Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    punahou is offline Registered User

I said this 3 years ago-- probelms and solutions

Linewho? thats right, thats what I said when he was hired. The mighty Miami Dolphins O coordinator- what a great hire.

The Rams Efense: yep no typo, the Rams have no D.
    Its not Hasletts fault-- his defenses rely on uber Linebackers, of which the Rams have maybe 1. They needed to address this in the draft, but took Donnie Aintly because Linewho is really Mike Martz's cousin.

Playing their top draft picks out of position and expecting them to produce.
    Why move Long to RE when all he did was excel at LE? Why move Carriker to DT when he plays DE? Why move Witherspoon inside when hes an OLB?
    Poor management-- and it starts from the people controlling the draft and Linewho.

Solution: move Long to LE, Carriker to RE, Witherspoon outside and Little to OLB--- again a position hes familar with when with the Vols.
    Tyed up Under the Hill. Again WTH with that poor draft choice? Why draft a person who hasnt grownan inch since elementary school?

Sigh all I know is Marty is out there-- a great Vermeil-esque/Malavasi/Robinson type coach that breeds solid, tough football teams.
    Look at San Diego: no Marty no winny.

As a side note: why the Rams let all their really good players go is a mystery

1) Kevin Carter
    2) Grant Winstrom
    3) London Flethcher
    4) Dre Bly
    5) Isaac Bruce, for godsake someone who has ever been ,loyal to this orgainization, and most importantly is a team leader and player. You dont let a locker room guy go, especially so when hes better than every receiver you have except maybe Tory Holt. Drew Bennett? please
    Last edited by punahou; -09-16-2008 at 05:07 PM.

BEER is offline Registered User

Re: I said this 3 years ago-- probelms and solutions

The team wants to move, or sell. So how do you do that??? Simple you
    keep Linewho and Hassucks, we keep losing and then there is no fans,
    no market, no one at the games.......... Move or sell approved. At least
    thats what SHE did here in LA....

RedArcher7 is offline Registered User

Um, who are you?

renrawtruk is offline Registered User

I don't care who you are, you are exactly right.

WW is an OLB. Carriker is a DE, and a big one.

Haslett is playing out of position too, with the 4-3.

Picture if we had Carriker/Ryan/Glover as our front 3 with Little, Hall, and Long playing the "tweener" LB/DE in a 3-4.

At the very least, in the 4-3, put Carriker on the end on 1st and 2nd down, and then bring in Long on 3rd down to rush the passer.

To add to the list of guys we let go, think about the one's that had a big week this past week???

Martz/Warner/Bruce/Hedgecock,

and then there's the 1,000+ yards receiving Kevin Curtis had last year, and we have Drew Bennett. Ryan Pickett does a pretty good job for the Packers. And I'm pretty sure at the end of the day we will wish we took Desean "Yes I celebrate too early, but I"m better than Donny Avery" Jackson.

Every team has to let some players go, but these guys were our core team, and they are succeeding elsewear while we have become a joke.

sig51 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by renrawtruk View Post
    I don't care who you are, you are exactly right.

Picture if we had Carriker/Ryan/Glover as our front 3 with Little, Hall, and Long playing the "tweener" LB/DE in a 3-4.

At the very least, in the 4-3, put Carriker on the end on 1st and 2nd down, and then bring in Long on 3rd down to rush the passer.

To add to the list of guys we let go, think about the one's that had a big week this past week???

and then there's the 1,000+ yards receiving Kevin Curtis had last year, and we have Drew Bennett. Ryan Pickett does a pretty good job for the Packers. And I'm pretty sure at the end of the day we will wish we took Desean "Yes I celebrate too early, but I"m better than Donny Avery" Jackson.

Every team has to let some players go, but these guys were our core team, and they are succeeding elsewear while we have become a joke.
    Damn Straight.

RedArcher7 is offline Registered User

Spoon hasn't done anything wrong as a MLB, in fact he's been a standout in the defense at his position.

Adam Carriker does not have the speed to be a great defensive end and not a pass rusher. He wouldn't be anything more than a first and second down DE and we have enough of those. It's a stupid idea to bring Chris Long in as a third down pass rusher if we invested all that money in him, when we could have taken a more dynamic player in Gholston. Long was the all around better player, that's why we drafted him.

WE STILL DON'T HAVE THE PLAYERS TO PLAY A 3-4!!!

We would be worse off.

Kevin Curtis became Phillys number one target, Drew was our number three. Marvin, Reggie and Brandon in Indy were the last 3 to gain 1000 yards in a season, it doesn't happen ever. The current Curtis/Bennett comparison is invalid.

