Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

I really hope that I am wrong !!

Ever since the news of Georgia's illness became public; the announcement that Linehan was getting another year, along with speculation that Shaw may well be in his last year as Rams CEO, I've had a horrible sinking feeling about our beloved Rams. As a rule I'm a "cup half full" kind of guy, but it's hard to see much of anything in the cup about now when it comes to the current state of the Rams.

If Georgia is terminally ill and the franchise is going to change hands, Shaw will amost certainly be done -- Ziggy too unless Chip tries to retain the team and even then it is unlikely if Chip has half a brain. Given these circumstances how can Shaw or Ziggy possibly lure anyone of current merit to the coachiing staff. If the Rams change ownership at some point this year or early in 2009, it is certainly no secret that there will be a grand housecleaning from top to bottom. What kind of job security can Shaw possibly offer? Heck if I can figure this out, I can only imagine what legitimate coaches who are seeking employment for 2008 must think when it comes to the Rams.

I think Shaw's retaining of Linehan has nothing to do with "fairness" -- if so why did he fire Boudreau? I believe Linehan was retained because Shaw knows the whole ball of wax is going to be blown up in the not too distant future. That being the case, the incentive to make sweeping changes simply isn't there. For all we know Shaw is spending more time on Georgia's estate along with his next career move (retirement possibly), than righting the Rams' ship. If any of this is true, why would any legit coach wish to go to work for a lame-duck front office and head coach? Al Saunders who purportedly makes more than Linny now?? Bah ... Cam Cameron ..? Cam needs to resurrect his career by winning. If he were to come here he'd have one season to turn things around -- not likely ...

If we thought the 2007 season was a long one, I can't help what we'll be thinking midway through 2008. Yes we have the #2 overall pick in the 2008 draft, but who will be pulling the trigger on that decision? Right now things look bleaker for this Ram fan than they have in a long, long, time - particularly with the news that Mike Martz will be on an opposing sideline twice a year for who knows how long ... Like the thread title says: I really hope that I am wrong ...
    Last edited by MauiRam; -01-09-2008 at 04:20 PM.

bruce4life is online now Registered User

Re: I really hope that I am wrong !!

thats a great perspective and what is most likely to happen my friend. Do I want this to happen to our beloved rams, no, but it sure iis looking that way!!

mdram is offline Registered User

I agree with you and it might have to happen for us to improve as a team.
    Lets hope for new owners in less then two years.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

To be honest, I really hope this is exactly what's happening. A change of ownership and a total housecleaning is EXACTLY what this franchise needs. I've been saying this since, oh, about 1979, when the dancer took over.

I hate to rain on anyone's parade, but since the dancer and her sidekick(s) in the FO took control of my (our) Rams, it's been downhill since, with the exception of the 1999 season, of course, when all the stars somehow aligned.

It's been my feeling since the dancer took control that this organization is not any player, or any coach's first choice. When was the last time we pulled in a top-tier coach? So why is anyone surprised they may be screwing it up now. Some people need to put down the kool-aid. This organization is a disaster. The attitude and perspectives that coaches have of this franchise will not change until the ownership and FO change. This is the only way it will happen. It really cannot get any worse, can it? We need a committed, knowlegable and focused FO to turn this thing around. And when I say that, I say it NOT because of the 3-13 record. It's the 4 winning seasons in the last 18 that I base my statements on. I'm sick of it, and I'm sick of the dancer and her team of clowns.

...what this organization needs is a complete and thorough enima.

Personally, I can't wait for a sorry 2008 Ram team to beat up on a sorry Whiner offense lead by MM.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    To be honest, I really hope this is exactly what's happening. A change of ownership and a total housecleaning is EXACTLY what this franchise needs. I've been saying this since, oh, about 1979, when the dancer took over.

I hate to rain on anyone's parade, but since the dancer and her sidekick(s) in the FO took control of my (our) Rams, it's been downhill since, with the exception of the 1999 season, of course, when all the stars somehow aligned.

It's been my feeling since the dancer took control that this organization is not any player, or any coach's first choice. When was the last time we pulled in a top-tier coach? So why is anyone surprised they may be screwing it up now. Some people need to put down the kool-aid. This organization is a disaster. The attitude and perspectives that coaches have of this franchise will not change until the ownership and FO change. This is the only way it will happen. It really cannot get any worse, can it? We need a committed, knowlegable and focused FO to turn this thing around. And when I say that, I say it NOT because of the 3-13 record. It's the 4 winning seasons in the last 18 that I base my statements on. I'm sick of it, and I'm sick of the dancer and her team of clowns.

Personally, I can't wait for a sorry 2008 Ram team to beat up on a sorry Whiner offense lead by MM.
    Excellent post RFR. I totally agree with everything you stated with the one exception of being unable to attract a top level coach. I would put Dick Vermeil and Chuck Knox in that category; though for the life of me, I have a hard time figuring why Knox returned for a second go-round and Vermeil came out of retirement for this gig. Now we all sit a wait with bated breath over whether Cam Cameron will be nutz enough to take the OC job. Heh! Life as a Rams fan: it's kinda like Chinese torture only with no water.

WHAT SAY YE?

Mooselini is offline Registered User

We can only hope that the new FO takes good control and puts us in the right path...

I mean we wont be the first team to change ownership.

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post

Do you remember Ram fans waving signs back when the Rams were still in California (Anaheim) imploring Georgia to sell the team? The tv cameras used to zoom in on them as they were present at both home and away games .. Seems like deja vu ...Yes a change in ownership is what many of us have been wishing for -- I was just hoping that the wheels didn't have to fly off completely and spin away in different directions which unfortunately is a distinct probability now. In the long run it should be better with a new owner who cares about winning, but it is sure looking grim for next season.

Chris58 is offline Registered User

I say again, one of the happiest days in Ram history was the day Carrol Rosenbloom bought the team and one of the saddest was the day he drowned.

smizzhfx is offline Registered User

I would never wish death upon anyone, but I'd like to see the franchise change hands as soon as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by smizzhfx View Post
    I would never wish death upon anyone, but I'd like to see the franchise change hands as soon as possible.
    dont necessarily have to die...they can just sell before they do.

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

L.A. Rams Return?
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

Quote Originally Posted by LA Rammer View Post
    L.A. Rams Return?

thats what im thinking, if we have the Rams move from St Louis because of an owner change...where could we have the team relocated that will make profit.

Drew is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by smizzhfx View Post
    nah but a lil nudge on the top of the stairs...maybe,a strategically placed pillow....cant hurt can it?

smizzhfx is offline Registered User

Would the franchise ever relocate back to LA? What other markets that don't have a team could the Rams possibly move to?
    Vegas?
    Alamabama-area?
    Toronto?????

blood85 is offline Registered User

The return of my beloved Rams to LOS ANGELES, man , that has a really nice sound to it!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. -01-09-2008, 05:35 PM