Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By laram0
  • 3 Post By NJ Ramsfan1
  • 2 Post By bradwill

Thread: I seem to remember.....

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

I seem to remember.....

Please correct me if I'm wrong but I seem to remember when Spags was hired to be our Headcoach he said something like: Winning in this league begins with beating the opponents in your own division. Namely the NFC WEST!!! Well since Spags has taken over our RAMS are 3-11 against our NFC WEST foes!

Stick a fork in him...he's done!
    RamDez likes this.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Re: I seem to remember.....

Another thing that works against Spags is that there are several coaches of poor teams who are getting better while the Rams remain lousy. Tony Sparano- a guy who's on life-support as head coach- has won three in a row with a pathetic Miami team which all of a sudden looks decent. Pete Carroll- a guy i can't stand but who must get his due- has the Seahawks at 4-6 with two wins in a row including victories against Baltimore and at the Giants. John Fox has done the impossible- tailoring an offense around a guy who has no business being a starting NFL QB. Contrast this with Spags/McDaniels inability to adjust the offensive scheme to fit the pieces we have.

Not all of the Rams' woes are Spags' fault, but as the head guy, you're responsible for the product you put on the field. And in a results-oriented business, his days are numbered.

sinzroman is offline Registered User

Spags was hired to beef up the defense. It has gotten better, insert draft picks. The problem lies with McDannyboy. Denver didn't get rid of the inexperience for nothing. Compared to him, Mike Martz IS a genius.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sinzroman View Post
    Spags was hired to beef up the defense. It has gotten better, insert draft picks. The problem lies with McDannyboy. Denver didn't get rid of the inexperience for nothing. Compared to him, Mike Martz IS a genius.
    Spags was hired to do a helluva lot more than beef up the defense. He was hired to run an NFL football team, which he seems completely incapable of doing.
    RamDez, live4ramin and bradwill like this.

sinzroman is offline Registered User

I understand your discontent, but remember this guy is a defensive guy not an offensive guy. Get rid of the kid.

bradwill is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sinzroman View Post
    If he was hired to only beef up the defense, even further reason to fire Devaney because that would be really dumb.

Bill Billick was an offensive guru who led the Ravens to SB victory and all of their success while he was there was overwhelmingly due to defense and not offense, more like in spite of their offense. Tony Dungy was purely a D-guy who wins a SB with a pretty bad D and a great offense in Indy.

A HC is supposed to be coach over the whole team, not just one area. Rams' D during Spags' tenure hasn't been good in STL either for that matter.

Jeff Fisher? Would love to see it.
    THOLTFAN81 and NJ Ramsfan1 like this.