Desean Jackson is a punk. Philly has a good offense, that's why he does good. Hindsight 20/20 there buddy. Avery was atop many draft boards, as Nick has defended in the past. I'm not alone in saying I don't want that chump on this team. Celebrating before you score(or don't score)? Get out of here.

PARamfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RedArcher7 View Post
    Spoon hasn't done anything wrong as a MLB, in fact he's been a standout in the defense at his position.

Adam Carriker does not have the speed to be a great defensive end and not a pass rusher. He wouldn't be anything more than a first and second down DE and we have enough of those. It's a stupid idea to bring Chris Long in as a third down pass rusher if we invested all that money in him, when we could have taken a more dynamic player in Gholston. Long was the all around better player, that's why we drafted him.

We would be worse off.

Kevin Curtis became Phillys number one target, Drew was our number three. Marvin, Reggie and Brandon in Indy were the last 3 to gain 1000 yards in a season, it doesn't happen ever. The current Curtis/Bennett comparison is invalid.

Desean Jackson is a punk. Philly has a good offense, that's why he does good. Hindsight 20/20 there buddy. Avery was atop many draft boards, as Nick has defended in the past. I'm not alone in saying I don't want that chump on this team. Celebrating before you score(or don't score)? Get out of here.
    What I think he was trying to say is that Curtis would be a better #2 than Bennett and I absolutley agree.
    Last edited by PARamfan; -09-16-2008 at 07:55 PM.

We would be worse off.

I never said Witherspoon is doing a bad job, but hes playing out of position. Put on the outsdie and let him use his skills at providing a pass rush-- which is obviously anemic.

Carriker:
    hes large now because he was told to bulk up for his position.
    If the Rams were looking for an interior lineman prior to drafting Carriker-- then why take him? Best player on the board? I dont know-- but he played DE in college and registered 20.5 sacks for Nebraska.

4.87 40 290lbs, 33 BP reps-- to bulky to play DE?

SFCRamFan is offline Registered User

Interesting debate. I can see where there are many flaws in our defensive personnel. Too many square pegs in round holes....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SJax, a developing quarterbacks best friend...

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

Dude,

You lost me at Kevin Carter, the man was a lazy slug!

Quote Originally Posted by punahou View Post

As a side note: why the Rams let all their really good players go is a mystery

1) Kevin Carter
    2) Grant Winstrom
    3) London Flethcher
    4) Dre Bly
    5) Isaac Bruce, for godsake someone who has ever been ,loyal to this orgainization, and most importantly is a team leader and player. You dont let a locker room guy go, especially so when hes better than every receiver you have except maybe Tory Holt. Drew Bennett? please
    "The disappointment of losing is huge!"

Jack Youngblood

Quote Originally Posted by MoonJoe View Post
    Dude,

You lost me at Kevin Carter, the man was a lazy slug!

Really? he only helped the Rams to their Superbowl Win, while compiling 17 sacks. He also had double digit sacks for most of his stay with the Rams.

Um, who are you?
    who am I?

I am a gdamned Loyalist that has foll0wed this team since 1975 when I was 7 years Old!

Im from Hawaii-- so (strange story) I associated the LA Rams with Disneyland =P, and became a fan of all the regular LA teams (Lakers/Dodgers).

I followed them with Pat Haden to Vince Feragamo to Dieter Brock to Jim Everett.

Ive stayed with this team thru the dismal 90s when the result of Eric Dickersons departure and the squandering of the resultant draft picks really put this team in the hole.

So who am I? Im a concerned FAN of the Rams that cant stand the poor decision making that this team perpetually makes.

The hiring of Linewho was truly perplexing when other candidates were out there. This smacks of puppet management ala Al Davis, where the powers that be want a head coach in regent position only, not a head coach with a mind of his own that will use it to better the team.

blood85 is offline Registered User

Dieter Brock, now there's a piece of crap qb for you.

ROB'S RAMPAGE Guest

punahou,

You are DEAD ON!

By the way RADFORD 86'.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Why move Long to RE when all he did was excel at LE? Why move Carriker to DT when he plays DE? Why move Witherspoon inside when hes an OLB?
    Poor management-- and it starts from the people controlling the draft and Linewho.
    Long excelled at LE in a 3-4 which is a lot different to playing end in a 4-3, and we have LIttle to play LE in the 4-3, so Long was moved to RE. Carriker, again, played DE in a 3-4 and has the size and strength to be a very good DT in a 4-3. Witherspoon was moved inside because he has the speed, smarts and ability to be one of the best MLBs in the league.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast