Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I promise you

Rambos is offline Registered User

I promise you

“It’s a different locker room this year,” Bulger said. “We know we are getting better. This thing is going to turn whether it’s next week, the week after, three weeks from now. It’s going to turn. I promise you that.”

Go Rams!

RealRam is offline Registered User

Re: I promise you

Great and exemplary attitude but please, PROMISE it'll be for this coming home opener! CAN DO! / GO RAMS!

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Bulger...pssh, what a bum!

But seriously, it's good to see that they aren't getting discouraged. Yesterday was definitely a tough loss, but I know I'm also seeing improvement with the team and the only way to go is up. It'll be interesting to see how we look after week 12 and so on. I bet this team will be more in-sync in the trenches and less penalties/dumb mistakes. What this team needs is consistency with the playbook and the players...I believe that Spags is going to be a great head coach and it'll be great to finally have some momentum. I like the direction this team is going in regardless of how frustrating these two losses have been. We just have to be patient, my gut-feeling says that good things are ahead of us.
    Last edited by Varg6; -09-21-2009 at 08:20 PM.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

I appreciate Bulger's attitude and optimism, but I'll believe things have changed when I actually see a victory. Twenty nine of my last thirty four Sundays have ended with me being pissed off- so forgive my reluctance to accept this statement on face value.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Things are changing. We saw a huge improvement from week one to week two. Absolutely huge improvement.

Held them without a touchdown.
    Stopped them on key downs
    Got pressure on the QB (not too much, but more than week one)
    Stopped the run a little more effectively
    Gave the ball to Jackson
    Scored

Those are things we really didn't do too well in week one. So the ship will eventually sail with the wind guys.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Devaney, if you care about this team... fire the offensive coordinator!!!!

makersncoke is offline Registered User

This team is going to be better, Spags I feel is the right man for the job, there are new faces and fresh attitudes that can only help this team get better. What we all have to remember,(myself included) is that this team didn't fall from grace overnight, it took awhile for them to get this bad and it's going to take awhile for them to get better.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

blood85 is offline Registered User

I'm glad the team is making progress, however, I'd still like a "W", it's hard going to work, the week is especially long,when we lose.

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

When I'm down or upset, I usually do one of two things; stuff my face with junk food or work out. The former gives me an almost indecent amount of pleasure ( love me some chocolate!) but then, of course, I feel even worse. The workout effects aren't as instantly gratifying but since I know it has longterm benefits, the good feeling lasts longer & has a more temporary downside of fatigue and pain.

The win vs The Skins last year felt like a junk food high. This week's loss hurts but it's that "good kind of sore".

I'll continue to be critical of players and coaches game2game; half the fun is trying to see where & how these guys need to get better & hopefully watching it happen, but now I can really believe what Bulger is saying from what I saw change from the first to second game.

Mooselini summed up the team performance signifiers beautifully. I would only add that I saw something in the way Bulger played. I think he's always been a tough guy who gives his best without complaint but there was a determination in the way he stood his ground,threw the ball and took those hits that was a bit more like the Marc of the good old days.

I think he's digging a little deeper because he really believes it will be worth it, not just because he's a pro. I'm gonna try to follow his lead even if it hurts a bit.

Even when the media want us to believe differently; there's an observation in Coats' report today that it's hard to say which is worse; getting outscored last year in the first two games 79-16 or 37-7 this season. That is idiotic. There is a world of difference if you actually watched those games.

Just say no to the junk food of negativity !

molar_pistol is offline Registered User

this team improved throughout the preseason and certainly from week 1 to week 2. if we see similar improvement it won't be hard to see us turn it around within the next few weeks, we're a play or two away from winning rather than a play or two away from being in it. i hope scott steps up at some point this season, he's probably the biggest guy with the most strength we have at dt besides thomas and could be a difference maker if he catches up.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

If we look at the improvement in the team from week one to week two, and then extend it to week 3, it looks very promising

the rams o, having not scored a TD in the opening game, and then improving by one TD in week two, look to score two TDs against the Packers.

the Rams D, having given up 4 TDs in week one and then reduced that number by 4 in week two, projects to give up minus 4 TDs. This i can only assume means that the Rams D will score 4 TDs from turnovers.

Therefore i expect to see the Rams score 42 points off TDs

unorthodox1999 is offline Registered User

Good for Bulger, no reason to sit there and sob about anything..if you know things are getting better as you go along then by all means be proud of it, instead of saying a "they were the better team" cliche...

Very good to see him say something like this, and congratulations to him for being the Rams all time leading QB thus far..

ramsanddodgers is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by unorthodox1999 View Post
    Good for Bulger, no reason to sit there and sob about anything..if you know things are getting better as you go along then by all means be proud of it, instead of saying a "they were the better team" cliche...

Very good to see him say something like this, and congratulations to him for being the Rams all time leading QB thus far..

See why stats are misleading? THe MOST IMPORTANT stat is the W?!?!?
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

unorthodox1999 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ramsanddodgers View Post
    See why stats are misleading? THe MOST IMPORTANT stat is the W?!?!?
    Are you asking me, or trying to state the obvious?..Dont take it as me saying, "Well we didnt win but at least Bulgers in the books!"..

Please do not let a simple Congratulations mislead you into thinking that I, as a Rams faithful, have become satisfied with settling for less in finding a good thing coming from a loss..But im sure your a smart man so i'll give you the benefit of the doubt..

DaRam13 is offline Registered User

Well we got some firsts out of the way this week. First touchdown scored for the season. First lead in a game. First halftime lead in a game. First sack of the season. Let's see when that first "W' happens. Go Rams!

ramsanddodgers is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by unorthodox1999 View Post
    Are you asking me, or trying to state the obvious?..Dont take it as me saying, "Well we didnt win but at least Bulgers in the books!"..

Please do not let a simple Congratulations mislead you into thinking that I, as a Rams faithful, have become satisfied with settling for less in finding a good thing coming from a loss..But im sure your a smart man so i'll give you the benefit of the doubt..
    Unorthodox,

I did not mean to ruffle any feathers. I have stated on this board many times how I am not a stats person. I realize that is all we have to compare players historically. Compiled they may lead one on but I personally would rather forego stats and win some games.

My apologies, sir.
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast