Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    benton45™ is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    28
    Rep Power
    0

    I promised to come back

    I said in a couple threads that I would come back this evening, no matter the outcome.

    Here I am.

    I am not here to be rude....we had plenty of Vikes fan rubbing salt in the wounds last sunday night..and that is unsportsmanlike.

    the Rams playes a good game in the 1st half. One special teams play was the difference at the half...I was impressed by the Rams after 30..and upset with the Niners.

    The 2nd half the Niners brought it.

    Your team is in a rebuild mode, and in trouble until it gets sold. The Rams kept playing ball though.

    Good luck with the rest of the year. You guys can beat Tampa, Cleveland and Detroit. Let's hope you pick a couple up against the Hawks and Cards too.

    Thank you guys for the respectable conversation this week. This board has made me respect your fanbase.

    Again, good luck...and see you soon.


  2. #2
    RamsInfiniti's Avatar
    RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    R.I.P.
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,743
    Rep Power
    77

    Re: I promised to come back

    Quote Originally Posted by benton45™ View Post
    I said in a couple threads that I would come back this evening, no matter the outcome.

    Here I am.

    I am not here to be rude....we had plenty of Vikes fan rubbing salt in the wounds last sunday night..and that is unsportsmanlike.

    the Rams playes a good game in the 1st half. One special teams play was the difference at the half...I was impressed by the Rams after 30..and upset with the Niners.

    The 2nd half the Niners brought it.

    Your team is in a rebuild mode, and in trouble until it gets sold. The Rams kept playing ball though.

    Good luck with the rest of the year. You guys can beat Tampa, Cleveland and Detroit. Let's hope you pick a couple up against the Hawks and Cards too.

    Thank you guys for the respectable conversation this week. This board has made me respect your fanbase.

    Again, good luck...and see you soon.
    You should be impressed by the Ram defense for 60. Because if we have even a mediocre offense, you likely don't amass 150 yards total offense ....

  3. #3
    AlphaRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    a
    Posts
    2,521
    Rep Power
    75

    Re: I promised to come back

    I appreciate your coming back and your sportsmanship. That being said, I hate the buttkicking that we took today.

  4. #4
    benton45™ is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    28
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: I promised to come back

    Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    You should be impressed by the Ram defense for 60. Because if we have even a mediocre offense, you likely don't amass 150 yards total offense ....
    I was definately impressed with your D for 60. That goes into my statement that your team kept bringing it.

    Your defense played tough. I think our offense's lack of ability helped that...but either way..

    the rams played for 60 minutes..your problem is coaching and management.

    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaRam View Post
    I appreciate your coming back and your sportsmanship. That being said, I hate the buttkicking that we took today.
    thank you. Its a game..although I let myself be encompassed by it. Still though...its a game. It is all for entertainment. I was worried for over 1/2 of it.

    good luck to you guys.

    I know that you hate to hear this..but your season is to be a spoiler ...I hope you can spoil the Hawks and Cards. That would help my team out alot.

  5. #5
    UtterBlitz's Avatar
    UtterBlitz is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    3,439
    Rep Power
    41

    Re: I promised to come back

    Ha...spoiler....that's funny.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  6. #6
    benton45™ is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    28
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: I promised to come back

    Quote Originally Posted by UtterBlitz View Post
    Ha...spoiler....that's funny.

    funny?

    so youre saying your team is going to find its muse and go 10-2 in the next 12 games?

  7. #7
    Azul e Oro is online now Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    CALIFORNIA
    Posts
    2,396
    Rep Power
    72

    Re: I promised to come back

    Quote Originally Posted by benton45™ View Post
    funny?

    so youre saying your team is going to find its muse and go 10-2 in the next 12 games?
    Given the way the season has gone for The Rams so far, I think he's laughing at the idea of the team spoiling anything but our Sundays for a while.

    I'm a little more optimistic. Either the 9ers have taken a big step backwards offensively or our DL is finally starting to come together. Probably a bit of both.

    At least now you've seen firsthand what I meant about the endless boneheaded mistakes. I remain patient with the greenhorns ; for every screw-up, there's a flash or two of real ability,eg Amendola, Avery,Fells, Burton,Fletcher.

    Not so thrilled with the OC. Individual play calls and overall gameplans,esp halftime adjustments, by Shurmur have been pathetic in all 4 games,imo, & I'm within a hair's breadth of calling for his head.

    Credit to SF,though; they grasped the chances when they presented themselves & their D kept Jackson from being a factor...whenever the Rams didn't do it themselves.

    You also understand why the Boller vs Bulger debate rages on here. It was clear to me that he wasn't the difference today either way.

    With the way all the other teams are playing, the NFCW may be SF's to lose but there's a lot of teams to beat outside the division who will take advantage of their weak O. That O-line has issues,imo, & even the best efforts of Morgan & VD will be wasted until that's fixed.

    I hope both squads are at full strength at the next meeting & it's your Xmas The Rams spoil. Lol.
    Last edited by Azul e Oro; -10-04-2009 at 11:39 PM.

  8. #8
    benton45™ is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    28
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: I promised to come back

    Quote Originally Posted by Azul e Oro View Post
    Given the way the season has gone for The Rams so far, I think he's laughing at the idea of the team spoiling anything but our Sundays for a while.

    I'm a little more optimistic. Either the 9ers have taken a big step backwards offensively or our DL is finally starting to come together. Probably a bit of both.

    At least now you've seen firsthand what I meant about the endless boneheaded mistakes. I remain patient with the greenhorns ; for every screw-up, there's a flash or two of real ability,eg Amendola, Avery,Fells, Burton,Fletcher.

    Not so thrilled with the OC. Individual play calls and overall gameplans,esp halftime adjustments, by Shurmur have been pathetic in all 4 games,imo, & I'm within a hair's breadth of calling for his head.

    Credit to SF,though; they grasped the chances when they presented themselves & their D kept Jackson from being a factor...whenever the Rams didn't do it themselves.

    You also understand why the Boller vs Bulger debate rages on here. It was clear to me that he wasn't the difference today either way.

    With the way all the other teams are playing, the NFCW may be SF's to lose but there's a lot of teams to beat outside the division who will take advantage of their weak O. That O-line has issues,imo, & even the best efforts of Morgan & VD will be wasted until that's fixed.

    I hope both squads are at full strength at the next meeting & it's your Xmas The Rams spoil. Lol.
    The rams definately have bright spots. That Avery kid is a talent. you are completely right..they make way too many mistakes both mentally and phisically.

    The Niners offense really underachieved today. That is coaching. Sing is committed to the run..and the niners are not an elite running team even with gore. With that said..I thought your D played pretty decent today.

  9. #9
    Azul e Oro is online now Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    CALIFORNIA
    Posts
    2,396
    Rep Power
    72

    Re: I promised to come back

    Quote Originally Posted by McKnight View Post
    LOL Now I'm Laughing. UtterBlitz is not a "he" lol she is a she. and her name is Renee. but it's all good Azul E Oro

    My apologies to Renee.

    I stand corrected, Romeo. Glad to see you're keeping your focus on the important things in life. LOL.

  10. #10
    knightfall is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    6
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: I promised to come back

    I have to say, you guys have a great classy fanbase here. The Niner .com board is full of idiots. It's nice to see a thread like this not degenerate into childlike fits.

    Hopefully, you guys beat the Cards twice this year and help us out.

    Good luck the rest of the season (with the exception of the game against us).

  11. #11
    tomahawk247's Avatar
    tomahawk247 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Essex, England
    Age
    28
    Posts
    4,752
    Rep Power
    57

    Re: I promised to come back

    It was a close game ruined by Rams penalties and turnovers. Defensively both teams did well to stop the running backs from breaking loose, but the Niners passing game was much better than ours.

    Its fair to say that Patrick Willis is one of the best MLBs in the NFL, if not the best. The guy is beastly.

  12. #12
    Azul e Oro is online now Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    CALIFORNIA
    Posts
    2,396
    Rep Power
    72

    Re: I promised to come back

    Quote Originally Posted by McKnight View Post
    LOL I'm sorry
    No need to apologize for looking out for a lady's interests, esp a Clan lady of UtterBlitz's standing.

    Unless, of course, your motivation was less than purely...um...Mcknightly...you sly dog...

  13. #13
    Ahmedrams81's Avatar
    Ahmedrams81 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Posts
    642
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: I promised to come back

    The muffed punt for a whiner TD kiled the morale of the team before the half. Of course, like always, the offense couldn't get anything going afterwards. I thought on that drive where Avery picked up the first on 3rd and 15 that we may actually score on that drive and build momentum. Another huge drive killer earlier on was Brown's missed FG. I hate this guy, he's no where near as clutch as he used to be. I feel like, in a sense, he's still working for the Seahags lol. That 3rd down and like 12 conversion to Vernon Davis made me sick. He was WIDE OPEN........ on 3rd and LONG! C'mon, where's the defense. Overall just a horrible performance. Fumbles on kickoffs and INT return for TDs by LBs is unexcusable.

Similar Threads

  1. Battle for Running Back Spot Still Developing
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -08-20-2007, 08:42 PM
  2. Coakley Back to Business
    By RamsFan16 in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: -06-10-2006, 08:10 PM
  3. Turley still rehabbing from back injury
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -06-07-2005, 04:40 PM
  4. Back ailment has hindered Archuleta
    By RamTime in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -11-29-2004, 02:26 AM
  5. The RAMS are back in town
    By WisRamsFan in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -09-19-2004, 10:40 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •