a tangent from the original post, I do believe.
    Only slightly, but we can bring it back to center with this......

Rams fans from two different time zones have had to witness first-hand the laissez faire ownership that gives the fanbase a product somewhere between Antoinette's cake and Nero's fiddle.

However, it would appear that ownership may be changing in the very near future. Does the movie-maker son have an interest in the real longest yard (and the longest tax bill that goes with it). Or does the minority shareholder put all his eggs in one franchise basket? Or will the owner's box have a brand new as yet unknown proprietor?

2008 may be more interesting off the field than on.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

I went to a bunch of Rams games in the 80's in LA, they were a vocal bunch but they weren't as fanatical 'loyal" like some here would like you to believe. The ones on this site were, but there were a bunch wondering what the surf was like at beach also.

It's tough for people in SoCal. There is so much to do, and the weather is gorgeous.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12