Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    STLRAMSFAN Guest

    I think everyone should stop with their BS story about Faulk not wantin to play more.

    Faulk may have went to management and told them it was time to make a change because he is good hearted and they chose a RB with their first over all pick.
    How many players anywhere in the NFL would go to management and tell them to play some one else ahead of them none is the answer because they are all after the dollar but not Faulk he wants to see the kid get a chance and succeed. But Faulk still has a lot of game left in him and if Jackson ever went down with an injury and they had to play Faulk you would see that I can honestly say Jackson has helped contribute to our losing season with his no gain runs and getting two QB's blown up by bad blocking both Bulger and Martin were the victims of his poor blocking.

    Faulk has a lot of game left and this was the first off-season in a long time he did not have to have surgery. He is as healthy and as good as he has been in a long time. I guarantee you if I had to win a game I would take Faulk over Jackson as my running back. Once Faulk saw they drafted a RB he knew he did not have a lot of years left and he knew they had to play the #1 RB in the draft pretty quickly and that is why I believe he said they should play him. Because how would people feel if Faulk played good and we did not start Jackson for another 4 years they would all be wondering why we spent such a high pick on someone that sets on the bench.


    Nick Faulk did it for the team and Jackson no one else in the NFL would have done what he did. Faulk may have thought at the time that Jackson might be able to handle the starting job and knowing that they selected him so high they would have to play him soon. Faulk is today better then Jackson. He is as healthy as he has ever been.


  2. #2
    psycho9985 Guest

    Re: I think everyone should stop with their BS story about Faulk not wantin to play more.

    Yes I agree.Faulk has more game in him than Jackson does at this point.
    If the guy would just stick to the play called, he would have alot more yards accumilated = a couple of more wins for us possibly.
    At this point i think they should play Aveion Cason if Faulk wants to stay in the same roll.It might be good for Jackson to get benched a game or 2.

  3. #3
    OldRamsfan's Avatar
    OldRamsfan is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Fort Mohave, AZ
    Posts
    886
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: I think everyone should stop with their BS story about Faulk not wantin to play more.

    Quote Originally Posted by psycho9985
    Yes I agree.Faulk has more game in him than Jackson does at this point.
    If the guy would just stick to the play called, he would have alot more yards accumilated = a couple of more wins for us possibly.
    At this point i think they should play Aveion Cason if Faulk wants to stay in the same roll.It might be good for Jackson to get benched a game or 2.

    Well said pscho , I do wish Jackson would follow the play as well ... He needs that burst to the hole and he's not , He's trying to be Faulk and he is far from that ...

    Attachment 629
    Last edited by OldRamsfan; -12-12-2005 at 04:44 PM.

  4. #4
    LaRamsFanLongTime Guest

    Re: I think everyone should stop with their BS story about Faulk not wantin to play more.

    Hell yeah I agree. Its Stephens Fault, Faulk would have had us in the playoffs.LOL

    I wish I could come back with something worth while here but these arguments are just ridiculous. Now it is all about a conspiracy theory Faulk was just playing a role right? I guess this all has nothing to do with the fact that the offensive line has played like a JV team at best right?

    He is as healthy as he has ever been.
    The validity of your point if there was any flew out the window right there. Marshall himself said on the best damn Sports show that he is only 80 pct of what he was.
    Last edited by LaRamsFanLongTime; -12-12-2005 at 04:31 AM.

  5. #5
    Nick's Avatar
    Nick is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Age
    32
    Posts
    19,876
    Rep Power
    154

    Re: I think everyone should stop with their BS story about Faulk not wantin to play more.

    Quote Originally Posted by STLRAMSFAN
    Faulk may have went to management and told them it was time to make a change because he is good hearted and they chose a RB with their first over all pick.
    Quote Originally Posted by STLRAMSFAN
    that is why I believe he said they should play him.
    Quote Originally Posted by STLRAMSFAN
    Faulk may have thought at the time that Jackson might be able to handle the starting job and knowing that they selected him so high they would have to play him soon.
    See, that's all fine and dandy. But when you use words like "may" or phrases like "I believe," then it's called speculation.

    I don't doubt that part of Faulk's decision was based on the club's situation, having a young talented 'back on the bench. And I don't doubt that part of Faulk's decision was based on him being a good person. What I contend is that the decision was also based on his health and his ability to carry the load as a starting running back.

    I commend him for the decision to not only take a step back on the depth chart, but also to take a pay cut. I don't know why you're suddenly reminding us of how selfless Faulk has been, because I seriously doubt you'll find a person who either disagrees or doesn't appreciate that. Do you think we've forgotten? If so, I personally haven't.

    But again, according to Marshall himself, he thought if he had to play a full season, it would probably be his last. Go back and watch the NFL Network interview to hear the words right out of his mouth (approx. 4:08 into the interview).

    This BS story about Faulk not wanting the bigger role? Well, you consider it BS, but until Faulk says differently, then this is what I'm going on - his own belief that a step back was necessary to extend his career and remain healthy and effective in this offense. And that's exactly what he's done.


    Quote Originally Posted by STLRAMSFAN
    I can honestly say Jackson has helped contribute to our losing season with his no gain runs and getting two QB's blown up by bad blocking both Bulger and Martin were the victims of his poor blocking.
    Okay. I don't think you're going to find anyone who will dispute that Jackson has made errors and mistakes this season. Has he helped contribute to our losing season? Sure he has. So has the rest of the team. That's the beauty of a team, see. You win as a team, and you lose as a team.

    But if you're going to fault Jackson for helping contribute to our losses, will you admit that he's also contributed to our wins, by gaining 527 yards on 100 carries (5.2 ypc average) with four rushing touchdowns?

    Or is this going to be a rehash of Martz debates, where people blame him for mistakes but won't give him credit for successes?


    Quote Originally Posted by STLRAMSFAN
    He is as healthy as he has ever been.
    His health is in large part thanks to the fact that his touches per game have been reduced by over half from last year. And even with his reduced role, Faulk has had his bumps this season. He was banged up slightly going into the game against Arizona and Houston. Now imagine if he was getting twice as many touches per game. Would he still be as healthy as he has been this year? Somehow I doubt it.

    To conclude, I'll provide something from KFFL, and you can take it for what it's worth. I say that because the information I'm providing is a quote from Martz, and I know there are people who would trust the word's of a criminal more than Martz. But as I said, you can take it for what it's worth.

    In a Bill Coats article this summer, Martz said of Marshall Faulk's role: "Marshall's role will be very significant. It's not limited. It's what he wants it to be... Marshall suggested this during the (2004) season as a way of helping Steven, so he's not always looking over his shoulder and makes one mistake and he's coming out (of the game), that kind of thing."

    Food for thought.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!



  6. #6
    general counsel's Avatar
    general counsel is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    atlanta, georgia
    Age
    52
    Posts
    5,706
    Rep Power
    84

    Re: I think everyone should stop with their BS story about Faulk not wantin to play m

    I am as big a faulk fan as there is on the planet. however, suggesting that this team would be in the playoffs if faulk was the starter all year is beyond the realm of comprehension, unless of course, someone thinks that faulk was going to play on the defensive line, at linebacker and also at corner.

    Should he play more? Absolutely. can he play every down at this point? No. He is healthy in large part because he isnt playing. he has worn down and been injured for two years prior to this. No balance on the part of management/coaches, its another ridiculous example of how the squad has been operated this year, that kind of talent sitting on the bench.

    ramming speed to all

    general counsel


  7. #7
    AvengerRam's Avatar
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Longwood, Florida, United States
    Age
    46
    Posts
    19,051
    Rep Power
    172

    Re: I think everyone should stop with their BS story about Faulk not wantin to play more.

    How many of you have had serious knee injuries?

    I have had two knee surgeries. One (torn ACL and meniscus) in 1992 and the other (torn meniscus, scar tissue) in 2001. Though I went through rehab after both, and I don't play professional football, I can still feel the effects. I never regained the "spring" in my leg (for example, I used to be able to touch a basketball rim, now I struggle to touch the backboard).

    Faulk has had many more surgeries than I have, and he has a lot of milage for an NFL RB. Clearly, as "healthy" as he might be, he's not the same player physically as he was when he came to the Rams in 1999.

    Jackson is a young player with great physical tools, and he has shown the ability to be a front line back. He needs some work, and a lot more help from the O line, but he is the Rams' future at RB.

    Faulk playing this year as the primary back would have been a mistake. Plus, in my opinion, it would not have lasted.

    If you don't like Jackson as a player, fine. But Faulk's days as a top back are done.

  8. #8
    txramsfan's Avatar
    txramsfan is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Poplar Bluff, MO
    Age
    51
    Posts
    7,266
    Rep Power
    65

    Re: I think everyone should stop with their BS story about Faulk not wantin to play more.

    Can Faulk tackle, or rush the passer, or cover a receiver? Because the only this team would make the playoffs is if SOMEONE, ANYONE, could do one of those three things consistently.

  9. #9
    CanadianRam! Guest

    Re: I think everyone should stop with their BS story about Faulk not wantin to play more.

    faulk should still get more carries tho
    he should get about 5-10 carries a game consistently

  10. #10
    talkstoangels61 Guest

    Re: I think everyone should stop with their BS story about Faulk not wantin to play more.

    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam
    How many of you have had serious knee injuries?

    I have had two knee surgeries. One (torn ACL and meniscus) in 1992 and the other (torn meniscus, scar tissue) in 2001. Though I went through rehab after both, and I don't play professional football, I can still feel the effects. I never regained the "spring" in my leg (for example, I used to be able to touch a basketball rim, now I struggle to touch the backboard).

    Faulk has had many more surgeries than I have, and he has a lot of milage for an NFL RB. Clearly, as "healthy" as he might be, he's not the same player physically as he was when he came to the Rams in 1999.




    Jackson is a young player with great physical tools, and he has shown the ability to be a front line back. He needs some work, and a lot more help from the O line, but he is the Rams' future at RB.

    Faulk playing this year as the primary back would have been a mistake. Plus, in my opinion, it would not have lasted.

    If you don't like Jackson as a player, fine. But Faulk's days as a top back are done.
    I have had 2 knee injuries an ACL...and a MCL tear so i know that they do hurt but, if i loved the game and could help the team win then i'd be in there!..............For the $$$$$ these guys are making i'd tell the coach to put me in!

  11. #11
    talkstoangels61 Guest

    Re: I think everyone should stop with their BS story about Faulk not wantin to play more.

    Me also thinks that Marshall is a little wiser than most!............He knew the Oline was terrible at the end of last season!.So why not take a year off to further his career!.By the seasons end when SJ has not had really any holes to run through and people are on him like they have been on MF the last few years he canprove a point about how bad the OLINE has played!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •