View Poll Results: The Rams' Head Coach next year will be...

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mike Martz

6 13.64%
  • Jerry Gray

7 15.91%
  • Greg Williams

7 15.91%
  • Pete Carroll

2 4.55%
  • Jeff Fisher

6 13.64%
  • Ron Rivera

4 9.09%
  • Jim Schwartz

0 0%
  • Al Saunders

4 9.09%
  • Scott Linehan

0 0%
  • Other (list below)

8 18.18%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    CanadianRam! is offline Registered User

Re: I think [blank] will be the Rams Head Coach next year.

me!!

just kidding id say jeff fisher

Roy G. Biv is offline Registered User

What about that dude from Baltimore that they made DC last year? Buddy Ryan's son I think.
    "I'm not going to hide my opinions. They're coming to you between 7000-4000 Angstroms for all the world to see. Oh yes, you will be enlightened."

maineram is offline Registered User

I'm thinking LordoftheRams !!!! Obviously very knowledgable of the game, isn't a more diehard Rams fan anywhere on the planet, and has an ego equal if not bigger than Martz that the media would just fall in love with.
    If he wouldn't take the job, I'm hoping he starts a real Rams fan website, where we could go to hear real inside info, and share his opinions with all of those wannabe Ram fans out there like myself.

Here's to our new coach, Lord of The Rams, and founder of the only real Rams fan website.

Maineram -
    and out of the ashes rise ...The Breakfast Club !

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Jeff Fisher. Or another longshot could be Herm Edwards.

WHAT SAY YE?

serkicker32 is offline Registered User

ron rivera
    we still have a lot of talent from Lovie's time here and I think he would be the best at using that talent.

socalramfan is offline Registered User

My sister apllied as D cord last year I think she should of gotten it

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

I want a coach with some juicy potential... not a Jeff Fisher, a Greg Williams, or a Pete Carroll, who are all very good coaches but have been proven already to be inconsistent as head coaches.

My initial instinct was Jerry Gray, a great motivator of the troops and a very intelligent DC. As a former All-Pro Ram, he seems to be the perfect fit.

However, I like what I've read about Ron Rivera so far...

[collected from ESPN & the Chicago Bears homepage.]

Former Bears linebacker Ron Rivera is in his second season as Chicago's defensive coordinator, guiding a unit that led the NFC with a team-record six defensive touchdowns in his first campaign. Rivera was named to his current position on January 23, 2004, after spending five seasons as linebackers coach for the Philadelphia Eagles (1999-2003). Rivera, who played nine seasons for the Bears (1984-92), was a member of Chicago's Super Bowl championship team in 1985 and began his coaching career as a defensive quality control assistant with the team in 1997.

... during Rivera's first year [1999 as the Eagles linebackers coach], Philadelphia led the NFL with 46 takeaways including a team record five interceptions returned for touchdowns.

In his first season as an NFL defensive coordinator, Rivera oversaw the highest scoring defense in team history and presided over an increase of nine takeaways from the previous year. The Bears thrived in third-down situations as well as inside its own 20-yard line during Rivera's first season at the helm. Chicago's defense led the NFL in third-down efficiency (30.5%) and led the NFC (fourth NFL) in red zone defense (42.6%). Most importantly, Rivera's young defense demonstrated in-game improvement from the first half to the second half throughout the 2004 campaign, holding six opponents to three points or less in the second half while limiting five opponents to less than 100 yards of total offense after half-time.
    If we are planning to keep our current style of offense with Steve Fairchild as the OC, a takeaway-prone defense is exactly what we need to bring back. Rivera established that in just his first year.

Just two years ago, the Bears defense finished the season 28th in yardage allowed and 22nd in points allowed. This year, they've been riding an eight-game winning streak on a defense that leads the NFL in total yards, points, passing yards, yards per play, yards per pass attempt, first downs, third down conversions and red zone percentage.

While in Philadelphia, the Eagles advanced to the NFC Championship game each of his final three seasons and during that stretch ranked near the top of the League in fewest points allowed (15.3 ppg), third down efficiency (32.4%), sacks (189), opponent quarterback rating (73.2) and takeaways (128). In 2001, the Eagles defense allowed fewer than 21 points in each of their 16 games for just the fourth time in League history ... Rivera helped develop LB Jeremiah Trotter into a two-time Pro Bowl performer with the Eagles. During Rivera's five years overseeing the Eagles linebackers, he worked with the top tacklers on the team as each of the three starters consistently ranked in the top five on the team in tackles and as a group averaged 387 tackles per season (129 tackles per starting linebacker).
    Chicago's also on course this season with Brian Urlacher [1], Lance Briggs [2], and Hunter Hillenmeyer [5] among the top five tacklers. In Rivera's first season, they each finished in the top four. Our top six include Pisa Tinoisamoa, Adam Archuleta, Ryan Pickett, Corey Ivy, Mike Furrey, and Leonard Little. Remember how much Jeremiah Trotter stunk when he left Philly and Rivera behind? I can't help but imagine what wonders he'd work with Pisa and our linebacking corps. What a trip it'd be to see our LINEBACKERS leading the team in tackles.

At first, I thought the Bears' defensive success was all thanks to Lovie Smith, but it's clear that Ron Rivera has a huge part in it. Chicago, Tampa Bay, and Indianapolis, all of which run some form of the cover-two scheme defensively, are currently ranked first, second, and third in the NFL overall, respectively. A total personnel overhaul on defense wouldn't be completely necessary [although many will and must be gone] as many of these young Ram players fit the mold already. Although handling the job as a head coach is a different story altogether, there is good reason for hope that Rivera [or Jerry Gray... I'm still a teeny bit iffy] can bring instant, drastic improvement on the defensive side of the ball.
    Last edited by evil disco man; -12-08-2005 at 11:48 PM.

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

You forgot Kirk Ferentz. BTW I voted Jerry Gray
    RamsFan16

Holt81Jackson39 is offline Registered User

AOBMM (Anyone Besides Mike Martz), but it might be him.

Lovie Smith....JK....wishful thinking!!

Seriousaly, I think it will be Herm Edaward because HELLO.....WE PLAY TO WIN THE GAME!!!

NY RAMFAN is offline Registered User

Next Year We'll See The Gdot (greatest Defense On Turf) With Marmie As Hc

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

Rivera seems pretty tempting, but I would love to see if Gray could bring back some of that Ram toughness that the LA defense used to have.:clanram:
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

maineram is offline Registered User

Jerry Gray is a touchy feel good ex rams story. What has he done as a HC ?? Nothing. What does he know about offense....nothing. How long has he been a DC ???. Too many if's in my book to give him our top gig.
    I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think we're gonna see a top notch team in the near future, with the names I'm hearing.

Maineram -
    and out of the ashes rise ...The Breakfast Club !

Tony Soprano is offline Registered User

Jerry Gray is struggling as a COORDINATOR, so it makes no sense to give him Twice the responsibility.

The Titans aren't letting Jeff Fisher go.

We should motivate some of these guys to come as HC. Give them incentives.. wine and dine them and their families. Don't believe it'll happen though.
    Monte Kiffin Tampa and Johnson in Philly have proved themselves for years and years.

Gregg Williams on the Redskins is highly respected.

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Soprano
    Jerry Gray is struggling as a COORDINATOR, so it makes no sense to give him Twice the responsibility.

The Titans aren't letting Jeff Fisher go.

We should motivate some of these guys to come as HC. Give them incentives.. wine and dine them and their families. Don't believe it'll happen though.
    Monte Kiffin Tampa and Johnson in Philly have proved themselves for years and years.

Gregg Williams on the Redskins is highly respected.
    Man you really have it out for Gray. He isn't struggling as a coordinator, they are struggling with key defensive injuries.

Gregg is highly respected????? He went 17-31 in Buf as a head coach. You should be all over Williams like you are all over Gray. Williams is doing a nice job as a DC in Wash, but his head coaching record is horrible, so since your whole point is Gray might not be able to handle being the head coach, what makes you think Williams could with that record in Buf.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

rams_fan81 is offline Registered User

Pete Carrol said he was staying usc

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast